Media Confirmed: Paulo Costa is trolling all you fools, and it's working

Im suprised everyone is taking this so serious his Twitter has always been 90% memes. The worst thing about this strong reaction is that it's bad trolling that should be ignored. Can't believe it's working lmao

giphy.gif

lol Yeah, ok.

What's the purpose of this trolling? Do you think it will land him another shot at the title?

Pretty much everyone agrees from the fans to his peers that he's making himself look like a joke. What angle is he working?

This reminds me of my friends talking about Pro-wrestling and how this angle was a work, but they couldn't tell us what the work was or how it was going to get that wrestler to his desired goal lol

He needs to stay quiet until he fights, and wins again.

His performance vs Izzy was moronic and pathetic.

Well he probably is going to lose vs Whittaker, dude has 1 top 10 win vs Romero which was controversial, his strength of schedule is complete trash (I'll laugh at anyone who tries to say Hall is legitimate as a top 10 guy). He should not be getting tossed to the most elite guy in the division after his first loss which it looks like he mentally broke under the pressure.

Sea Level Cain
Chuck with that look in his eyes
Tip toe BJ
Dark Place GSP
Pre diverticulitis Brock
Healthy knees Shogun
Married Randy
Horse Meat Overeem
Sober Costa

Isn't it Motivated BJ Penn? Tip Toe BJ lost

And I believe Healthy Knees Shogun and Horse meat Reem. Those aren't myths.

lol Yeah, ok.

What's the purpose of this trolling? Do you think it will land him another shot at the title?

Pretty much everyone agrees from the fans to his peers that he's making himself look like a joke. What angle is he working?

This reminds me of my friends talking about Pro-wrestling and how this angle was a work, but they couldn't tell us what the work was or how it was going to get that wrestler to his desired goal lol

Hmm
tenor.gif

He's dumb. We can agree on that.

He does have an angle though. It's to get people to talk about him. Attention. Think about it: before this whole wine thing, no one was talking about him for like 5 months. All of a sudden he's in the headlines again. Will it land him another titleshot? Not if he loses to Whittaker obviously.

Last edited:
Whittaker is going to pour Hennessy on that drunk ass at the end of that fight.

Trolling/attention whoring is the worst when you have lost in humiliating fashion.

Hoe'Malley and Bohachinya must be friends.

Hmm
tenor.gif

He's dumb. We can agree on that.

He does have an angle though. It's to get people to talk about him. Attention. Think about it: before this whole wine thing, no one was talking about him for like 5 months. All of a sudden he's in the headlines again. Will it land him another titleshot? Not if he loses to Whittaker obviously.
There is a type of heat when people don't care to see you fight again. Xpac Heat - where people don't care about the character. They're not booing you because of the character, they're booing you to completely get off the screen.

If he loses against Rob, What's his angle? The guy would have to go on a massive winning streak than bring it up when he calls out izzy.

We all know Costa is a Conor McGregor Fanboy and he saw Conor delude himself on why he lost the Khabib fight. He's attempting to do the same without making him realize, it's making him look more stupid. Everyone's laughing at the dude where as when mcgregor said it, he had his fans believe it and the casuals because Mcgregor is very persuasive and carries that aura. Not to mention, he corrected a wrong in a loss to a win which lends him even more credibility that conor could do it again.

He's emotional right now. It's kinda like someone who breaks up with their girlfriend then the girlfriend says, you know what It was a work. I actually didn't want to be with you anyway.

Yeah, if that sounds rdiciulous, This sounds ridiculous.

He either went in with the troll attempt which is stupid or after the response he got, how every laughed at him, he tried to rescue his image, which is also stupid. No matter how you slice this, he's stupid.

Drinking wine before the biggest fight of your career, stupid.

Sea Level Cain
Tip toe BJ
Dark Place GSP
Pre diverticulitis Brock
Healthy knees Shogun
Married Randy
Horse Meat Overeem
Sober Costa

It’s clear this is an attempt to jump on the wagon of meme titles. It’s better be talked about meme or not than people not caring. His friend CCC did the exact same thing, Mike Perry also got a jump start because of all of the platinum GOAT meme bs.

“sign the contract”. maybe he was still drunk when he posted that video too

There have been about 6 threads on Costa drinking red wine, including DC's opinion on it, and Izzy's opinion on it... Can't believe how much people give a shit.
<KhabibBS>

Respectfully, he doesn't. He hasn't done anything. Winning is the ultimate chess piece.

If he loses he looks even more of a joke. If he wins he can talk his shit.

Cm punk was in the headlines after his losses. Where is he now? Not comparing costa to cm punk but not all attention is going to lead into a positive direction.

I'm not saying he can't get a rematch against Izzy if he continues to win. I'm just saying all these excuses don't do anything positive for him and doesn't move him closer to his goal.

He's stripping down his credibility to the fanbase imo. Not a good look.

Why would I pay to see a rematch if a guy who drink wine the night before his fights? How do the oddsmaker feel about that

Paulo is such a fun fighter to watch so I really really hope he can just accept the defeat and make the needed adjustments.

At this point, it seems very obvious that his ego is super bruised and he needs something to latch on to, make the loss easier to stomach. That said, he's doing himself a huge disservice by going this route. Learn from the greats who have lost and come back stronger.

It is what it is. Fighters talking about this sort of stuff just doesn't bother me.

In fact, I think they should be open to talking about it. I personally just see it as them being human.

I don't know what he said specifically though but if he's just saying he had a hard time sleeping and got wasted before the fight, that's not gonna bother me that he mentioned it. I don't see it taking anything away from Izzy.

You can't win as a fighter. If you don't say anything about a loss, you're butthurt and ashamed to admit defeat.

If you say anything about how you thought the fight could have gone better for you, or about why you might have lost, you are a coward and you're making excuses for yourself.

All a fighter can really do after a loss without being accused of treachery is to say something meaningless like "he was the better man tonight."

I agree with you, we don't need more meaningless statements from athletes - I'd love to know why they thought the lost, how they feel about it, etc.

Remember when GSP lost to Serra, everyone was jumping down his throat and accusing him of being too high on himself and taking Serra lightly. GSP avoided comment about the fight for I think about 2 or more years - meanwhile, posters on Sherdog were accusing him of being too elite and tight-lipped for the fans. He owed us an explanation! He took him too lightly and now he's too coward to admit it!

GSP eventually comes out and admits he didn't take Serra seriously and Sherdog explodes again, GSP making excuses! What a sore loser!

Ya can't win!

Sea Level Cain
Tip toe BJ
Dark Place GSP
Pre diverticulitis Brock
Healthy knees Shogun
Married Randy
Horse Meat Overeem
Sober Costa

And Black History Month Black Beast

Forum statistics