Media Confirmed: Paulo Costa is trolling all you fools, and it's working

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Im suprised everyone is taking this so serious his Twitter has always been 90% memes. The worst thing about this strong reaction is that it's bad trolling that should be ignored. Can't believe it's working lmao

giphy.gif

He needs to stay quiet until he fights, and wins again.

His performance vs Izzy was moronic and pathetic.

He's trying to save face in any way he can and it's working on all you fools

Man just wants attention so atleast he's not serious. Then you see people here and on twitter/fb that takes it too seriously and letting it go over their head. Honestly it doesn't surprise me anymore that people fall for everything nowadays.

Having jokes is only cool if you're winning eh? If you lose, you must disappear, or be introspective and fake humble to please us until you win enough again.

Can't believe OP is dumb enough to believe this nonsense.

Costa wasn't trolling, and has been making retarded excuses ever since he got his ass kicked and then raped on a live PPV. Now he's trying to save face after realizing what a dumbass he looks like after this last excuse.

Can't believe OP is dumb enough to believe this nonsense.

Costa wasn't trolling, and has been making retarded excuses ever since he got his ass kicked and then raped on a live PPV. Now he's trying to save face after realizing what a dumbass he looks like after this last excuse.
You are eating it right up.

I really don't have any feelings about his "wine excuse". I'm not mad at him or anything for saying it.

If the guy couldn't sleep and got drunk, it's going to affect his performance. Does that mean he was going to win otherwise? No, and it doesn't take anything away from Izzy.

<Fedor23>

I've actually avoided all related threads until now but it is what it is.

I really don't have any feelings about his "wine excuse". I'm not mad at him or anything for saying it.

If the guy couldn't sleep and got drunk, it's going to affect his performance. Does that mean he was going to win otherwise? No, and it doesn't take anything away from Izzy.

<Fedor23>

I've actually avoided all related threads until now but it is what it is.
Izzy said he got no sleep as well, they had egyptian nascar going on outside all ngiht

Dude is a goof and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes irrelevant sooner rather than later

Izzy said he got no sleep as well, they had egyptian nascar going on outside all ngiht

It is what it is. Fighters talking about this sort of stuff just doesn't bother me.

In fact, I think they should be open to talking about it. I personally just see it as them being human.

I don't know what he said specifically though but if he's just saying he had a hard time sleeping and got wasted before the fight, that's not gonna bother me that he mentioned it. I don't see it taking anything away from Izzy.

No shame in losing, just don’t post weird videos after and claim you’re gonna whoop dude in a rematch.

It’s one of the worst excuses ever. I doubt he actually drank wine especially considering he has a fight coming up. If he is not lying then he deserves to lose for intoxicating himself prior to the fight. The guy might be an idiot I mean cmon he was fighting during morning ffs.

Costa is a pretty funny guy imo. I think he was just being honest talking about his drinking even though it is an excuse.

Preparation is key to the performance so he bears full responsibility no matter what.

Will Sober Costa be undefeated after April 17?

I wonder what Stoned Costa is like?

Fans: "I cant wait to hear what this fighter says. I love getting an insight into what fighter's actually think and what goes on behind the scenes."
John Morgan: "So can you tell us why you think you lost this fight?"
Fighter: "I had tough weight cut, a broken arm and the flu"
Also fans: "Shut up! Stop making excuses! Just fight for us and STFU."

Maybe we should just ban the media or make fighters repeat generic responses that dont trigger us? I, for one, am fascinated in all the things that go on behind the scene, especially the mental game. Two fighters can fight 10 times and split them down the middle, and why that is is often small stuff when fighters are closely matched - it can even be small stuff when one gets dominated, like nerves and just feeling off. When you are obsessed with your craft, you can not afford to think: "Welp, he was just flat out better than me and I will never win". You always look to explain why that was and rectify it. And even when it is not the the actual truth, fighters need to be ridiculously delusional and egotistical to get in there.....so naturally if they are being honest, much of those 'excuses' will sound petty to us. There are probably 100 guys in the UFC that legit think they could beat Stipe if you hooked them up to lie detector tests. Could they? Of course not. But they still need that delusion to get great at something.

If Costa admitted he showed up at his best and there was no excuse, Izzy is just superior, that he will never be a champion, then he would be mentally broken and stop improving. The ego needs to protect itself in some way or another, and we are all guilty of it.

Back