Colby should stay ready for UFC 299

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Burns vs JDM
Neal vs Garry
Holland vs MVP

All booked for UFC 299. By my calculations there is a 42.8% chance that ONE of these men will fall out. 5 strikers, 4 of which(Neal excluded) have suspect takedown defense. It's in Miami & it's a huge card. A win against any of these will have him immediately back in the mix. Not to mention he brought up his new contract & I'm sure he wants to cash in those checks before he gets too old.

And there is actually precedent for this as he has made quick turnarounds before; Lawler to Usman & Usman to Masvidal. Even Kim to Maia was within 4 months or so.

Also Burns who will be close to 38 years old coming off a major surgery but is a beast.

Which of the 6 would you want to see him fight the most? (Burns for me, always wanted to see it & Burns deserves a bigger name than JDM)

And who do you think would be the most winnable fight for him? (Lean MVP but maybe Garry just because he's SO unproven)

Colby got the shit beaten out of him for most of that fight and its obvious he didn't belong in there. He's going to campaign for fighting someone who is old and on career skid - this is why he called out Wonderboy.

Burns and JDM will knock him out.

Garry isn't tested against top competition but I think its fairly likely he kicks Colby's head off. Neal is too well rounded for Colby.

Holland sucks at wrestling and I could see Colby eeking out a 2-1 decision, but he'll get lumped up.

Colby sucks and was never any good tbh

Burns vs JDM
Neal vs Garry
Holland vs MVP

All booked for UFC 299. By my calculations there is a 42.8% chance that ONE of these men will fall out. 5 strikers, 4 of which(Neal excluded) have suspect takedown defense. It's in Miami & it's a huge card. A win against any of these will have him immediately back in the mix. Not to mention he brought up his new contract & I'm sure he wants to cash in those checks before he gets too old.

And there is actually precedent for this as he has made quick turnarounds before; Lawler to Usman & Usman to Masvidal. Even Kim to Maia was within 4 months or so.

Also Burns who will be close to 38 years old coming off a major surgery but is a beast.

Which of the 6 would you want to see him fight the most? (Burns for me, always wanted to see it & Burns deserves a bigger name than JDM)

And who do you think would be the most winnable fight for him? (Lean MVP but maybe Garry just because he's SO unproven)
Dana White: "Colby looked old and slow in there".

But ya, you're right. He should.

Dana White: "Colby looked old and slow in there".

But ya, you're right. He should.

Yeah I don't disagree that he looked old & slow. Old in the sense that he was gunshy. Not that his frame looks like Ferguson's.

Holland or MVP would be the most winnable fights for Colby. I don't think he would sign a contract for any of those other guys, maybe Garry.

I like the idea but his purse is quite high for a late replacement that is not even a main event

Colby got the shit beaten out of him for most of that fight and its obvious he didn't belong in there. He's going to campaign for fighting someone who is old and on career skid - this is why he called out Wonderboy.

Garry isn't tested against top competition but I think its fairly likely he kicks Colby's head off. Neal is too well rounded for Colby.

Holland sucks at wrestling and I could see Colby eeking out a 2-1 decision, but he'll get lumped up.
Burns can possibly KO him but JDM got wrestlefucked by a short notice nobody. If Colby isn’t shot he’ll rag doll the shit out of the Aussie. If he is then yeah JDM could KO him but no way I’d take that bet based off recent performances from both fighters.

he looked really small for weight. Leon was literally toying with him on the ground

With his inactivity and unwillingness to face anybody that isn’t aging unless for a title, I don’t see him stepping in on short notice.

1 win isn't gonna be enough to springboard Colby to another title shot like his last 2, UFC knows his stock dropped massively in this last fight, even his own fans are turning against him.

He's done as a title challenger.

Now that Colby has lost his value as a potential title challenger, Dana should milk his value as an established name and a heel by giving the fans what they want: Colby vs Shavkat or Brady or Burns.

Now that Colby has lost his value as a potential title challenger, Dana should milk his value as an established name and a heel by giving the fans what they want: Colby vs Shavkat or Brady or Burns.
Burns is booked vs JDM but I'd be down for Brady vs Colby & Shavkat vs Usman.

If JDM, Brady, & Shavkat all win we could get complete turnover at the top.

Reactions: CPH
As public as Ian has let his personal life become, Colby's trash talk will probably be much better received than last week's.
It would either be epic, or another total melt down from everyone, there is no in-between. Guaranteed Colby says something so ridiculous, that draws in more viewers, like he always does.

That Colby that showed up Saturday night would be hard pressed to beat most of those guys

Burns and Garry would beat the shit out of Colby. I imagine Neal would be a nightmare too as his TDD was way better in his last fight. Colby is done. He's gonna go after old fighters and blown up Lightweights now.

Back