Coach Izzy fired from a top 5 nationally ranked H.S. for assaulting highschooler

Everything's so soft, now. You can't even discipline other people's kids without someone yelling "assault" these days.
<{hughesimpress}>

There was a news article the other day about cops being called and a 6yr old girl was put in zip ties and taken out of school. She had been throwing tantrums and kicking various staff members. Of course people were up in arms over it but you're exactly right.

Years ago someone would have just spanked her ass and it would have been over with but nowadays if they touch the little brats they'll be sued or charged with assault. So what are they supposed to do?

There was a news article the other day about cops being called and a 6yr old girl was put in zip ties and taken out of school. She had been throwing tantrums and kicking various staff members. Of course people were up in arms over it but you're exactly right.

Years ago someone would have just spanked her ass and it would have been over with but nowadays if they touch the little brats they'll be sued or charged with assault. So what are they supposed to do?

<6>

Okay, I was fucking around.

But yes, it does get very tricky for kids who are assaultive. I've worked in residential programs with teens, and one of them, not much ever happened, so whatever. Except that they kind of prevented a staff member from pressing charges after a kid hit her (mind you, kid means nearly grown teenager, in this situation).
The other place, it was completely natural and normal for a kid to punch an adult in the face. I was never assaulted - partly because I wasn't frontline staff, but it was for the best of me and whoever was deciding to flip out, because I couldn't just take an asskicking as part of a day's work.

I know this is meant to be a "never did me any harm" school of hard knocks story – but adult men really shouldn't be blasting teenagers in the head with enough force to break a football helmet, should they?

I mean, is that what your parents were paying him for?
My coach threw whistles at us, chased us down during team runs and punished those he caught, live wrestled with us and beat us down relentlessly. It made some of us champions, it made all of us better. It was exactly what the majority of parents wanted to have happen.
Oddly enough coddled children never become great men.

Was it him who got kicked out of school when he was coaching because he gave some he was coaching steroids? I have heard there is a wrestling coach at Jack/Wink that this happened to.

I was mocking the dumbasses who think it is okay for coaches to assault kids

C'mon man. Agreed.
It's not okay for coaches to assault kids. Coaches need boundaries.
Kids need boundaries as well. This high school kid, stumbling around inside the gas station asks me tonight, "Hey bro, do you know if pills will dissolve in pop"? The kid then 'got his feelings hurt' when another guy he asked the same question to, asked him why he wanted to mix pills and soda.
Everyone needs boundaries.

When I was in high school (1994) my football coach raged at me for not picking up a blitz in practice...he grabbed my facemask and pulled my helmet off my head...told me to run laps and when I turned to start running he threw my helmet at me and it hit me in the back of the head damn near KOing me.

I got up, put my helmet on and ran my fuqqin laps.

So what are they supposed to do?

Get another 6-year old to kick her ass. Preferably, some sort of minority and identifying as non-binary.

Hilarity ensues.

Last edited:
Everything's so soft, now. You can't even discipline other people's kids without someone yelling "assault" these days.
<{hughesimpress}>
This.

What's the world coming to when your coach can't give you a smack around the head every now and then?

I used to play rugby and if my team fucked up, we'd all have to lie face down side-by-side in the mud and then he would walk over our backs in with his studs on... And nobody gave a shit. It just wasn't fun.

Pussies everywhere.

What was the alleged assault? Did he push the kid? Smack him? Punch him?

Always thought he was a wrong'un with his adult acne and weird voice.

This further proves my point.

A level of aggression in coaching is needed. But there is a line.

When I was in high school (1994) my football coach raged at me for not picking up a blitz in practice...he grabbed my facemask and pulled my helmet off my head...told me to run laps and when I turned to start running he threw my helmet at me and it hit me in the back of the head damn near KOing me.

I got up, put my helmet on and ran my fuqqin laps.
You sound like a pussy, I would never let another man do that shit to me.

Hopefully coach Fabia can step in and finally get these kids that #1 spot.

No matter how you spin it that kid's a pussy. Even if he got put in a full nelson because of the usual A) being an asshole B) not listening to coaching C) doing something stupid...he's still a sissy for telling.

Back