Comedian's who aren't funny

honestly, I didn't think much of Greg Giraldo's stuff was great other than his roast appearances and when he was on Tough Crowd. His standup was just never breathtaking. He's the one who got funnier when he died.

Also, I might get flamed for this, but Bill Hicks seems like an angry guy who hates society. Some laughs, but the majority of his jokes seem to sour (angry outraged humor isn't soo funny to me) to make me laugh.

Also, I hate listening to Lewis Black. His segments on The Daily Show are way funnier than his standup (Maybe cause they're only 2 minutes long).

Tough Crowd was such a great show.

that is where I got introduced to Patrice O'Neal RIP

For his album "Retaliation", he ripped off 2 of Louis CK's jokes. One about seeing a guy get hit by a car, but not having enough time to warn the guy, and one about naming his kids. He tried to be subtle about it, but Louis CK's small number of fans (weren't many of us back then) were rabid and knew his material back to front, and knew a ripoff when we heard one.

I don't think Louis like to talk about thievery, he just goes about his business. Good on him. I am fully stoked he got famous and put out one smash hit special after another. I saw him 15 years ago and I knew he was gonna destroy the world one day.

Wow, that was my favorite Cook bit too. I ripped it off myself in middle school with a lot of success. I can't believe it was Louis'. Lmao that is too nuts. That bit was sort of what got me in to stand up, and it turns out to be a bit by the guy who would become my favorite artist. I actually bought Louis' Beacon special just to support him. I had to have an email sent to me to recover my password on his website and it was hilarious. He called me a dumbass. It felt good.

I seriously wish I could meet him. I have so much respect for him.

Tough Crowd was such a great show.

that is where I got introduced to Patrice O'Neal RIP

Yeah it was. Colin Quinn has some horrible delivery, but he sure did always do a good job at finding a hilarious cast.

OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I love his standup and I loved lucky Louis. Not a big fan of his current show.

I watched one of his shows and I literrally didn't laugh once.
40 minutes of him laughing at his own jokes. They weren't well thought out at all.

I don't think Louis like to talk about thievery, he just goes about his business. Good on him. I am fully stoked he got famous and put out one smash hit special after another. I saw him 15 years ago and I knew he was gonna destroy the world one day.
CK withheld too much comment on the situation because he wanted Cook to dangle over the fire for a while. I think he does think Cook stole from him, if inadvertently.

He was able to get Cook on his show to kind of have a fictionalize discussion about it that I want to believe veered more or less close to the truth: which does account for Cook's side as well.

Wow, that was my favorite Cook bit too. I ripped it off myself in middle school with a lot of success. I can't believe it was Louis'. Lmao that is too nuts. That bit was sort of what got me in to stand up, and it turns out to be a bit by the guy who would become my favorite. I actually bought Louis' Beacon special just to support him. I had to have an email sent to me to recover my password on his website and it was hilarious. He called me a dumbass. It felt good.

lol that's great.

It's funny how some of the best stuff that comics do are ripoffs. Robin Williams, George Carlin, Bill Hicks- three guys who I hold way above most others- all guilty of it. So I can't be too hard on Dane Cook. He delivered it well I suppose, just not as good as Louis.

no fucking shit. He slipped under my radar until a year before he died. Goddamn was that man funny.

Patrice is top 5 all time for me. The dude was a smart motherfucker too. The way he broke down racial topics was hilarious.

CK withheld too much comment on the situation because he wanted Cook to dangle over the fire for a while. I think he does think Cook stole from him, if inadvertently.

He was able to get Cook on his show to kind of have a fictionalize discussion about it that I want to believe veered more or less close to the truth: which does account for Cook's side as well.

He absolutely knows Cook stole from him, and Cook has been stealing from him for more than a decade. I've heard him discuss it on radio, it's been happening basically since day 1 that Dane showed up on stage. Leary completely jacked Louis too.

They all take it easy on Dane, imo, because Dane's success made them all a lot of money.

Patrice is top 5 all time for me. The dude was a smart motherfucker too. The way he broke down racial topics was hilarious.

Race and relationships, the dude had funny ass insights I had never heard or thought of before.

All this talk about Dane Cook, reminds me of something either Rodney Dean or Scott Holmes said once in MMA Sunday School (God, I miss that show)

'Ryan Reynolds is what Dane Cook wishes he could be'

I assume they meant this strictly regarding their movies careers. They are internet generation's Nick Nolte/Gary Busey

I think the Ryan Reynolds comparison is because they look alike. Coincidentally, still like Nick Nolte/Gary Busey. And Jeffs Bridges/Daniels.

RE PATRICE: "High level White woman" is seriously a stroke of genius.

All this talk about Dane Cook, reminds me of something either Rodney Dean or Scott Holmes said once in MMA Sunday School (God, I miss that show)

'Ryan Reynolds is what Dane Cook wishes he could be'

I assume they meant this strictly regarding their movies careers. They are internet generation's Nick Nolte/Gary Busey

You mean they aren't the same guy?

Yeah I think that's where the hate comes from.

yeah, thats a big reason why, and not such a horrible one. i don't think it's a big deal personally because the material he bit was like .3% of his set.

i guess it blurs exactly what else he stole, but assuming that was it, i think he wrote some great material. that was really his strength. he doesn't seem to be innately funny when he's just shooting the shit, but he was able to craft sets and deliver them on stage better than most. you don't get big if you flat out suck, unless you have a gimmick.

yeah, thats a big reason why, and not such a horrible one. i don't think it's a big deal personally because the material he bit was like .3% of his set.

i guess it blurs exactly what else he stole, but assuming that was it, i think he wrote some great material. that was really his strength. he doesn't seem to be innately funny when he's just shooting the shit, but he was able to craft sets and deliver them on stage better than most. you don't get big if you flat out suck, unless you have a gimmick.

I completely disagree that material was ever his strength, in any way other than he was good at choosing which things to jack. He is just very charismatic and funny when he's on stage.

Back