Conor cuts 30 pounds yets fights "midgets"

No i was thinking what has size got to do with anything. Tyson was a small guy and he still could beat bigger guys. If size was everything how come Tyson was so successful?

Conor is just taller than most guys, but at the end of the day, if he was a crappy fighter he would have got knocked out by Mendes. Conor has real talent.

Conor may walk around at 170, but there is no way in hell he is packing on 25 pounds in 24 hours. He be lucky if he hits 155.

Tyson wasn't a small guy. Short for a heavyweight, but he was a legitimate heavyweight in his build. Great size. Thick. Solid. Tight.

Putting on 20-25 pounds after the initial weigh in isn't out of the ordinary. Most massive weight cutters do it, and McGregor is clearly in that category (you don't look that emaciated during a weight cut without bloating big time afterwards.)

Bones gets loads of shit for being 'too big' for his weight class but Conor gets nowhere near the same heat for it. Why? I like both of these fighters btw.

You crazy? I see numerous threads every day about McGregor being a big bully and picking on 145'ers. I think some people just see what they want.

That's a cool story, bro.

Or it would be if he cut anything close to 30 pounds.

He might be fighting midgets but he's made weight every single time as far as I know, so I have no problem with it.

He cuts a little less or roughly the same as Jones, Gustafsson, Weidman, Rockhold etc. Conor walks around 170 give or take a few pounds. I guess all of these fighters are mentally weak to need such an advantage which can certainly be a disadvantage if the cut isn't done right.

No. He cuts a higher percentage of body weight than the guys you mention. It isn't the same at all.

No. He cuts a higher percentage of body weight than the guys you mention. It isn't the same at all.

You know cutting weight isn't magic, right? It's not some dark art that one person holds over another. Every fighter cuts weight. Those who cut too much end up at much greater risk. It's not a fucking magic trick, it's nothing but hard fucking work.

"I can't believe this guy gets away with working so hard! What a bastard, what a bully!"

Wrestling is far more extreme with the weight cutting. I wrestled at 138 and 145 in high school. I'm now 26, fit, and I weigh 191-193.

Wrestling is far more extreme with the weight cutting. I wrestled at 138 and 145 in high school. I'm now 26, fit, and I weigh 191-193.

Irrelevant in almost every aspect.. totally.

LOL, Captain Halfstory. What did you cut FROM in high school to that weight? How did it affect you? And who really cares? People's bodies change a lot from 16-26. This information you volunteered is absolutely useless in the context and format you presented it. but props on cutting weight and living to 26, I guess. You're doin great. :wink:

You know cutting weight isn't magic, right? It's not some dark art that one person holds over another. Every fighter cuts weight. Those who cut too much end up at much greater risk. It's not a fucking magic trick, it's nothing but hard fucking work.

"I can't believe this guy gets away with working so hard! What a bastard, what a bully!"

Yeah no shit man.

I am not claiming there is anything mystical or unfair about it. But he cuts a massive amount of weight versus his size. Nothing to debate about that.

Imagine him fighting s guy like Diego Sanchez.

Sure Connor might be more physically gifted but he'd never come out with a win against a guy lik Diego.

Granite chin, relentless pace, non stop cardio, smothering wrestling.

A younger Sanchez would crush this guy and Diego isn't even top of that weight class

Sure Connor might be more physically gifted but he'd never come out with a win against a guy lik Diego.

A younger Sanchez would crush this guy and Diego isn't even top of that weight class

HAHAHAH you're hilarious. It would look like Anderson Vs. Leben. :icon_lol:

yes but that's how it is. Weidman used a similar strategy.

It doesn't seem to work at 155 though. 170ers that go down there have their hands full.

would be nice to see McConor fight someone like Cerrone

Luckily diego is going to 145. Maybe he can earn another titty shot.

I'm getting flashbacks to comments on Anderson Silva cutting 50 lbs from 235 to 185 for some reason . . .

Anderson used to Walt around at between 210 and 220, so you are slightly off the mark there. Plus he fought at a heavier weight class so less of a cut percentage wise.

It would be nice to see Conor face opponents where size/power aren't his main advantages to see how skill sets actually compare. Come on Conor, man up after you get your ass handled by the smaller Aldo!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back