Complete and utter noob. Please read before you lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*runs forum search*

oh yeah, i did ur improvised armor thing for halloween with energy drink cans.

lebowski2.jpg

larry.jpg

Typically the rest period between sets will be dependant on the goal of the training.

If you are interested in fat loss then shorter rest times of less than 2 minutes would be used because the goal of a fat loss protocal would be to increase heart rate and keep it up.

For strength training where you perform heavy sets, you would use longer rest periods, usually 3-5 minutes, to ensure that you can lift the most possible weight from set to set.

The 5x5 link recommends 5 minutes for beginners. I would recommend starting with that and then determining what works best for you.

I started with that and shortened up rest periods on lower weight sets, but I actually go for AT LEAST 5 minutes between sets of heavy deadlifts.

Hey RJ -- Getting back to your questions, here are some isolation and machine exercises that are worth considering --

Neck work -- if you've got access to a Hammer Strength type neck machine, that's good. Otherwise, neck raises with a plate, weighted bridges or a neck harness. If you start doing weighted neck stuff, you might want to consider cutting back on the daily BW neck bridges you've been doing

Shoulder rotator cuff work -- internal and external rotations on a cable machine,

do 5x5, im a noob and ive added alot already and its only been 2 weeks.

Wow i was a wussy overanalytical douchebag back when i made this thread.

and i never made the football team....LOL. And i was 25% BF? jeez how times change.

TTC(time to close)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back