Conor and his low carb diet

Athletes need carbs. Unless you are a marathon runner who needs slow burning fuel like fat.
A friend of mine runs marathons. He eats really low carbs and iirc 48hs before the race he does a "carbo load" and eats shit tons of pasta.

Keto/low carb are good for sedentary people, for athletes in general you need carbs

he said once in an embedded that he barely eats red meat for the last 3 weeks of his camp

From my understanding he eats a lot of red meat and very little carbs. For the nutriton experts out there what are the pros and cons of this kind of diet for MMA fighters? I know Conor is known for having bad cardio and looking gassed after hitting the pads for a couple of minutes. I know genetics play a role but it seems kind of weird for somebody that preaches "timing beats speed and precision beats power" to gas out as quick as he does. Somebody else that is noted for having a meat heavy and low carb diet + shit cardio is Joe Rogan. I've seen people talking like it's impossible to train hard while being on low carbs and also mention how gassed Joe looks after hitting pads for like 30 seconds.

So... What are the benefits of low carb diets for MMA? Has Conor been watching too many Joe Rogan podcasts or are there benefits to it?
Against Dennis Siver (Pre-USADA)
Conor-McGregor.png

Against Chad Mendes (Post-USADA)
ec5b3da727609afca2b19cedd582648b

072_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

This is true for people who do not exercise or just perform aerobic exercises. For people who lift and train martial arts carbs are a must.
No it is only true for diabetics, a low or no carb diet for anyone else is not healthy especially for women and should never be done by women of a certain age.

Keto/low carb are good for sedentary people, for athletes in general you need carbs

I am doing keto now. While I don't have the kind of explosive energy I would need for sport performance I am far less tired during the day than I was when I was eating significant carbs and was not in ketosis. My overall, daily energy levels are improved. It seems counter intuitive but it is a fact.

Conor used to eat cabbage and potatoes and everyone got destroyed

Back