Conor cuts 30 pounds yets fights "midgets"

That's the thing about cutting weight. It gives a perceived advantage to people willing to put themselves through hell doing it. How much does Conor really benefit from starving and dehydrating like that with only a day to refuel? Does he benefit at all? He's excelling, obviously, but I sometimes wonder how much (if at all) he hinders himself with drastic cuts.

He cuts a little less or roughly the same as Jones, Gustafsson, Weidman, Rockhold etc. Conor walks around 170 give or take a few pounds. I guess all of these fighters are mentally weak to need such an advantage which can certainly be a disadvantage if the cut isn't done right.

He cuts a little less or roughly the same as Jones, Gustafsson, Weidman, Rockhold etc. Conor walks around 170 give or take a few pounds. I guess all of these fighters are mentally weak to need such an advantage which can certainly be a disadvantage if the cut isn't done right.

How many of the others consistently ridicule publicly with midget/little/small terminology?

He makes weight so it is not an issue.

Remember when only the Jones haters complained about this?

Conor: I'm a fuck"in huge 5'9, i stand staunch. I show my gorilla

How many of the others consistently ridicule publicly with midget/little/small terminology?

How is this relevant to Conor cutting between 25-30 pounds? Conor is right in that most of them are midgets in comparison. At least he's admitting as much. Give him some credit for being honest.

he never missed weight.
As long as this continues, you have nothing to complain about.

Bones gets loads of shit for being 'too big' for his weight class but Conor gets nowhere near the same heat for it. Why? I like both of these fighters btw.

As long as Conor makes the weight without the use of diuretics or some other form of cheating, he is doing just fine.

I think he should move up to LW though. He clearly does have a significant size, reach, and strength advantage over most of the division. I feel this way about just about all fighters that are outclassing their division and have a noticeable size-strength difference. I like to see them move up for the challenge. If the wins are coming too easily, there are other challenges to seek.

How is this relevant to Conor cutting between 25-30 pounds? Conor is right in that most of them are midgets in comparison. At least he's admitting as much. Give him some credit for being honest.

His primary retort is based on is size advantage. U cant see?

Bones gets loads of shit for being 'too big' for his weight class but Conor gets nowhere near the same heat for it. Why? I like both of these fighters btw.

I don't like either, but as long as both make weight, IMHO there's nothing to complain about.

Note: If you want me to rationalize, it might be the reach of Jones, and the fact he uses his size extremely well, which is why people complain. So it is not much the weight, but the reach.

But again, IMHO as long as they can make weight, I (personally) do not care. Even when/if they beat my favorite fighters.

His primary retort is based on is size advantage. U cant see?

That's the idea, to insult and belittle his opponents. To get in their heads. He didn't call Dustin Poirier a midget that I remember and both were approximately the same size. Holloway is a couple inches taller with around the same reach but not as broad.

Not really sure what you're getting at here. When he moves up to Lightweight he'll just find something else to say about his opponents. Maybe he'll continue calling them rookies and shit.

That's the idea, to insult and belittle his opponents. To get in their heads. He didn't call Dustin Poirier a midget that I remember and both were approximately the same size. Holloway is a couple inches taller with around the same reach but not as broad.

Not really sure what you're getting at here. When he moves up to Lightweight he'll just find something else to say about his opponents. Maybe he'll continue calling them rookies and shit.

I cut 30, you dont. I'm taller.. I look homeless. I replaced that previous bow tie with a zuffa special. What's hard to understand?

I mean come on.. You got taken down by an unfit "midget" Mendes, now lined up against a "little" Faber on TUF.

Fact is, you call everyone little because you make yourself sick cutting weight.

Sherdog really needs to look at a 'newbie' forum....continue to post retarded shit like this,warrants you staying a white belt until you can post something worthwhile

Sherdog really needs to look at a 'newbie' forum....continue to post retarded shit like this,warrants you staying a white belt until you can post something worthwhile

You joined in 2015?
I will create your reality

- WMMA has the greatest mma star in the world

A LHW cuts approx 12% (25lbs) while a FW cuts approx 17% (25lbs). This would be the equivalent of a 205'r cutting 35lbs. Do you think Jones weighs 240lbs on fight night? When he was fighting that is. Everyone does it, but the difference can be drastic. Ask Barao...He knows

It is called percentage. A LHW cuts 12% (25lbs) while a FW cuts 17% (25lbs). This would be the equivalent of a 205'r cutting 35lbs. Do you think Jones weighs 240lbs on fight night? When he was fighting that is. Everyone does it, but the difference can be drastic. Ask Barao...He knows

It's also called the same amount of weight in pounds. Thanks for telling me that lighter guys that cut the same amount of weight in pounds as larger guys are cutting a higher % of their total mass.

He's not fighting Faber tho.

Back