Social Colt to suspend AR-15 production.. For civilian use.

I love the right wing freak out in this thread. You will never lose your guns, any notion you will is gun and ammo manufacturers trying to gin up sales and you rubes fall for it every single time.

Remember the numerous freak outs while Obama was in office? You all made fools of yourselves then too. Keep being the loyal lap dog.

Its more to do with the left claiming victory, as if this is an accomplishment on their part.

I’m not wanting to ban guns. I just laugh at the freak out.

I bet I could dig up at least a half dozen times in the last 10 years a rush to buy ARa or ammo because the ban was coming
"We're winning!" ;)

Someone offered me $3k for my stock 6920 right after Sandy Hook. I should've taken it. :(
I was able to sell a $250 PSA complete lower for $700 though and a bunch of 30 round mags for $30 a piece.

You should have sold that. It was a weird time. I had a buddy trade a beautiful 70 series Gold Gold Cup 45 for a NIB M&P, I think it was. AR that was only $600 right before that. I wish he would have let me know. I would have tired to get the cash together to have made it worth his while to toss me the Gold Cup. That damn gun shot like a dream. I still want one.

Bernie Sanders claimed a win on FB.

He is more guilty of using a headline than I am lol

Just heard on the news: “Colt suspends production of the AR15 for civilian use, as it is the weapon of choice used in mass shootings”

Fucking media is cancer.

Bernie Sanders claimed a win on FB.

He is more guilty of using a headline than I am lol

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/09/colt-is-ending-production-of-ar-15s/

Veilleux doesn’t want customers to think the decision has any bearing on the company’s support of civilian customers or the Second Amendment.

“We want to assure you that Colt is committed to the Second Amendment, highly values its customers and continues to manufacture the world’s finest quality firearms for the consumer market,” Veilleux said.

“Colt’s commitment to the consumer markets, however, is unwavering. We continue to expand our network of dealers across the country and to supply them with expanding lines of the finest quality 1911s and revolvers,” he added.

The company has been in business for more than 180 years and said that following and responding to consumer demand is a matter of adjusting to changing market dynamics.

“We listen to our customers,” Colt’s senior vice president for commercial business, Paul Spitale told NRA’s Shooting Illustrated last week. “The whole basis for our reorganization was consumer feedback.”

“What’s true today is that the [modern sporting rifle] market is much more price-driven,” Spitale said. “We’ve seen a pretty sharp decline in rifle sales, given our price points, resulting in significant inventory build-up held by our distributors.”

as a gun store manager that specializes in AR-15's. this news means less than nothing for me. Colt hasnt made a competitive package in decades. I can do a Aero build that will outperform a colt offering of similar profile all day long with money left over for optics ammo and accessories. They really should be selling at Del-Ton prices rather than BCM prices for what you get.

That being said, Fudds have lots of money and they tend to buy company heritage BS. I may just snag a few LE's from my distributors just to upjump the price and cash in on the Fudd market.

Let me guess they're jacking up the price on remaining stock?

Last edited:
I bet I could dig up at least a half dozen times in the last 10 years a rush to buy ARa or ammo because the ban was coming

It doesn't take a genius to see what the Democrats have planned if they can manage to get the hat trick of the Senate/House/Presidency. Axe the filibuster, pass a new law updating SCOTUS to 13 (or 15 to be safe) seats, pack it full of left wing judges. Wham bam thank you ma'am, they can now slam home anything they want including gun bans which are being called for by... 3 of the 4 frontrunners for the nomination I think?

Don't say it won't happen, when the current and future leaders of the party are calling for it. Given the chance, they will certainly do it (just to have it reversed the moment the GOP takes control again).

Just heard on the news: “Colt suspends production of the AR15 for civilian use, as it is the weapon of choice used in mass shootings”

Fucking media is cancer.

Don’t worry I’m sure there’ll still be mass shootings.

Market saturation is the opposite of a gun ban. You understand that right?

I guarantee you the leftist media is freaking out right now over this unexpected "victory", and quite a few politicians on the Presidential campaign trail will try to claim credit for this market saturation.

It's a weird time we're living in, man. Half of the time I listen to what people say on the news and wonder if they fell to our reality from an alternate dimension.

I guarantee you the leftist media is freaking out right now over this unexpected "victory", and quite a few politicians on the Presidential campaign trail will try to claim credit for this market saturation.

It's a weird time we're living in, man. Half of the time I listen to what people say on the news and wonder if they fell to our reality from an alternate dimension.

Reporting on firearms in the media is always terrible due to their ignorance and politicians certainly aren't any better.
Not to mention the number of people that don't actually read articles and just mindlessly cut and paste stuff based on the headline.
You have to be either stupid or dishonest as a "gun grabber" to think that AR-15s being produced cheaper and by more companies than ever is somehow a "victory".

The fix is in. 2005 establishment Republican is likely on board. The corporate and governmental powers do not want a potential power loss as they continue to push fast, odd social change. If you think it is also about saving civilian lives, you can voice that opinion.

I do not currently own a large(er) caliber rifle. I get the feeling the .22 in the house isn't safe.

The establishment Rs will chat with their nra buddies at the club; the nra will slowly change its tune and exist as a hunting club type org. It's coming

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/40171917

This is a temporary halt in production, btw.. But I do believe it may signify more. Possibly not.

EDIT: The excuse used for the move is market saturation. If this is a complete truth told by the company for its strategy, then this story may not be cause for alarm.

May I suggest:

https://www.shopalexanderarms.com/6_5_Grendel-Rifles.html

And the Beowolf 50cal is badass if you prefer.

The fix is in. 2005 establishment Republican is likely on board. The corporate and governmental powers do not want a potential power loss as they continue to push fast, odd social change. If you think it is also about saving civilian lives, you can voice that opinion.

I do not currently own a large(er) caliber rifle. I get the feeling the .22 in the house isn't safe.

The establishment Rs will chat with their nra buddies at the club; the nra will slowly change its tune and exist as a hunting club type org. It's coming

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/40171917

This is a temporary halt in production, btw.. But I do believe it may signify more. Possibly not.

EDIT: The excuse used for the move is market saturation. If this is a complete truth told by the company for its strategy, then this story may not be cause for alarm.

Colt is a poorly run business and has been for a long time. It has been in out of bankruptcy a couple of times. This is likely about an inability to compete in a very competitive market. I sold my Colt after purchasing a Bravo Company and winning a Daniel Defense. In my opinion the Colt was the lesser of the three.

Back