Colby wants Wonderboy next, how does this guy still have any fans?

MustangSally

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Colby being Colby and making absolutely no sense in a recent interview on Submission Radio. He talks a big game about how he is the best welterweight and will fight whoever the UFC puts in from of him and do whatever it takes to get back in title fight. Then goes on to call out Stephen Thompson who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights and hasn't beat a grappler in 8 years:

“I think ‘Wonderboy,’ guys, makes the most sense. The ultimate nice guy vs. the ultimate bad guy. He came on this show, Submission Radio, and had a lot of things to say. ‘Oh, Colby’s going to get knocked out. Oh, I’ll knock out Colby.’ Oh, all these things. He’s No. 6 in the world, I’m No. 5 in the world right now. That fight makes the most sense.”

This is literally the worst and most pointless fight to make. We all know how Wonderboy vs a grappler goes, we've seen in 3 times in the past 3 years (Burns, Rahhmanov, Muhammad). If Colby is such a great and fearless fighter, why doesn't he call out one of the otehr contenders like Muhammad or Rakhmanov?

Don't know about his fan base, but UFC knows that he will sell PPVs

Does he really have fans in here though? It's like bigfoot. Just a theory that they exist.

I've seen some in youtube comment sections but that's youtube.
The UFC seems to think he draws but I've never met a Colby fan. In terms of his fighting ability even, I wasn't sure exactly where he stood. You can't ride your career off loses and his last fight was pathetic. Maybe he's a draw because he talks crap even though it's bad? That's the only thing I can think of. The UFC is a business and I'd assume they wouldn't give him the oppurtunities he has if he didn't draw eye balls. Maybe it's the newer fans who don't realize how his career has gone. Taking out past prime fighters then sitting out for title shots.

Only way it makes sense is both are over the hill

Colby being Colby and making absolutely no sense in a recent interview on Submission Radio. He talks a big game about how he is the best welterweight and will fight whoever the UFC puts in from of him and do whatever it takes to get back in title fight. Then goes on to call out Stephen Thompson who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights and hasn't beat a grappler in 8 years:

“I think ‘Wonderboy,’ guys, makes the most sense. The ultimate nice guy vs. the ultimate bad guy. He came on this show, Submission Radio, and had a lot of things to say. ‘Oh, Colby’s going to get knocked out. Oh, I’ll knock out Colby.’ Oh, all these things. He’s No. 6 in the world, I’m No. 5 in the world right now. That fight makes the most sense.”

This is literally the worst and most pointless fight to make. We all know how Wonderboy vs a grappler goes, we've seen in 3 times in the past 3 years (Burns, Rahhmanov, Muhammad). If Colby is such a great and fearless fighter, why doesn't he call out one of the otehr contenders like Muhammad or Rakhmanov?
I'd like to see him fight Shavkat. When he loses his shtick will become even less relevent. It's time for everyone to move on from the 'Colby Show'.

Wonderboy lights him up all day on the feet.
Colby will have to crotch hug to win. No guarantee he can keep WB down either.

But Colby doesn't deserve that fight.

The UFC seems to think he draws but I've never met a Colby fan. In terms of his fighting ability even, I wasn't sure exactly where he stood. You can't ride your career off loses and his last fight was pathetic. Maybe he's a draw because he talks crap even though it's bad? That's the only thing I can think of. The UFC is a business and I'd assume they wouldn't give him the oppurtunities he has if he didn't draw eye balls. Maybe it's the newer fans who don't realize how his career has gone. Taking out past prime fighters then sitting out for title shots.
Willfully ignorant? Can't be this dumb

Wonderboy lights him up all day on the feet.
Colby will have to crotch hug to win. No guarantee he can keep WB down either.

But Colby doesn't deserve that fight.
Funny, OP is stating Wonderboy is too low ranked, while u seem to think he's too highly ranked?

Does he really have fans in here though? It's like bigfoot. Just a theory that they exist.

I've seen some in youtube comment sections but that's youtube.
Seriously anyone who's a "fan" is doing the same shit he is by pretending he's a trump fan just to rustle jimmies.

All of his fans are at the border of Texas and Mexico and they're just fighting themselves last I heard.

Back