Media Colby Covington interview, death wish

AL-Tappo McSnappo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Colby Covington would rather fight Kamaru Usman in a non-title fight than become a world champion against anybody else in the #UFC's welterweight division. Covington discussed his #UFC268 loss to Usman, coming from humble beginnings to headlining at Madison Square Garden, not getting credit for the takedown, if he feels he'll fight Usman again, if he thinks Jorge Masvidal will be next, potentially coaching on The Ultimate Fighter, why he would be open to a fight with Khamzat Chimaev, and much more with MMA Fighting's Mike Heck.

Colby fake character is gonna get him hurt, 33:30 he is asked about Khamzat Chimaev and his reply although may be funny to some, its literally asking for death to some.
He refers to Khamzat as cumshot and brings Khamzat mum up, then says he is open to fight him.
Colby knows how to start a fight but he is 1-2 out of his last three, and wants smoke that he can't handle.

Release the Wolf
wolf .png

"his reply although may be funny to some, its literally asking for death to some."
HollowDependentCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

I’m so sick of seeing all this hype about the can crusher. When he beats a top 10 guy in similar fashion, I’ll buy it. For now though, it’s just annoying and similar to when O’Malley was crushing cans before the first L.

Everyone loves to hates Colby. Fact is he is actually pretty damn good. Usman has destroyed everyone but Colby both fights Colby right there till the end. Yeah he is cringy but it gets over looked hes also pretty good. No idea how Masvidal thinks he beats Colby.

Lol perhaps he loses to Khamzat, but I imagine Covington isn't afraid of anyone inside the cage so the brazenness isn't surprising. This is a guy who had his jaw broken vs the #1 p4p in round 3 then proceeded to go out and win round 4 giving no fucks about his jaw. Say what you want about his lack of offensive firepower, but this is a guy who goes into every fight knowing he has the elite level cardio, recovery and grappling to hang with anyone. It's hard to imagine a fighter with those defensive attributes being scared of any matchup

Usually I never particularly liked Colby.
But after watching his attitude during this interview, I can't say that I cannot respect his drive and mental toughness.
Dude fought two wars and lost two title shots, yet he's just back to "I want to fight him again" and "will fight anyone that thinks he can come up in this division".

I can't help but think that beneath that sometimes nonsensical persona, there's a champion and good guy under there.

I’m so sick of seeing all this hype about the can crusher. When he beats a top 10 guy in similar fashion, I’ll buy it. For now though, it’s just annoying and similar to when O’Malley was crushing cans before the first L.
It's because he destroys everyone. And hell, if it wasn't for Usman he'd be the champ right now. Colby isn't merely a can crusher.

I'm not fully on this Khamzat hype train but he tears through Colby like wet soggy toilet paper...

Lol perhaps he loses to Khamzat, but I imagine Covington isn't afraid of anyone inside the cage so the brazenness isn't surprising. This is a guy who had his jaw broken vs the #1 p4p in round 3 then proceeded to go out and win round 4 giving no fucks about his jaw. Say what you want about his lack of offensive firepower, but this is a guy who goes into every fight knowing he has the elite level cardio, recovery and grappling to hang with anyone. It's hard to imagine a fighter with those defensive attributes being scared of any matchup

Colby takes Khamzat to deep waters and drowns him if they fight is my guess.

To me he's hands down one of the most annoying people on the roster.

But Love him or hate him, he's trouble for anyone at 170, there's no denying that.

I guess we'll see when he actually starts fighting the real meat of the 170lb class, and not aging one foot out the cage fighters...

Colby avoids this fight the way he's avoiding the rest of the top 5 at WW, guaranteed.

Khamzat can handle his grappling and his pressure and is a better striker. Horrible fight for Colby. He likely gets stopped in the first round.

Back