Coach Mark Henry: "Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, Edson Barboza, All Beat Conor McGregor."

Doesn't matter, because there's an ever stronger reality that Edgar hasn't done enough to get a fight against McGregor no matter how much shit him or his handlers talk.

Edgar HAD done enough but Connor ducked him and fought in another weight class.

I'd add Marlon Moraes to that list of Mark Henry's Fighters who can beat Connie.

MoraesKO.gif

Edson would cripple McGregor and it would be scary. Conor's boxing is a bit better than Edsons, but Edson's all around striking game is on a different level. Conor gets beat up for the whole fight with purple legs

Frankie mauls Conor. Eddie is too hittable and probably gets finished by Conor. A Conor-Barboza fight would be a lot of fun.

Mark Henry should tattoo Conors name on his forehead, that way he will be in the media without having to wax lyrical about McGregor every 10 minutes and how can he mention Eds on Barbosa when Conors already smashed a world class version of him.
So you're implying that the #5 contender in the most stacked division in MMA isn't world-class? That's great.

Aldo and Barboza aren't that similar, btw. Barboza's kicking game is much, much more diverse. In addition to having the best leg kicks in MMA, he also has by far the best switch kick and probably the best spins. Aldo has better hands and significantly better striking defense. He also has arguably the best TDD in MMA and a much higher level of grappling.

to Mcgregor keep his hype, he need to continue fight unranked guys. Give these top tier fighters and all mcgregor shit will falls apart.

He is good entertainment, but till now he just fought 3 names, Chad "no camp" Mendes, Aldo, and Nate. His only clear victory against a top tier was Aldo. Mendes gassed out, and Nate showed that Mcgregor doesn't have tha gas nor the heart to take some shots.

The Gracie brothers said that was a black belt level move to against Nate. I think Conor finished Nate inside one round.

No. If you've ever watched the Diaz brothers they roll into guard all the time - Nate is especially good at catching guys in transitions, and is what a lot of high level black belts do - they lure you into a sense of security and that's where they catch you with submissions.

Yeah, fun-sized Frankie is going to have his way with an opponent that found Aldo's chin in 13 seconds, when he couldn't land a blow of any great significance in 25 minutes of trying.

For the sake of this mmath, why don't you also compare Frankie and Conor against Mendes (full camp in the case of Edgar) ?

Edson would cripple McGregor and it would be scary. Conor's boxing is a bit better than Edsons, but Edson's all around striking game is on a different level. Conor gets beat up for the whole fight with purple legs
Conor by 1st Round KO.

No. If you've ever watched the Diaz brothers they roll into guard all the time - Nate is especially good at catching guys in transitions, and is what a lot of high level black belts do - they lure you into a sense of security and that's where they catch you with submissions.
Yeah, why have top position in the last minute of a round you were losing badly when you can instead get deliberately swept and end up on bottom.

thumb-is-up.gif

Aldo will always beat Edgar every single time.
My problem with the people that argue Edgar beats Conor is the fact that they aren't taking into account how hard Conor hits for a 45'er and the ENORMOUS size difference there would be between the two, I mean Conor is taller and bigger than Aldo and Aldo was throwing Frankie around every time he shot in (I'm aware Aldo has GOAT TDD) but I think it should still be taken into account.
I think that definitely plays into account. Edgar can't take too many shots from Conor, that is for certain. The real question is can Conor stop the takedown? and if not, can he land something before he gets taken down? Edgar's footwork is also an x factor. He is far less hittable nowadays.

Yeah, why have top position in the last minute of a round you were losing badly when you can instead get deliberately swept and end up on bottom.

thumb-is-up.gif

You don't understand Jiu-Jitsu submissions and transitions, do you?

Edson fights differently against southpaws. He freely goes inside and outside with his leg kicks against orthodox fighters, but almost exclusively targets the body against southpaws (at least in the UFC). Then again, MJ pretty much fought the perfect fight in order to beat Edson standing. Great strategy from a great striking coach in Henri Hooft.

I think that definitely plays into account. Edgar can't take too many shots from Conor, that is for certain. The real question is can Conor stop the takedown? and if not, can he land something before he gets taken down? Edgar's footwork is also an x factor. He is far less hittable nowadays.
At least you're reasonable unlike most Frankie fans.
I feel like just from a pure strength standpoint Conor might be able to stop a few, but I'm sure eventually Edgar would take him down but can Edgar withstand getting hit in the head by the hardest hitter at 45 for 5 rounds? Although I'm slightly biased and I know Edgar is never getting past Aldo I would favor Conor by having the advantage on the feet.

His boy couldn't even get past Aldo, Conor should be the least of their worries.

If thats the case, then Rafael beat down nate so why the fuck is conor trying to fight Rafael?

See how that works?

Use MMAth in very small quantities.

I agree with the coach btw.

Yeah, fun-sized Frankie is going to have his way with an opponent that found Aldo's chin in 13 seconds, when he couldn't land a blow of any great significance in 25 minutes of trying.

MMAth is retarded

Back