Social Colt to suspend AR-15 production.. For civilian use.

Their own statement says the reason is market saturation. Also not the first time they've concentrated production away from the civilian market. They'll be back.

Didn't they go bankrupt last time?
I'm sure the AR-15 market being over saturated isn't news to you though.

Colt doesn't make "shit," they still use the TDP for their civilian guns and check all the boxes on the chart. They just rested on their laurels forever and didn't follow other innovations (like mid length gas system) and now they're kinda fucked.
And the fudds don't care anymore because you can get a complete PSA AR for like $350 now and that's good enough for most people who just go to the range a few times a year.

$350? CA compliant?

Didn't they go bankrupt last time?
I'm sure the AR-15 market being over saturated isn't news to you though.

Could be. I forget. They've been poorly run for some time. Relying on government contracts for decades-old designs and eschewing innovation.

Not news at all. We're in the salad days of AR15 buying. Quality options have never been so numerous and affordable. Everybody has tried to get their piece of that AR pie.

Likely a ploy to drive up sales when they re-release it to the market.

Could be. I forget. They've been poorly run for some time. Relying on government contracts for decades-old designs and eschewing innovation.

Not news at all. We're in the salad days of AR15 buying. Quality options have never been so numerous and affordable. Everybody has tried to get their piece of that AR pie.

If they were a tech company they would have collapsed not long after '77 when their patents expired. Innovate or die.

I love the right wing freak out in this thread. You will never lose your guns, any notion you will is gun and ammo manufacturers trying to gin up sales and you rubes fall for it every single time.

Remember the numerous freak outs while Obama was in office? You all made fools of yourselves then too. Keep being the loyal lap dog.

I love the right wing freak out in this thread. You will never lose your guns, any notion you will is gun and ammo manufacturers trying to gin up sales and you rubes fall for it every single time.

Remember the numerous freak outs while Obama was in office? You all made fools of yourselves then too. Keep being the loyal lap dog.
It's not the right wing making fools of themselves. ;)

It's not the right wing making fools of themselves. ;)

No it literally is trust me. Just because some dumbass group wants to ban guns does not mean it will go anywhere. It’s gun owners freaking out over 2A shit that hilarious. Better run out and stock up on ammo before they take it away, that’s never happened ever.

No it literally is trust me. Just because some dumbass group wants to ban guns does not mean it will go anywhere. It’s gun owners freaking out over 2A shit that hilarious. Better run out and stock up on ammo before they take it away, that’s never happened ever.
Keep thinking that you're "winning." ;)

Keep thinking that you're "winning." ;)

I’m not wanting to ban guns. I just laugh at the freak out.

I bet I could dig up at least a half dozen times in the last 10 years a rush to buy ARa or ammo because the ban was coming

Seems doubtful. Otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread. Unless you're just disingenuous.
I reacted initially from the headline. Do you really think I don't know what a market being saturated with a product means? I would have known that when I was 12 years old. I think it's possible that is the reality of their decision here, and I'll admit to using an attention grabbing headline to make a point about where things are headed.

I don't want an AR right now. I sold mine. If dems get a lot of power in the near future, they will likely go for an "assault weapon" ban again, and the way the left works now is whoever says the most "progressive" thing sets the bar. That's why things keep moving left.

The gun nuts certainly seem a fearful bunch. I'm pretty left on most social stuff, fairly conservative financially and really just don't envision any large group in the country actually wanting to deprive responsible people of guns. Those who want assault weapons strike me as suspect personally but if you're a responsible person I got no beef with that.

I don't want an AR right now. I sold mine. If dems get a lot of power in the near future, they will likely go for an "assault weapon" ban again, and the way the left works now is whoever says the most "progressive" thing sets the bar. That's why things keep moving left.

Dude, they owned the government in 2008 to 2010 and nothing happened. Hell, the last moratorium on assault rifles happened under a Republican (Reagan) and that moratorium was allowed to expire under a Democrat (Clinton) but please keep telling me why Dems would want to give up a wedge issue. When a party finds a wedge issue, they exploit the fuck out of it.

Republicans have found immigrants and abortion And guns and Dems have immigrants and guns. Also Republicans love using fear as a control mechanism.

Dude, they owned the government in 2008 to 2010 and nothing happened. Hell, the last moratorium on assault rifles happened under a Republican (Reagan) and that moratorium was allowed to expire under a Democrat (Clinton) but please keep telling me why Dems would want to give up a wedge issue. When a party finds a wedge issue, they exploit the fuck out of it.

You really don't get how much that party has changed since 2008.

You really don't get how much that party has changed since 2008.

It hasn’t, just look at Pelosi and Schumer, the party leaders. The rest of what you see is theater and the attention on the 3 or 4 ladies that Trump loves to use to drum up hate is just another piece of ammo

It hasn’t, just look at Pelosi and Schumer, the party leaders. The rest of what you see is theater and the attention on the 3 or 4 ladies that Trump loves to use to drum up hate is just another piece of ammo

Ok. We will see.

What expired under Clinton?

Wow my history is way off

Wait. I’m dumb. It was Reagan who wrote Clinton in support of the 10 year ban which was enacted in 1994 after 53 children and a teacher were shot and expired under Bush.

I’ll eat my crow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back