Comedian's who aren't funny

they paved the way for modern comedy, so go ahead and praise them. but that doesn't mean everyone owes it to them to pretend they're their favorite comedians.

Everything Chappelle has done is clearly more hilarious than Raw.

woah woah woah, i love Chappelle, he's probably my favorite of all time, but Raw is my favorite special.

Raw is just another tier, and i think Murphy is inferior.

they paved the way for modern comedy, so go ahead and praise them. but that doesn't mean everyone owes it to them to pretend they're their favorite comedians.

Everything Chappelle has done is clearly more hilarious than Raw.

Well I can't agree with that. I think they are pretty equal.

woah woah woah, i love Chappelle, he's probably my favorite of all time, but Raw is my favorite special.

Raw is just another tier, and i think Murphy is inferior.

disagree, but it's not the point.

i'm just commenting on these go to comedians/specials that everyone drowns these threads in.

"Dane Cook sucks so bad"

"I like Richard Pryor and Citizen Kane best. Also, classical music is my favorite, as well as Dostoevsky and everything else that makes me impervious to criticism".

It could be, but i don't think it's a coincidence.

the sick thing is, it's gotten so bad that it's affected my opinions. i'm the same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum. Suddenly i like Mariah Carey and fucking Dane Cook.

disagree, but it's not the point.

i'm just commenting on these go to comedians/specials that everyone drowns these threads in.

"Dane Cook sucks so bad"

"I like Richard Pryor and Citizen Kane best. Also, classical music is my favorite, as well as Dostoevsky and everything else that makes me impervious to criticism".

It could be, but i don't think it's a coincidence.

Your posts hit the nail on the head for sure. I sometimes wonder if I'm just easier to please then most because of the Mayberry. In fact, I think he only thing in media I've clearly hated on were the Xmen movies...fucking Bryan Singer

Your posts hit the nail on the head for sure. I sometimes wonder if I'm just easier to please then most because of the Mayberry. In fact, I think he only thing in media I've clearly hated on were the Xmen movies...fucking Bryan Singer

my nose used to stick up quite a bit further before i got to know mayberry, so i'm thankful.

i must have watched one too many ingmar bergman movies, and eventually i just fucking lost it.

that said, it is clearly more okay to like richard pryor's comedy than bergman's movies. those are dramatically different levels of snobbery.

Motherfucker

dane cook is fine. if you think he is a bad comedian, you haven't seen a bad comedian. I'm sure most of you only like 6 comedians at a time. And I'm sure you're top 5 is Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and two other guys that clear you from having to have an identity.

Pretty much.

I think this thread is in response to the Man Show thread from yesterday. I asked who his favorite comedians were and it was basically just whoever had the biggest names. I think TS is just the kind of guy who likes to pass judgment and tries to act knowledgeable about everything. Even when he is totally ignorant.

Dane Cook was my favorite comedian when I first got in to comedy. Looking back, I still think he was funny. He's no where close to being one of my favorites but he's funny. And Daniel Tosh might not be funny on his TV show, but his standup is awesome. Same exact thing with Joe Rogan, he never makes me laugh unless he's on stage with a mic in his hand.

And I have to disagree with you Daspy. Everyone can speak, therefore everyone can attempt comedy. There are a lot of comedians I see that I'm just embarrassed for. It's a lot easier to spot a bad musician than a comedian. But almost all famous comedians are funny. With a couple exceptions in my opinion.

not a dane cook fan but if he is so unfunny why does he sell out arenas? serious question..

Young women.

ahh. makes sense. anyway I dont find dane cook horrible. he is annoying at times but has made me laugh a few times. still wouldnt call myself a fan. cant sstand Kat williams

Wait... so you like Artie Lange and Adam Carolla?

Comedy is the most subjective medium of entertainment out there.

Diff'rent strokes, dawg.

ahh. makes sense. anyway I dont find dane cook horrible. he is annoying at times but has made me laugh a few times. still wouldnt call myself a fan. cant sstand Kat williams

I thought he was pretty damn good when he did Retaliation, forever ago. That was his peak. After that he got lazy and nothing he's done in 5 years has made me giggle. The joke thievery, meh, they pretty much all do it. But yeah he's handsome and charismatic, and the first social networking comic, and hit it at just the right time. The funny thing is he got famous after his material went to shit.

I thought he was pretty damn good when he did Retaliation, forever ago. That was his peak. After that he got lazy and nothing he's done in 5 years has made me giggle. The joke thievery, meh, they pretty much all do it.

I agree. I loved his 1st comedy central special and Harmful if Swallowed and Retaliation were very good.

I think one of the reasons people hate him is because he got big quick and started to suck as soon as he got big. And his shtick gets tiresome.

Wait... so you like Artie Lange and Adam Carolla?

Comedy is the most subjective medium of entertainment out there.

Diff'rent strokes, dawg.
Absolutely. I don't think people realize it because the difference in styles and genres are very subtle. In fact almost every comedian, good comedian I should say, has a unique style.
I thought he was pretty damn good when he did Retaliation, forever ago. That was his peak. After that he got lazy and nothing he's done in 5 years has made me giggle. The joke thievery, meh, they pretty much all do it. But yeah he's handsome and charismatic, and the first social networking comic, and hit it at just the right time. The funny thing is he got famous after his material went to shit.

What was up with that thievery thing anyways? I LOVE Louis C.K. Your av always brings me some happiness. I saw them talk about it on his show and I was dying to know the story behind it.

Joe Rogan.
His idea of comedy is him screaming and cursing for 1 hour.
Rogan is like a more intense, less funny and intelligent version of Bill Hicks.

Also, Dane Cook. He just plain sucks.

I agree. I loved his 1st comedy central special and Harmful if Swallowed and Retaliation were very good.

I think one of the reasons people hate him is because he got big quick and started to suck as soon as he got big. And his shtick gets tiresome.

Yeah I think that's where the hate comes from. He was all set to be one of the all-time greats, and instead of working on his craft and hitting his potential, he signed up for movies and phoned it in to screaming college girl at Madison Square Garden. He sold out all the way. Not that I blame him really- he said early on that he wanted to do movies, not comedy.

honestly, I didn't think much of Greg Giraldo's stuff was great other than his roast appearances and when he was on Tough Crowd. His standup was just never breathtaking. He's the one who got funnier when he died.

Also, I might get flamed for this, but Bill Hicks seems like an angry guy who hates society. Some laughs, but the majority of his jokes seem to sour (angry outraged humor isn't soo funny to me) to make me laugh.

Also, I hate listening to Lewis Black. His segments on The Daily Show are way funnier than his standup (Maybe cause they're only 2 minutes long).

What was up with that thievery thing anyways? I LOVE Louis C.K. Your av always brings me some happiness. I saw them talk about it on his show and I was dying to know the story behind it.

For his album "Retaliation", he ripped off 2 of Louis CK's jokes. One about seeing a guy get hit by a car, but not having enough time to warn the guy, and one about naming his kids. He tried to be subtle about it, but Louis CK's small number of fans (weren't many of us back then) were rabid and knew his material back to front, and knew a ripoff when we heard one.

I don't think Louis likes to talk about thievery, he just goes about his business. Good on him. I am fully stoked he got famous and put out one smash hit special after another. I saw him 15 years ago and I knew he was gonna destroy the world one day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back