Coach Izzy fired from a top 5 nationally ranked H.S. for assaulting highschooler

I'm not trying to kick the man when he's down, and I certainly have no relationship with him, but I'm not sure how impressed I have ever been with the fighters that have trained under him with their wrestling prowess. My opinion isn't significant, and a lot of people swear by him, but a guy like Anthony Pettis just never figured out the wrestling game and if I recall correctly he trained with him for years -- other guys under his stable such as Holly Holm and Cub Swanson haven't really wowed me with their wrestling either (respectfully). He has impressive accolades at the high school level, but never competed at the highest level as an adult (did win a national championship at a JC which is notable). I try not to let my ignorance get the best of me but I just haven't seen what others have seen I reckon to proclaim this guy as an authority for MMA wrestling application (high school coaching has been an obvious success for him). Anyway, sorry for the tangent -- hope that justice is served for the kid if he was indeed assaulted.

Last edited:
Wtf this isnt ufc related
MartinezJonesTwitter-e1526656504892.jpg

Its wrestling not football or basketball. Some baball coach was just fired in basketball somewhere for cussing on video after his team won. although he was later reinstated
yes wrestling , where they all wear leotards with their meat and 2 vege poking thru and rubbing against each other vigorously

It's a private school and he took them from top in the state (most years) to top 5 in the nation most years. They aren't getting rid of him for something soft.
Its gotta be big.
There was a video of him losing it on flowrestling last year.

he kinda looks like bj penn
web1_Penn-mug.jpg
MartinezJonesTwitter-e1526656504892.jpg
Bj%20Penn1.jpg

Last edited:
a lot of people swear by him, but a guy like Anthony Pettis just never figured out the wrestling game and if I recall correctly he trained with him for years -- other guys under his stable such as Holly Holm and Cub Swanson haven't really wowed me with their wrestling either
HS wrestling has three phases to excel at, and of course some stuff doesn't translate over to MMA much. It's possible that his style of wrestling isn't highly suited for excelling in MMA.

Also, maybe he doesn't beat up the MMA fighters, so they aren't getting 100% of his coaching.
<Fedor23>

Everything's so soft, now. You can't even discipline other people's kids without someone yelling "assault" these days.
<{hughesimpress}>

I know. Can't molest and rape them like Sandusky and Paterno either. We have become a nation of pussies, lost our rights to rape and assault. Bring back the good old days.

Well, all I am going to say is this. If you did enough to a boy to get fired from a Catholic School, it must be pretty bad. Pretty. Fucking. Bad.

I was mocking the dumbasses who think it is okay for coaches to assault kids
There's a line drawn in the sand.
Roundhouse kick a kid outside of a pizza place: OK

Join in on Pizzagate:
<{danayeah}>

In all seriousness, I do wonder what happened. Wrestling is vwry physical, amd emotions run high, so it's possible for someone with poor boundaries and/or anger issues to get carried away, I l suppose. Except I haven't heard of, or seen, something like this happening before. And I even recall a coach who was on America's Most Wanted a week after the county championships.

I was "assaulted" by a coach back in my football days.

I fucked up a play in practice and he hit me so hard in the head he broke my helmet. I didn't think twice about it, I mean, I fucked up the play.

Back