• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colby vs Khamzat - Your prediction for this fight?

Who wins this fight?

• Total voters
who would have thought that a former UFC champion and Title contender is a good fighter....

Khamzat is going to get his ass beat badly , if his next fight is against Colby Covington.

He needs time.

Colby is going to make Rd 2 against Burns look like a walk in the park, every 2 minute's.

Promise you the UFC knows this, bet you dollars to donuts that Khamzat is going to fight anybody not named Colby Covington Or Kamuru Usman in his next fight

This is becaus the UFC knows, without a doubt what would happen to their Future star here

Khamzat seems to be a great fighter, but it gets no easier from here, for him.

He needs to fight someone like belal Mohammed next, who is like Colby lite. So that he can get a taste of what a fighter who pushes the pace is like

Chimaev smokes Belal. Colby does beat Chimaev

shavkat rakhmonov seems much, much more disciplined than Khamzat who has let the hype get to his head, it's a classic tale in combat sports when a guy comes up and seems invincible, the media go crazy, and he believes his own hype. Right now I think Shavkat is the better prospect for dominance in the division when Usman retires.

I think Khamzat is top 3 and can beat Usman if he's disciplined and prepares well with good strategy from his coaches. The thing with Usman is he seems to have an elite team around him, his strategy always seems on point. I'm not sure what Khamzat was doing in round 2.

Before this fight with Gilbert, I was teetering on the idea that Khamzat was a robot who was not only going to run through Gilbert, but go onto eventually beat Colby and Kamaru as well.

After tonight's performance against Gilbert, I am certain Khamzat drowns in a fight against Colby and gets nowhere near Kamaru.

Khamzat doesn't have enough time to get ready for a fight against a guy like Colby.

Do you think one training camp is going to prepare Khamzat for the deep waters that Colby is going to drag him to?

Did you see how tired Khamzat was tonight? Have you ever seen Colby that tired? Yeah, no.

Chimaev smokes Belal. Colby does beat Chimaev
Idk, chimaevs chin appears to be pretty legendary, Colby’s pillows won’t bother him, if he can outgrapple Colby, who knows. That’s a big if, but he certainly appears to be able to. If khamzat can learn to control his output, his cardio will obviously improve. He gassed himself going for the finish early, not to mention, he was throwing everything with bad intentions. Once he learns to control that, which he should have crushing a few more cans, he will be better off. You gotta love his courage though man, after eating those bombs, continuing to come forward. He is not scared to lose, and that’s pretty damn refreshing in this era of point fighting.

Colby can keep a pace that burns cannot keep we saw khamzy get tired.
Colby doesn't have the power in his strikes to back Khamzat away like Burns did. Colby's defensive wrestling isn't the greatest either.

It'll be a long night for Colby if he takes this fight

Khamzat would destroy Colby In the grappling with ease, he just fought the best bjj guy in the ufc Colby has shit tier bjj

Why go to these extremes? These are the elite fighters of WW yes they can win against each other but Colby did not get "destroyed" against Usman and had the most competitive fights against him from all WW. That should tell something. Still he can be KOd no question but its not an easy fight at all. Colby doesnt have "shit tier bjj". No one does at that level, he is just a few levels below Burns.

Right now I would bet on Colby outpacing him in a 5 round fight. With the right adapations from the Burns fight Khamzat might develop a game that can dominate Colby. He definitely has an upside.

Colby has worse bjj than Burns, hes not a sub threat off his back.

He is definitely not on Burns level but on the other hand much more difficult to keep on his back. So it could kinda even itself out regarding advantage /disadvantage. The problem with Colby fights is that people always develop extreme POV like Colby is gonne get "destroyed" and a "pillow fisted shit fighter" when he is without a question Top5 at WW.

I wonder if the addition of Till to his camp has got Chimaev interested in thinking he is a striker. As Khabib is vocal on, if you're amazing at something, then use it. He has elite wrestling and is strong, I expect he will use it more and was just weary of Burns BJJ.

I actually said in a previous thread that I felt like Burns matched up better with Chimaev than Colby due to his finishing prowess and to a degree I still feel that way, but honestly after seeing how the fight with Burns played out I would give Colby a decent chance in a five-round fight. Way more than I did before.

Tbh I believe Burns would've pulled it out if it was 5 rounds.

Chimaev has things to improve & a matchup with Colby next makes the most sense especially with Usman vs Leon next.

YES.
Khamzat was gassed after round 1 but we for sure know that colby easily can wrestle, preassure and strike for 5 rounds
the only chance khamzat has is via subission in the first round
colby will fuck this guy up after round 1

Prove me delusional. Cause Colbys cardio is on another level. Chimaev showed some weaker cardio this fight with Burns imo. With Colbys high pace Chimaev will be in huge trouble when it gets into the deeper rounds. 48-47 Colby!

I actually said in a previous thread that I felt like Burns matched up better with Chimaev than Colby due to his finishing prowess and to a degree I still feel that way, but honestly after seeing how the fight with Burns played out I would give Colby a decent chance in a five-round fight. Way more than I did before.

Another important thing is what a hard time Burns had to gameplan for Khamzat, the guy was perceived as an MMA cheat code with no flaws to exploit.

He went from Khabib 2.0 down to Chris Leben 3.0

Prove me delusional. Cause Colbys cardio is on another level. Chimaev showed some weaker cardio this fight with Burns imo. With Colbys high pace Chimaev will be in huge trouble when it gets into the deeper rounds. 48-47 Colby!

Game planning will be similar to Conor, survive the 1st round, then push the pace

This guy will be blowing bubbles after 10 minutes of a 5rd fight with Covington.

He wants to knock out everyone. He loves finishes! Doesn't matter who it is!

bt sport intern fucked up his name in the thumbnail btw

Pretty sure he would, and it not TKO him on the ground. Colby has one particular strength, wrestling, and Chimaev is vastly superior in that area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back