Law Congress Is Trying to Make It a Federal Crime to Participate in Boycott of Israel

It's not just BDS saying everybody should boycott Israel...
Right, BDS has been a peaceful movement with wide support across Palestine and the world. They have asked for three simple things.

1) End the occupation - be serious here - International law is extremely clear here and the world, nearly unanimously, but for the US agrees.

2) Guarantee equal treatment for the Palestinian people. They are subjected to racist laws under an apartheid control system. Nelson Mandela's grandson, after a visit to the Holy Land:

“The settlements I saw here [in the West Bank] reminded me of what we had suffered in South Africa because we also were surrounded by many settlements and were not allowed to move from one place to another freely.

Palestinians are being subjected to the worst version of apartheid.”

He added: “Israel is the worst apartheid regime”

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/M...t-Israel-is-the-worst-apartheid-regime-515397

3) Right of return as specified and guaranteed by international law. This is the one that the zionists will not discuss and why they continue to make life as miserable as possible for those who wont leave their homes.

The largest refugee population on earth are the Palestinians, forced from their homes and many still holding keys to these homes.

Let that sink in as the left remains mute.

What does this have to do with anything?

BDS is calling for the boycott of certain U.S. companies. Congress has long forbidden U.S. companies from not doing business with Israel if a boycott called by certain entities is a motivating factor.

If you think BDS comes from such a wonderful place, write your congress person.

Meanwhile, right of return ain't ever going to happen, simply because it can't.

Right, BDS has been a peaceful movement with wide support across Palestine and the world. They have asked for three simple things.

1) End the occupation - be serious here - International law is extremely clear here and the world, nearly unanimously, but for the US agrees.

2) Guarantee equal treatment for the Palestinian people. They are subjected to racist laws under an apartheid control system. Nelson Mandela's grandson, after a visit to the Holy Land:

“The settlements I saw here [in the West Bank] reminded me of what we had suffered in South Africa because we also were surrounded by many settlements and were not allowed to move from one place to another freely.

Palestinians are being subjected to the worst version of apartheid.”

He added: “Israel is the worst apartheid regime”

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/M...t-Israel-is-the-worst-apartheid-regime-515397

3) Right of return as specified and guaranteed by international law. This is the one that the zionists will not discuss and why they continue to make life as miserable as possible for those who wont leave their homes.

The largest refugee population on earth are the Palestinians, forced from their homes and many still holding keys to these homes.

Let that sink in as the left remains mute.

Oh, but see you don't understand. This is about foreign governments directing boycotts.

Fear the Arab Boogeyman, not the knight in shining armor with a lobbying army in Washington DC.

Fear the bad Muslims like Iran, not the good Muslims like the Saudis. Pay no mind the foreign nation that owns our congress. That isn't the threat, it is the Iranians tricking Americans into boycotting.

Sorry this took so long. Got a call.

My answer would be absolutely none. A business has the absolute right to not do business with a country if it does not want to.

But let's back up a bit. The Arab League called for a boycott of Israel and would not do business with companies that did business with Israel or Israeli companies. The Ford and Carter Administrations and the respective Congresses understood this to be extortion. The Export Administration Act Amendments of 1977, made it illegal for a business to participate in a boycott called for by a foreign country if the boycott is a motivating factor for not doing business with Israel or an Israeli company. This has been found to be constitutional. So, were a company looking to do business with Israel, and then decides under a threat that it would be boycotted itself not to do business with Israel, it would be subject to tax penalties.

What the new proposed law would do is make it illegal for a business to participate in a boycott called for by a foreign company OR INTERNATIONAL TREATY ORGANIZATION (capitalized for emphasis) such as EU or UN if the boycott is a motivating factor.

Now, I don't know if BDS would qualify as an international treaty organization, but the BDS boycott is otherwise no different from the Arab League. It's not just BDS saying everybody should boycott Israel...BDS is also calling for the boycott of certain U.S. companies that do business with Israel or in the territories.
If BDS is the party extorting US companies to comply with not having commerce with Israel else impending boycott of goods/services from companies, why not go after ther BDS?

The proposed changes to the Export Administration Act may very well get BDS, but the potential for a boycott call by the EU and UN are much more concerning and don't technically fall under the EAA now.

What a planetist post. If you don't pledge allegiance to the galaxy FIRST you are a bigot. What do you have against your fellow Martians and Venusians??
#Intergalacticlifesmatter

tldw;
Traitorous American politicians are trying to make it a felony to boycott Israel
Ben Cardin is leading the charge by trying to pass it inside of the omnibus budget bill

Pick one, you can't pick both, which country to you pledge allegiance to: USA or Israel?

