News Cody blames vertigo for UFC 300 loss

I don't think very many here know what vertigo is. For starters, it's not a permanent thing. Second, it's not something that has a definitive test. You tell the Dr things are spinning, and he diagnoses you with vertigo. That's it. "Go home and rest, it will pass" is the direction from the Dr. I've had vertigo a couple times, it sucks but it's temporary but also isn't something that can be proven, or disproven.

I got it from a dodgy weight loss supplement 10+ years ago. Big order of Raising Cane's made it go away

It has happened to me before in the gym. usually when I got taken down. It isnt fun. a loss is a loss but it would be tough to fight with vertigo.

I took a cousin of mine to travel Southeast Asia a few years back and he randomly had vertigo in our hotel room. Next thing you know he was laying on the ground in the bathroom with the lights off and shit his pants. One of his ears stopped working normally around that time and hasn't worked right ever since

I've had bouts of vertigo. Only while laying down, interestingly. It's pretty frightening to suddenly feel like your world is rolling out of control, and there's no way out of that feeling until it just passes. Like the spins, but sober. Happened a few times while I was laying underneath trucks/tractors, servicing them, but mostly in bed.

The ufc doctor should have stopped the fight. Why wasnt the commission notified? Cody should have it overturned.

Apparently it hit as soon as the fight went to the ground and lasted the rest of the night. Thoughts?
As well as becoming truly established as a gate keeper, this is not good at all health wise, and potentially a sign of danger if he keeps getting hit in the head sparring or fighting.

Way past the point of him being forcibly retired, can get work being a tattoo model for sure so hope is not lost and I mean that seriously.

Back