CM PUNK was ringside for Lawler v McDonald, should have seen the look on his face...

that's not a valid argument because anyone who's followed the sport for any decent amount of time knows that there's virtually never EVER beyond a fighter involved in a controversial decision that said "you know what... I think it was wrong, I think he beat me"

even Lyoto Machida maintains that his win over Shogun was valid. So sorry but that's not the best example you could've used.

Machida over Shogun is a far more valid result than Cathal over Spencer dude(as at least Lyoto won a few rounds arguably), and the rate of occurrence for a fighter admitting they were given a gift has no bearing on the merit of my point. It happens, if only from time to time, when the fighter in question is capable of at the very least pretending to give a shit about fight-integrity.

If Cathal isn't capable of admitting that he was the recipient of a boon he didn't deserve, he has no ground to stand on as far as Punk is concerned, imo. At least Punk has never claimed to be anything but what he is; a novice ex-pro wrestler interested in challenging himself in MMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back