Conor cuts 30 pounds yets fights "midgets"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by richomma, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Tsar

Tsar Brown Belt

i think he invites it every time he makes fun of the little people he cuts weight to fight against.

2. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah

He isn't fighting Faber you nancy.

They are just coaching on TUF.

3. Ragnarocker

Ragnarocker Banned Banned

I heard on Ultimate Answers that Conor Mc likes to eat boogers after a fight.

4. bigconan

bigconan Gold Belt

Unfit midget, yet was able to make weight, easily. Unfit midget, that faber early on, both he and chad both said he was in great shape and how he is always in the gym.

The unfit, short training camp has died already. Nobody can really believe that's why he lost. If you do, you didn't watch the very first 2 minutes of the fight, when a shorted camp would have been of no consequence, chad was getting lit up on the feet. Getting staggered back, with a straight left and a brutal body attact.

conor haters love to gloss over that fact. You can't say how great of shape you are in before the fight, then use the opposite excuse when you lose.

5. 10mm

10mm Staring at the sun. Drinking Corona

Im surprised that Conor is going to be coaching Lightweights, considering he will probably be a lightweight soon. UFC trying to make him more likable? Im surprised that Conor even took the gig. Its bad for his image.

6. bigconan

bigconan Gold Belt

To be fair, Jones losing 30lbs and conor losing 30lbs is completely different. Conor is losing a much higher % of his bodyweight than jones is. Jones is already 230-240lbs. while conor is only about 170lbs.

7. memphis0789

memphis0789 Purple Belt

... that makes a huge difference though because every ounce is that much more of an advantage as the weight continues to go down until the fighter hits a point of diminishing returns. that being said i dont like connor personally but i love watching the guy fight hes exciting and has been pretty dominant so as long as he can make the weight and be healthy i dont care how much he cuts.

8. Jermei

Jermei Steel Belt Platinum Member

Meh, guy makes weight. All is fair.

9. memphis0789

memphis0789 Purple Belt

you dont think a shortened camp would affect a fighters comfort level , timing and sharpness in the opening moments of a fight when there was essentially one week of sparring at all... i cant agree with that sentiment at all. conor was still the better man that night but he prepared to fight one of the the best strikers in the ufc and then got served mendes.

10. kenetics

kenetics Silver Belt

I don't care for either fighter but 2 weeks of training really showed on Mendes. Dude usually has great cardio.

11. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

that's debatable.
    It's trash talk.

Look at Frankie. One of the smallest LW and was a champ.
    If he was a trash-talker, he would be calling the guys he fought Big slow-ass-Giants or whatever (I am not that great at trash talk) but you get my point :icon_lol:

And thinking about it, this is what TJ did to Barao. Called him "too big, too slow".

This is trying to put doubt on the opponent's head.

12. Jackonflame

Jackonflame Gold Belt

I do think it's funny that Conor thought he was so clever when he told Chad he could rest his balls on his forehead then come fight time it was little Chad "mini" Mendes who actually laid his balls on Conor's forehead.

That's the kind of shit Conor will never live down, lol.

13. Bull Terrier

Bull Terrier Black Belt

McGregor mocking peoples height is like a guy with a 5 inch dick mocking a guy with a 4 inch dick.

14. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

MMA fans constantly discrediting successful fighters sucks.

I'm glad Conor & Ronda bring casuals. If we just had 'diehards' like this idiot TS complaining mma would be in shit shape.

15. FinalFight

FinalFight Black Belt

Good. Faber is too small and would get rekt, no point even making that fight, imo. Conor needs to fight Aldo then move up.

16. Wicked_1

Wicked_1 Brown Belt

If makes weight, who cares. A.Silva, J Jones, Gsp, all called goats..do the exact same thing. That's why in my eyes, Fedor is the real goat..he fought a lot of much bigger guys, and dominated. All boxers do the same thing, so that's a learned thing. Can u imagine Fedor, or Tyson if the moved down a weight class? Fedor at lhw..wow. That's unfair. Anyway..Conner can fight wherever he wants as long as he can make weight and rehydrate before fight time. He may be even better moving up and not having to cut. Cutting weight always takes slot out of someone's, its not the easiest thing on your body. Hmmm...yet Rhonda can't move up 5 lbs to fight cyborg...when it wouldn't even be for the belt...weak..

17. Kahran

Kahran Tiger Style.

Why are you typing like he's reading this thread?

18. Singlelegsweep

Singlelegsweep Blue Belt

ITT TS finds out what weight cutting is; hurts his butt

19. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

If you can make weight you can fight in whatever weight class you want. Why don't you bitch about Roop?

20. Harlekin

Harlekin Brown Belt

Conor is a hypocrite