Social Colt to suspend AR-15 production.. For civilian use.

What are you talking about? This is a temporary decision by Colt, not the J- globalists taking away your guns like Obama did.
top secret footage of obama caught in the act of gun grabbing

BitterFlashyFruitbat-size_restricted.gif

Right on. I thought it was all the Magpul furniture. Not a big deal that it isn't.
I know an FFL dealer in Georgia who's selling a used 6920 with the FDE Magpul stuff for $750. Want a link?

This is the biggest problem for Colt. Most just want an AR "just because" and plink it at the range a few times a year. PSA sells a complete lower for $120 and a complete upper for $220. Slap an MBUS on there and that's a complete AR for roughly $400 and while it's not the same quality it's good enough for most.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-complete-classic-stealth-lower.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-classic-freedom-m4-upper-with-bcg-and-ch.html

That's practically free. People still like that Colt rollmark. Look at what people pay for Noveske receivers. :eek:

I know an FFL dealer in Georgia who's selling a used 6920 with the FDE Magpul stuff for $750. Want a link?

Tempting to buy another one just flip in the next panic. I really need to downsize instead.

That's practically free. People still like that Colt rollmark. Look at what people pay for Noveske receivers. :eek:

Spikes too even though they're forged in the same facility (most likely) as like Aero or Anderson.

Market saturation is the opposite of a gun ban. You understand that right?

It's this. People buy Colt for the brand name, but if all you care about is function, you can get something VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL for way cheaper.
If all you care about is going fast, are you gonna buy a brand new Ferrari or soup up a Honda Civic?

<Goldie11>

Spikes too even though they're forged in the same facility (most likely) as like Aero or Anderson.
Eh, Spike's isn't bad. $270 with free shipping on AIM. Noveske prices are nuts, even for a stripped lower.

:eek:
Tempting to buy another one just flip in the next panic. I really need to downsize instead.
Someone offered me $3k for my stock 6920 right after Sandy Hook. I should've taken it. :(
I was able to sell a $250 PSA complete lower for $700 though and a bunch of 30 round mags for $30 a piece.

I'll pay extra for aesthetics. Anderson's rollmark sucks. Same as Aero.

Someone offered me $3k for my stock 6920 right after Sandy Hook. I should've taken it. :(
I was able to sell a $250 PSA complete lower for $700 though and a bunch of 30 round mags for $30 a piece.

Damn. I wonder what they'd go for now had a ban been in effect since then.

Market saturation is the opposite of a gun ban. You understand that right?
Yes the headline grabbed me a little.. And anything you understand, I understand.

We will see if it leads into anything else. Do not think there couldn't be little stories like this here and there that lead up to a bigger one. Things nowadays usually keep moving in a direction once they start.

But ok, you think a political party with a >50% chance of taking power within the next 9 years talking consistently about banning ARs has no impact on the decision colt just made. Noted.

<TheDonald>

F1STLS035.jpg

I'm a sucker for the pictograms. The two bullet position goes nicely with a binary trigger.

<13>
I don't like the pictogram and I'm too lazy to build my own. Otherwise I'd buy one of these.

4272019.jpg

Yes the headline grabbed me a little.. And anything you understand, I understand.

We will see if it leads into anything else. Do not think there couldn't be little stories like this here and there that lead up to a bigger one. Things nowadays usually keep moving in a direction once they start.

But ok, you think a political party with a >50% chance of taking power within the next 9 years talking consistently about banning ARs has no impact on the decision colt just made. Noted.

Seems doubtful. Otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread. Unless you're just disingenuous.

But ok, you think a political party with a >50% chance of taking power within the next 9 years talking consistently about banning ARs has no impact on the decision colt just made.

Their own statement says the reason is market saturation. Also not the first time they've concentrated production away from the civilian market. They'll be back.

Back