Condit vs Hendricks, who takes it?

youngsteinel's a big fan of Johny but he doesn't usually let that affect his analyses. Of course he's gonna say something nice about Hendricks because that's his favorite fighter but if he thought Condit would beat Johny, he'd say it.

Edit: See what I mean? steinel's a good dude

My man

Condit wins 7/10 IMO.

Agreed. While Condit can be taken down, that doesn't mean he isn't capable on the ground, I think he'd surprise Hendricks with his pace and activity, tire him out and hurt him in the final frame to win a UD.

Hendricks could also win via KO punch or if his top control is as good as GSP's. a 5 rounder favours Condit more.

i think Condit would be able to keep away from Hendricks knockout power. he just seems quicker

I don't see Hendrix knocking him out or using his wrestling effectively. I think Condit would utilize his range and pick him apart. Condit by decision or TKO in the third.

Love me some Carlos but Hendricks is a bad match up for him.

Condit tends to get tagged a bit and as we know, Hendricks has him some power.

Although If Carlos gets out of the first, I reckon he would put a beating on Johnny.

Condit has questionable TDD IMO. I think Johny could win a UD with some TDs. If he kept it standing, Johny could get picked apart and lose by UD or TKO. Let's not forget that Johny could also score a KO as well (less likely IMO). Anyone picking Condit 99/100 is crazy (and vice versa)

Lots of scenarios. Would be a good fight.

Good try, bud (youngstEInel). My objective opinion is above, but hey, if you want to say it is a subjective opinion, go right ahead. Glad you look forward to my analysis.

im guessing JH by split dec....but i prolly wont watch it but for sure will comment about it later as tho i have :)

I just don't really know a lot about certain aspects of Johny's game right now. I don't think he'd put Carlos out with the big left though. Condit's a tough out and is getting better and better at rolling with strikes/countering. I don't think Hendricks usually wins that battle.

Johny would need to reveal that his top control and submission defense are top-level to win this. His wrestling is really good but Condit would be above his best opponent in terms of game off his back. In a 5 rounder, he'd also need the cardio. I've heard he's done well in some mixed grappling bouts so all of that isn't completely out of the question. His 25 minute cardio is really the biggest thing I'm doubtful about.

I'd love to see the fight.

Condit could finish him, Hendricks could UD.

I think Condit takes it, but in a 5 round fight (assuming it was headlining an FX or Fuel card)...well, anything can happen. Hendricks only needs one shot. But Condit is smart, he's a big challenge for anyone (even GSP). GSP beat condit with wrestling, but I don't know if Hendricks' MMA wrestling is good enough to do the same. And with his recent success with his left hand, he may not even try his wrestling. I think Condit's reach keeps him mostly out of harm's way. Maybe a head kick puts Hendricks away. Tough fight to call, but I gotta pick Condit.

...but I really need to stop picking against Hendricks, because it hasn't worked out for me yet.

Back