First Amendment, bitches. Thought it was America first, not Israel first.

Congress isn’t trying to stop free speech. It’s trying to stop extortion.
<YeahOKJen>

This is the right-wing Zionist equivalent of when the regressive left says "it's not free speech, it's hate speech."

<YeahOKJen>

This is the right-wing Zionist equivalent of when the regressive left says "it's not free speech, it's hate speech."

Right, so it’s perfectly OK with you for foreign countries or the EU or UN to dictate who US citizens can and can’t do business with?

Is the looney left now pledging allegiance to the United Nations or Qatar?

Right, so it’s perfectly OK with you for foreign countries or the EU or UN to dictate who US citizens can and can’t do business with?

Is the looney left now pledging allegiance to the United Nations or Qatar?
So foreign countries, the EU, and the UN were forcing us to boycott Israel and this proposed law is the only thing that's saving us from that? You're delusional. You have a right to free speech. You have a right to boycott or not boycott. This bill violates the 1st Amendment. When people like you claim to support free speech now we know you're full of it.

No, it doesn’t. The Supreme Court decided that a long time ago.

This law has been in place since 1977 and hasn’t seemed to get the looney left’s panties in a bunch. It’s the reason you’re not even aware of the issue until now.

Everybody has the right to boycott. Nobody has the right to extort us. That was a principle we set back in 1798.

No, it doesn’t. The Supreme Court decided that a long time ago.

This law has been in place since 1977 and hasn’t seemed to get the looney left’s panties in a bunch. It’s the reason you’re not even aware of the issue until now.

Everybody has the right to boycott. Nobody has the right to extort us. That was a principle we set back in 1798.
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that bullshit.

bibi-dees-640x492.jpeg

This is actually really a fascinating thing. It really began following the 1967 war. Israel was no longer seen as the underdog by the world after the Arabs were so soundly defeated in just six days. The Palestinians became the Left's darlings.

Yet Jews still vote solidly Democratic.
Jews and zionists are extreme opposites and as long as you keep conflating the two, none of this will make sense.

This spells it out nicely:

The Nation-State Law is a False Claim

knesset%20%282%29.png

Recently, the State of Israel enacted a law proclaiming itself the ‘nation-state’ of all Jews on planet earth, regardless of nationality.

Torah Jews believes this declaration to be wrong and unlawful.

Since the Jewish people are a religious entity– not a race or nationality – such a claim is completely bogus.

By irrevocably linking Jews everywhere with Israel and any Israeli military action, they, too, must unfairly shoulder international reaction – becoming the unwitting target of increased anti-Semitism worldwide.

Torah Jews are proud and loyal citizens of our own nation-states, completely unaffiliated with the state of Israel. We believe this law promotes Israeli interests while being diametrically opposed to true Jewish interests, and so are compelled to voice our sincere and profound opposition.

https://www.truetorahjews.org/nation-state-law-false-claim

Stop with the Satmar Rebbe stuff. You're not a Satmar. You're a schmuck on an MMA site, just like me.

As for the Satmars, these are the guys who basically destroyed Hungarian Jewry under the mistaken belief that prayer would save them.

By the way, the 5 Dancing Israelis? That's one short step away from thermite, contrails and Flat Earth.

We give military aid to israel because they turn around and buy our weapons with it. It's an extremely dirty business but it sure as hell isn't some global conspiracy. It's just capitalism

Stop with the Satmar Rebbe stuff. You're not a Satmar. You're a schmuck on an MMA site, just like me.

As for the Satmars, these are the guys who basically destroyed Hungarian Jewry under the mistaken belief that prayer would save them.

By the way, the 5 Dancing Israelis? That's one short step away from thermite, contrails and Flat Earth.
I don't have to be, like that is relevant to understand the traditional Jewish viewpoint, btw, my dad's from Williamsburg.

And you are the one who brought up the dancing Israelis on 9/11; I simply posted the video of the interview.

EDIT: LMAO, you did it on the thread you had locked because of the beating you were receiving.

I don't have to be, like that is relevant to understand the traditional Jewish viewpoint, btw, my dad's from Williamsburg.

And you are the one who brought up the dancing Israelis on 9/11; I simply posted the video of the interview.

EDIT: LMAO, you did it on the thread you had locked because of the beating you were receiving.

The fuck you talking about? I'm not a mod and didn't lock a thread. Certainly wasn't receiving a beating from you or the basement dwellers claiming that Fort Knox was owned by Jews or Talmud tells us to enslave gentiles.

I brought up the dancing Palestinians. The ones in Palestine.

As for Williamsburg, so did mine. I can't speak for the age of your father, but when my father grew up it wasn't overrun with Haredi. What high school did your father go to?

Back