Media Colby Covington interview, death wish

extremely impressed by Colby's performative gesture to accept a fight that we know has almost no chance of happening. What a guy

Why not? He said in the interview Masvidal fight probably will not happen. He spent 7 moonths trying to make it last year too.

What other option does he have?

"his reply although may be funny to some, its literally asking for death to some."
HollowDependentCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

Okay, you will see

Colby beats him, Khamzat isn't keeping up with Colbys pace for 5 rounds. And Colby has good wrestling to get back up if he gets taken down.

Doubt UFC would even make the matchup right now. They will probably give Khamzat Gilbert Burns then a title fight if he wins.

Would be crazy if this fight gets signed. Fuck it. Is Khamzat a money fight yet or is he stuck on some other contract? Does this headline an ESPN card or go on the main card of a PPV? Interesting.

I kind of expect if that fight was put together it would be on a ppv, for $ reasons of course. One other important reason I would suspect if they did, it would be that they want to build Khamzat, so it'd be a 3 round fight instead of rolling the dice with him losing due to Colby's crazy pace and cardio. Which is what I would pick in a 5 round fight but maybe not in a 3 round fight.

I'd probably pick Colby in a 3 round fight too, just because he's a well established fighter. I would bet on Khamzat gassing in a 5 rounder with his 100% into everything style, very little experience vs a guy like Colby and all the other big question marks. People talk about his striking and his cardio like they have any clue of how good it is lol.

I think it's all a mute point, I think they will continue to build Khamzat up and let him keep improving and maybe get tested.

Masvidal is a much easier fight for him. And Masvidal is a big name, his last 2 PPV's have done well. Colby vs Masvidal is the fight to make at WW, and the time is now

Why do fans these days always base their match ups on what makes the UFC more money? Give Colby someone better than fricken Masvidal lol.

Last edited:
Book it after Colby vs Masvidal next

Usman's fought everyone they put in front of him and he's been thinking about stopping long before Khamzat arrived.

Not everything is about Khamzat. Appreciate the champion you have right now who has broken records and put on very good fights. Let Khamzat crack the top 10 and beat some good opponents to prove he even deserves to fight Usman.
Do you honestly think Khamzat fan boys will listen to you no matter how reasonable you are?

It's because he destroys everyone. And hell, if it wasn't for Usman he'd be the champ right now. Colby isn't merely a can crusher.
You know the post you responded to was talking about Khamzat, not Colby, right?

Why not? He said in the interview Masvidal fight probably will not happen. He spent 7 moonths trying to make it last year too.

What other option does he have?
There’s plenty of options, he hasn’t fought a single WW that is currently ranked. Burns, Edwards, Luque and Wonderboy could all make sense and would likely fight him.

Edit: That being said I wouldn't have any issue with him fighting Khamzat, I just think the idea that his options are limited is not true at all

Last edited:
khazmat not ready for colby

I'd pick Khamzat against Covington, but Covington could very well expose Khamzat too.

Colby via TKO.

Colby beats him, Khamzat isn't keeping up with Colbys pace for 5 rounds. And Colby has good wrestling to get back up if he gets taken down.

Doubt UFC would even make the matchup right now. They will probably give Khamzat Gilbert Burns then a title fight if he wins.

For most of you, you will continue to say that Colby is the best or second best and Khamzat has no chance, but once that fight happens, you will learn the difference between a good fighter and a great fighter.

Khamzat beats him within two rounds.

Usually I never particularly liked Colby.
But after watching his attitude during this interview, I can't say that I cannot respect his drive and mental toughness.
Dude fought two wars and lost two title shots, yet he's just back to "I want to fight him again" and "will fight anyone that thinks he can come up in this division".

I can't help but think that beneath that sometimes nonsensical persona, there's a champion and good guy under there.

Boring guy boring style.

Colby Covington would rather fight Kamaru Usman in a non-title fight than become a world champion against anybody else in the #UFC's welterweight division. Covington discussed his #UFC268 loss to Usman, coming from humble beginnings to headlining at Madison Square Garden, not getting credit for the takedown, if he feels he'll fight Usman again, if he thinks Jorge Masvidal will be next, potentially coaching on The Ultimate Fighter, why he would be open to a fight with Khamzat Chimaev, and much more with MMA Fighting's Mike Heck.

Colby fake character is gonna get him hurt, 33:30 he is asked about Khamzat Chimaev and his reply although may be funny to some, its literally asking for death to some.
He refers to Khamzat as cumshot and brings Khamzat mum up, then says he is open to fight him.
Colby knows how to start a fight but he is 1-2 out of his last three, and wants smoke that he can't handle.

Release the Wolf
View attachment 892947

How old are you?

How did you get banned?

Mods, how did he "The Chosen" get banned? Did he say something about the Liberals or Biden?

I think it's bs that they ban people for no good reason. Makes no sense how they run this place like that and there are no ways to appeal once you are banned. It's number one bullshit, gono btw was banned this year too, and many others.

number-one-bullshit-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif

Masvidal wouldn't fight Leon and he isn't fighting Colby. They both have tried already to get a fight with Jorge. Khamzat vs Colby would be electric.

Honestly Colby vs Khazmat makes a lot of sense. Khaz hasn't faced a level of fighter as Colby yet. If ita a 1 or 2 rd fight I like Khaz of it goes longer I think Colby wins.

Back