Coach Mark Henry: "Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, Edson Barboza, All Beat Conor McGregor."

image.png

I don't know what a maw is.

I wasn't talking about you when I said about discrediting Conor, but there are plenty that can't give an ounce of credit.

There a big difference between Nate not being that worried off his back after he gets taken down to actually allowing someone to sweep him.

Quite a few knowledgeable BJJ guys have commented positively on the sweep and Conor's ground game in general, no one's saying he'd tap Nate but credit where it's due is all I'm saying.

He definitely deserves some credit for that exchange. I was impressed.

But I also feel that saying "Conor swept Nate," comes with a bit of an asterisk.

Yes, Nate ended up on bottom and Conor seemed to have the sweep on the the ready, which people should acknowledge.

On the other hand, it should be noted that Nate didn't bother offering any defense and instead went with the sweep in an attempt to take advantage of the position. It's not exactly like he was helpless to defend and forced to his back.

I agree with you though, there are too many posters that actively look to try and discredit fights they don't like. Giving credit where it's due doesn't take anything from anyone's favorite fighter, and people should be more willing to give props to the opponents of their favorite fighters.

He doesn't need to worry about punches the same way Aldo does. Edgar is one of the best wrestlers in the sport. When you get taken down off a single leg by Nate, your TDD is on par with Rousey's Muay Thai.
This might literally be the only single leg Diaz hits his whole career.
BlankWarmCaecilian.gif
Conor prob wasn't worried about the takedown in that fight and he swept Diaz there lol

Only one of them is a FW, what's the point?

An overrated Coach says some stupid shit. What a surprise. Aldo and Mendes are easily the same size as Conor. The guy weighed in at 168 for a welterweight fight after stuffing his face for 2 weeks. Meanwhile, guys like Jeremy Stephens walk around at 185 (via himself on Joe Rogan's podcast). Frankie would be KO'd unconscious in a round.

Styles make fights. I think Edgar takes McG pretty easily. Takedowns all day long.

Conor stiffens all 3. Edson is suspect and will eat a left when trying to kick. Alvarez is too wild and gets caught. Frankie is a midget. Might get a takedown but what does he do with it? His subs aren't the best.

LEL at those saying Edson eats up Conor's legs...i remember people saying aldo would do that too...

Massive duck. How dare he try and fight a dominant champion in a higher division. You know...that division henderson tossed frankie out of.

And if Henderson or Edgar were champ of the division he wouldn't jump up because he knows he'd spend the match on his back because he cant wrestle.

So you're implying that the #5 contender in the most stacked division in MMA isn't world-class? That's great.

Aldo and Barboza aren't that similar, btw. Barboza's kicking game is much, much more diverse. In addition to having the best leg kicks in MMA, he also has by far the best switch kick and probably the best spins. Aldo has better hands and significantly better striking defense. He also has arguably the best TDD in MMA and a much higher level of grappling.

I agree about that Barbosa having a few more kicks but I'm sure Conor would feel safer against Barbosa than Jose, Jose is still a big game player and has only last once in a decade, I had some hair when Jose first lost.

Back