Conor and his low carb diet

Conor used to eat cabbage and potatoes and everyone got destroyed

Like I told the other guy, it had more to do with getting 100 million and being able to buy every drug. While on welfare, you are lucky if you can afford a small bag off week weekly. Being someone that has done about every drug in the book, if I had his money Id be dead. The thing that saved me was running out of money.

Athletes need high fat and carbs. Conor is on a bodybuilding diet. It looks good but it's not good for performance.

in what world do bodybuilders not eat carbs? haha not on this planet....if they're trying to lose weight, maybe...but in general they eat alot of both carbs and protein.

Athletes need carbs. Unless you are a marathon runner who needs slow burning fuel like fat.
. We still need carbs like crazy. Especially since marathoners tend to carry so little bodyfat and have to recover faster. Carbs are a better energy storage as well, so while they may burn a bit faster, it also means we get better energy and use less energy to break it down while running. They are also instrumental in our recovery. Its one of the main reasons carbo loading has never gone out of style while fad diets will continue to sea-saw in and out of public consciousness. Low carb diets are not good for marathon runners.

Only idiots eat carbs these days, try googling keto guys

I’ve been on keto for 3 months and will never go back to eating bread or sugar unless it’s a special occasion. The only carbs I get are from vegetables. I’ve never felt better in my life.

But if you’re an athlete who works out a lot, you need those carbs and glycogen stores for instant energy. You’re gonna burn them off anyway so the more exercise you do, the more leeway you have with eating carbs.

I did keto for a while. I didn't mind it but I was fricking knackered and couldn't run a mile without feeling awful.

Is there a source to confirm the diet? I have a hard time believing conor doesn't employ a nutritionist, and has lots of people helping him in training etc that would know the downfalls of an athlete not eating any carbs. Conor would know.. I mean if my biggest weakness is my cardio... I would definately look into everything I could possibly look into to solve that problem and become a better fighter.
In 1 min of research on Google...
Carbs play an important role in muscle growth and high-intensity exercise performance. There is no research showing low-carb diets to be superior for this.

Looking through a couple of studies showed me that carbs are very important in conors training and fighting. With no carbs your body burns fat or turns fat into carbs and burns them. This process can not keep up with simply burning carbs that you have eaten for fuel. I see absolutely 0 reasons that conor would be on a low carb diet of any sort since it pretty much works against him and what he does for a living being an athlete. It is good to lose stomach fat and is good for your heart, both of which conor doesn't need at all.
If he is indeed on a diet like this, he is totally a moron and the people that oversee him and coach him are even worse for not straightening it out and making him a better fighter. Adding conors name led me to this.. His dietician talking about carbs, etc. He does indeed feed his fighters some carbs before a workout and a lot of carbs after.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jo...th/pre-workout-nutrition-to-burn-fat-2-551079

I’ve been on keto for 3 months and will never go back to eating bread or sugar unless it’s a special occasion. The only carbs I get are from vegetables. I’ve never felt better in my life.

But if you’re an athlete who works out a lot, you need those carbs and glycogen stores for instant energy. You’re gonna burn them off anyway so the more exercise you do, the more leeway you have with eating carbs.
stay on it for years and see how you feel.3 month is just honey moon period if keto was optimum state for body it wouldn't be so easy to go out of it
it's a stress state not good for longevity but whatever to each their own seems America is in love with shit like keto and carnivore diet yet the leanest healthiest cultures consume high carb and lower fat and protein also the eskimos poster boys for keto died young and were not healthy

You can’t achieve the conditioning for 20 min fighting (endurance plus explosion) on a carb restricted diet. When carbs are reduced (to reach fight weight ) the energy comes from exogenous hormones. Hope this helps

Lets just say Conor's liver runs out of glycogen by the time he walks into the octagon.. then his body is in panic mode trying to make glucose out of protein and fat .. and voila.. Conor is gasping for air and this is very taxing to a professional athlete..
Youre not too far off but its not quite that drastic if youve been on it for several months. The body becomes efficient at creating its own glucose. However, it isnt optimal for endurance athletes by any means. You need carbs for high performance

Bunch of fattys here... go eat your pop tarts.

You can be in a low carb diet and it is good for performance.

The problem is that Colon does not put the road work necessary and his whole style is about being explosive. Once his speed goes down even a little bit his whole style become useless.

All bodys are differents and if someone is on a high carb high fat diet like a lost poster said above (LMAO) he will probably get fat. Not everybody can get away with eating a bunch.
You may want to go back and look at some credible research. Low carb is perfectly healthy if done properly and you will lose plenty of weight, but no way in HELL i would do it for sports.

lots of people saying what they have no idea on this thread, jesus

Carbs are not an essential macronutrient you can live fine without carbs as your body gets energy from the fat you eat (or your own body fat) that gets broken down into ketones, your body uses either glucose or ketones for energy, I prefer to eat carbs but it’s definitely not required

HAHAHAHAHA, no athlete goes on a LOW CARB diet. This not only goes against every nutritional advice but dont take my word for it, try to train boxing or muay thai for 3 hours without carbs or low carb. CARBS are the life essence for any athlete.

Meat is shit. Just bloats you. There's a reason that Roman Gladiators were found to have eaten a diet of almost exclusively oatmeal (in fact gladiators were nicknamed "oat eaters" by Romans).

Listen to the dude that is my avatar (joe valtellini) on Joe rogan...dude eats pasta like an Italian all the time.

Conor is just pumping every stupid trend out there. "movement", "low carb diet", and other bullshit.

HAHAHAHAHA, no athlete goes on a LOW CARB diet. This not only goes against every nutritional advice but dont take my word for it, try to train boxing or muay thai for 3 hours without carbs or low carb. CARBS are the life essence for any athlete.

Meat is shit. Just bloats you. There's a reason that Roman Gladiators were found to have eaten a diet of almost exclusively oatmeal (in fact gladiators were nicknamed "oat eaters" by Romans).

Listen to the dude that is my avatar (joe valtellini) on Joe rogan...dude eats pasta like an Italian all the time.

Conor is just pumping every stupid trend out there. "movement", "low carb diet", and other bullshit.
While i agree that carbs are superior for active athletes, meat does not cause any bloating. Go on a pure meat diet for a week on maintenance calories and you will lose 3-7 lbs of water. It does the opposite of bloating actually.

Back