Comedian's who aren't funny

Nah, i was never big on Dice, i have no opinion on him, really.

Dane cook of course....
Carlos "Ned" Mencia
Anybody on the blue collar comedy shit......

Dane cook of course....
Carlos "Ned" Mencia
Anybody on the blue collar comedy shit......I do like Rob white a bit though.
Jeff Dunham

I've never really understood why peole think they are funny.

You've seen me write the words "They can't play music"?
Quote it.

You've said they suck which is basically the same thing. Meaning they aren't good at what they do. Even though they made millions doing it.

Somebody is not funny just because a lot of people think they are.

A Big Mac is probably the best selling food in the world. Does that mean it is great or exceptional? Not really. Could just mean it is most convenient, accessible, or a variety of other factors.

I think Comedy is broader than the name suggests. It's about entertainment. I never thought Sam Kinison had any real gut-buster jokes, but the guy was just amusing to watch. I think Rogan and others have a similar quality. Bill Hicks, anyone? Did that guy ever have you wheezing and slapping your thighs? Not me. But I found him extremely amusing.

And yes, there are people who are neither classically funny or amusing.

What a stupid response.
Saying a professional comedian who makes millions making millions laugh "isnt funny" is akin to saying a professional fighter who fights other professional fighters "Cant fight", which no one with half a brain has said.

Terrible thread

While I am an engineer instead of a professional comedian or athlete, it doesn't mean I can't express my opinion that someone is terrible in their profession relative to other professionals! It can be dumb to say "<professional comedian>" isn't as funny as joe schmo. But when people say Zach Gal-whatever his name is isn't funny, it's implied RELATIVE to other professional comics!

You're an idiot and this is all I have to say to you.

By the way, how many people in this thread can name professional comedians who are not funny that make millions of dollars? That make that money not so much from comedic talent, but from other factors like hard work + luck, sex appeal, etc.? I think Carlos Mencia is someone who falls into the first category and had to steal jokes, and Dane Cook according to many people, fall into the next category.

I found the joke to be funnier when he did it as Dane haha. I guess the way Dane gets into his jokes is what makes him funny to me, you can see the emotion opposed to someone just standing there telling jokes into a mic.

I figure Tosh must be hated as well? He got popular really quickly as far as I remember, his gimmick isn't what I would believe would be annoying to people though so idk.

Yeah, the joke it'self is weak. But the twist at the end of the impression is hilarious. I do like Jesselnik, he did an album called Shakespear which is available free on Spotify and it's hilarious.

Heck, I think Foxworthy is the only weak one...and I'm a city boy

I dont know maybe its because the type of peopleI work around eat that shit up, I just never have thought it was as funny as others around me did I guess.

Im more I a Mitch Hedberg type of guy.......George Carlin, Eddie Murphy Raw, etc

You've said they suck which is basically the same thing. Meaning they aren't good at what they do. Even though they made millions doing it.

Somebody is not funny just because a lot of people think they are.

A Big Mac is probably the best selling food in the world. Does that mean it is great or exceptional? Not really. Could just mean it is most convenient, accessible, or a variety of other factors.

A big mac is the best selling food because it's cheap, filling and readily available; there is no one out there other than that one weirdo who eats them 3 times a day arguing that they are the best food because they're popular.

The same way i havent argued that any comedian mentioned is the best because they are popular. I've stated their success is in a specific field.

And it's not "Basically the same thing", except when you nitpick to whatever point suits your argument.
Me saying mumford and sons suck means i think they play shitty music. It's not the same as saying they are incapable of playing music.
Saying someone who attempts to be funny is not funny is not the same; you can be a tremendously talented musician who makes the worst song ever.

Popularity was never my argument, success in specific field, comparing people "Sucking at fighting" and people who "Aren't funny" while making bad music doesnt mean you're a shitty guitarist.
Dave Navarro

I actually think he is one of the best when it comes to dealing with hecklers. I'm just not a big fan of his sets. I like his work with the UFC.

I agree with this. I saw that video where he verbally goes at it Mencia and destroys him. Honestly, if I needed somebody on my back in an argument there are few people I would want more than Joe Rogan.

That said his routines aren't really funny. I love the dudes podcasts and agree totally with a lot of the points he makes in standup (most of us are so stupid if all the technology went away we'd be fucked for example) but he wasn't laugh out loud funny

I dont know maybe its because the type of peopleI work around eat that shit up, I just never have thought it was as funny as others around me did I guess.

Im more I a Mitch Hedberg type of guy.......George Carlin, Eddie Murphy Raw, etc

You ever check out Steven Wright?

Dane Cook (i'll admit he can be funny sometimes, but usually just gets annoying)
Lisa Lamponelli (always the same jokes about her sucking black guys dicks, we get it, enough is enough)
Jeff Dunham (i think that's his name, the guy with the puppets)
Mitch Fatel (that annoying whiny baby voice gets really old, he tries way too hard. I just can't stand him)

While I am an engineer instead of a professional comedian or athlete, it doesn't mean I can't express my opinion that someone is terrible in their profession relative to other professionals! It can be dumb to say "<professional comedian>" isn't as funny as joe schmo. But when people say Zach Gal-whatever his name is isn't funny, it's implied RELATIVE to other professional comics!

You're an idiot and this is all I have to say to you.

By the way, how many people in this thread can name professional comedians who are not funny that make millions of dollars? That make that money not so much from comedic talent, but from other factors like hard work + luck, sex appeal, etc.? I think Carlos Mencia is someone who falls into the first category and had to steal jokes, and Dane Cook according to many people, fall into the next category.

Obviously there is a massive group of people who think they are funny.

I dont agree with them, i dont find it funny, but someone does.
"Funny" isnt boiled down to one opinion when a wholly subjective performance piece.

And Zach Galifianakis' standup is stellar.

A big mac is the best selling food because it's cheap, filling and readily available; there is no one out there other than that one weirdo who eats them 3 times a day arguing that they are the best food because they're popular.

The same way i havent argued that any comedian mentioned is the best because they are popular. I've stated their success is in a specific field.

And it's not "Basically the same thing", except when you nitpick to whatever point suits your argument.
Me saying mumford and sons suck means i think they play shitty music. It's not the same as saying they are incapable of playing music.
Saying someone who attempts to be funny is not funny is not the same; you can be a tremendously talented musician who makes the worst song ever.

Popularity was never my argument, success in specific field, comparing people "Sucking at fighting" and people who "Aren't funny" while making bad music doesnt mean you're a shitty guitarist.
Dave Navarro

Are you mugging off Jane's Addiction? :eek: Don't make me challenge you to fisticuffs you filthy scoundrel.

Back