Cmon....Is Venum as bad

Weird. Until this thread I hadn't heard a single complaint.

I'd heard a lot about some fighter with shorts on backwards or something like that. Maybe it was Vettori? Ya, that got a lot of attention a few weeks ago.

And I wouldn't be surprised to find out some fans were ripping.

But nope. Not one single complaint. And I'm here most days.
I've seen at least 2 threads bagging on Venum The boo birds are here. First couple of pages show this

Weird. Until this thread I hadn't heard a single complaint.

I'd heard a lot about some fighter with shorts on backwards or something like that. Maybe it was Vettori? Ya, that got a lot of attention a few weeks ago.

And I wouldn't be surprised to find out some fans were ripping.

But nope. Not one single complaint. And I'm here most days.

So I have to conclude this is a bit of a strawman.

people were complaining even before the first event. bc it looks like crap.

I've seen at least 2 threads bagging on Venum The boo birds are here. First couple of pages show this
OK, so 'at least' 2 threads.

Still, isn't that maybe 1-2% the shit Reebok got?

I will gladly admit I probably missed some threads on it, and it's not unheard of. But I say my point still stands - it's so rare it didn't need defending. Just my $.02. I'll shut up now.

I don’t care what the UFC pays their fighters... at the end of the day, the Nascar shorts looked good, and the reebok/venum shorts look ugly and bad.

It isn't about us fans caring, it's about appeasing the blue chip sponsors/media outlets of the world like Budweiser's, Miller, Modelo's, GM, Pepsi, Coke, etc of the world. You can even throw in Disney/ESPN deal they currently have. The upper crust of the world don't want their logo associated with certain other companies or even give the perception that they are associated with something they don't approve of. They have enough "Karen's" in this world to deal with. Sounds stupid, but it's the truth. Now is there ways around this that could pay the fighters more out of sponsorships, no doubt.
fuck you dont even have to go that deep lol.....its basically a known fact that Dana White hated seeing condom depot on fighters' asses and he is absolutely a petty enough fucker to axe something cus it bothers specifically him and then bury it underneath all the bullshit youre talking about.

I think the critique isn't about the design but rather the pay. Those with less experience will see a $500 per fight increase. Some UFC fighters will see a pay increase of $1,000 per fight under the Venum deal. Champ or title challengers see a $2,000 per fight increase. Keep in mind, this deal is essentially worse than the Reebok deal, because the original Reebok deal was signed 7 yrs ago, so after inflation, this deal is actually even worse.

How is it in 7 yrs, they can't even negotiate a better deal? You're telling me Dana White is so bad at negotiating that they can't get any better sponsorship deal 7 yrs later? So I thought the UFC was getting bigger & bigger every yr, so why does the sponsorship money actually decrease 7 yrs later (after inflation)

Personally I like them better than Rebook.

Venum has a history in combat sports.

They look professional and tasteful.

No cap their hoodies are fire

you forgot a lot of letters after the T.

I’m an old chunk of coal. So 2 guys buttfucking is pretty gross to me.
There is nothing could make me be like awww isn’t that sweet.

some are fans of it such as yourself and that’s fine. Although I don’t care what another human does. There are certain things that are just gross. Like black olives they really gross me out. And pickled herring. But not as bad as two guy doing hardcore gay anal sex.
I think half these posters praising the pride colors are just virtue signaling. Yawn.

Here's how hard it is: In 2020 there were 456 total bouts. That means you need to produce 912 pairs of shorts, minimum. You also need to account for fighters that pull out too late in your production process since you still have to produce those shorts too.

So you want to do 1,000 custom shorts per year. I don't think it needs to be explained the effort/cost/manpower that would actually take.
It's certainly a lot of work, but come on, it's 2021. It's clearly doable if you want to spend the time and dedicate a few graphic designers to the task at hand. You could also cap it and just say you only get to design shorts if you're in the top 15, or you only get to design 1 pair of shorts a year, etc. There's no shortage of graphic designers willing to work for cheap.

It's certainly a lot of work, but come on, it's 2021. It's clearly doable if you want to spend the time and dedicate a few graphic designers to the task at hand. You could also cap it and just say you only get to design shorts if you're in the top 15, or you only get to design 1 pair of shorts a year, etc. There's no shortage of graphic designers willing to work for cheap.

It's cute you think they can just throw a few pennies at graphic designers and it'll magically work. It's okay if you don't understand the complete process but don't say shit like that and look silly.

It's cute you think they can just throw a few pennies at graphic designers and it'll magically work. It's okay if you don't understand the complete process but don't say shit like that and look silly.
Again, it would take work and money but come on. This isn't putting a man on the moon levels of hard. Like is said, just limit it to top 15 fighters and give them only 1 custom design a year

Again, it would take work and money but come on. This isn't putting a man on the moon levels of hard. Like is said, just limit it to top 15 fighters and give them only 1 custom design a year

Let's make this more fun. Tell us exactly how many designers you are going to hire for this job.

How about ranked fighters get customized shorts? Cuts down on production, adds incentive to just bleed.

It's nice to know Chito supports the Pride/LGBT movement, or community (I don't really know what's the term). Yes, I read those rainbow colors are optional for this month of June. You can choose to have it or not, and good for Chito in showing his support.
That’s gay. No homo

There is very little difference between the shit Reebok gear and shit venom gear so far as far as I’m concerned.

andre-fili-against-the-opponent.png

1325635938.0.jpg

andre-fili-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-june-23-picture-id1325128922

Back