• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colby’s Last Stand

Sure , big pressure on Colby . But it’s big pressure on Leon too , if he loses tonight no way does he get the instant rematch, he may never climb the mountain again

He's turning 36 in a month or two. Even if he wins he won't be relevant for long.

He did ok.

Betting a finish by Leon is pretty impressive given his recent fight history

Usman (decision)
Usman (KO)
2021 Nate Diaz (decision)
Belal (NC)
2019 RDA (decision)
Gunnar Nelson (decision)
2018 Donald Cerrone (decision)
Peter Sobotta (TKO) (who???)
Bryan Barberena (decision)
2017 Luque (decision)
Tumenov (decision)
2016 Waters (decision)

Lest we forget that before he KO'ed Usman he was best known for getting rocked by Nate Diaz and being the most boring contender at 170.

I feel like the UFC would drag it out for a few fights like they did with Masvidal… could always match him up with Machado Garry

Edwards should have capitalized on this during the presser and been absolutely relentless with it. Under the mask, Colby is thinking these thoughts and feeling the pressure.

I’m not against Colby. I don’t even think twice about the trash talk and what he said at the press conference. He earned my complete respect with the way he came out swinging with a broken jaw in the 4th round of that first Usman fight.

Does Sean Brady sound like a reasonable comeback fight if he loses? I think he should retire. Save the brain.

He's turning 36 in a month or two. Even if he wins he won't be relevant for long.

He did ok.

Betting a finish by Leon is pretty impressive given his recent fight history

Usman (decision)
Usman (KO)
2021 Nate Diaz (decision)
Belal (NC)
2019 RDA (decision)
Gunnar Nelson (decision)
2018 Donald Cerrone (decision)
Peter Sobotta (TKO) (who???)
Bryan Barberena (decision)
2017 Luque (decision)
Tumenov (decision)
2016 Waters (decision)

Lest we forget that before he KO'ed Usman he was best known for getting rocked by Nate Diaz and being the most boring contender at 170.

This is all true, however, Colby has been dropped or wobbled 5 times in his last four fights. He is due to get that chin cracked.

This is it. He’s gotta win the title or else he’s irrelevant. He knows this and the pressure is either going to make or break him. I’m going with Leon by 3rd round TKO. Colby’s gonna take after his Uncle Chael and always be #2.

Nah, the last several years prove he doesn't need to do anything to be relevant as long as Dana likes him.

This is all true, however, Colby has been dropped or wobbled 5 times in his last four fights. He is due to get that chin cracked.

His boxing defense is not great. He seems to get caught in that intermediate space. That being said, Usman has power and Masvidal is a very experienced striker who worked with Colby for years.

I guess it's a wash who knows lol

It’s do or die for Colby’s career tonight. I am not invested in either fighter persay. I’m just pumped to see who was telling me the truth in the pre fight buildup. If Colby wins it will be hilarious, if he loses it will be hilarious.

Who cares?

Welterweight has been stuck in the mud for years now, with the same guys rematching over and over.
At least Masvidal decided to walk away because i'm sure if Leon won tonight, that would have been on his radar.

I have no doubt in my mind, regardless who wins tonight, we aren't getting a defense until late next year.

Back