Connor Mcgregor has been a brown belt bjj for 6 years.

Belts are only as good as whoever gave them to you.

There's no way he should be a brown belt already.

You really brought out all of Conor’s jock sniffing apologists with this one. The truth is that there’s no written timeline for the belt system. It’s gym and coach dependent

They were on the ground for like 12 mins. He didn’t do that the entire time. Justin was subbed like a first day white belt instantly lmao
Why don't you watch the dam fight again lol. If Conor didnt immediately start cheating after and during every takedown he wouldve been subbed. Conor's was just holding on for dear life and cheating at every turn.

Last edited:
Also, mma fighters routinely earn rank, even through legit instructors, through what they do inside the cage rather than in the practice mats.

Ive seen too many times belts get awarded after a mma fight, whether ground fighting was used or not.

For instance, when I did more mma training a while back I had a couple partners rank up through fights. Both club-n-sub wins, one got a purple from a Liborio black belt, and the other got his black belt from a different system.

I got my brown for instance for getting subs in some amateur fights. My brown belt was premature and streamlined cause of fights. Of course, after fighting was over and grappling for another decade, Ive yet to gain the level of black belt on a piece of paper.

As he since learned how to put a proper knot on it yet? Remember him taking a lot of heat for how tied it.

13138818_1091974200845712_7418329604529653948_n.jpg

Brown belt and don't know how to tight the belt, what a joke ||--->>>Faixa marrom e@não sabe amarrar a faixa, que fanfarrão

-Rafael Dos Anjos

Daniel: Miyagi. Hey, what kind of belt do you have?

Mr. Miyagi: Canvas. J.C. Penney. $3.98. You like?

I definitely saw a patch of that brown belt when Khabib took his back.

"[Belts] might be useful to hold your pants up, but that's about it."--Bruce Lee
"Me pants 'ardly stay up!"--Conor, fighting exposure allegations

There's levels to this shit.

I'm sure there's purple and even blue belts who roll and compete who would tap Conor out in straight Jits. It's no mystery some of these guys get their black belts well before they really should.

The scenario you named is the exception not the rule. It doesn't just to apply Conor either, there are prodigy purples that can tap higher belt levels.

But pro fighters have way better systematic training on a daily basis compared to most hobbyist. It's their job to put in a shit ton of mat time on a daily basis.

conor did better than poirier on the ground (outside of one guillotine attempt), better than a bunch of people khabib has faced and did 40 x better than gaethje.
McGregor was also permitted to commit at least 19 fouls; context matters.

McGregor was also permitted to commit at least 19 fouls; context matters.
gave up more resistance than poirier even when he wasn't fouling tbh.

while tired too, cause poirier has a much better tank than conor.

Back