CM PUNK was ringside for Lawler v McDonald, should have seen the look on his face...

I'll try to save this thread

Kj0oP0.gif

you are this threads hero

He won't be anywhere near the killers of any division.

Pretty sure any pro is a killer to a white belt, with zero fight experience.

It's going to be ugly. Win or lose. He's either going to get annihilated, or the fight will look like that one scene in Foxcatcher, where the 70 year old wrestler let's Carrell beat him.

I lost a lot of respect for CM Punk when he used the Floyd Mayweather Defense on twitter against Cathal.

"You're not a real fighter, you're a celebrity that used his fame to get into the UFC!" -Cathal

"O-oh y-yeah? W-Well I've got way more money than you!" -CM Punk

Money is not the measuring stick for everything in life. If you have hundreds of millions of dollars but read like a 5 year old *looking at you floyd* you're still far from the greatest success story in life.

and being rich sure as hell doesn't make the farce that is CM Punk using his acting fame to get into the UFC any less of a farce.

CM Punk says it's "boring" to use that insult, but it's calling a spade a spade. It is what it is. Just because it's an easy insult to use doesn't make it boring, it just means it's very VERY obvious.

In the same way it's easy to call a really fat guy fat.. it's easy to call out CM Punk being in the UFC a farce

I got your point but let's be real, they are not doing this for free and money can said to be the ultimate goal for this dudes, neither of them is gonna get by feed by their legacy, just look at Ken Shamrock and Bob Sapp.

Instead of saying he have more money Punk can say he is easily way more successful than Cathal which is true, you guys can say all the shit about WWE but not everybody succeed there and punk actually did it.

I lost a lot of respect for CM Punk when he used the Floyd Mayweather Defense on twitter against Cathal.

"You're not a real fighter, you're a celebrity that used his fame to get into the UFC!" -Cathal

"O-oh y-yeah? W-Well I've got way more money than you!" -CM Punk

Money is not the measuring stick for everything in life. If you have hundreds of millions of dollars but read like a 5 year old *looking at you floyd* you're still far from the greatest success story in life.

and being rich sure as hell doesn't make the farce that is CM Punk using his acting fame to get into the UFC any less of a farce.

CM Punk says it's "boring" to use that insult, but it's calling a spade a spade. It is what it is. Just because it's an easy insult to use doesn't make it boring, it just means it's very VERY obvious.

In the same way it's easy to call a really fat guy fat.. it's easy to call out CM Punk being in the UFC a farce

It was the perfect response from CM Punk. Let's be frank, Cathal only mentioned him for exposure/publicity. He wants that CM punk money that he's bringing to the table. It's the ONLY reason to even mention/challenge CM Punk publicly the way he did.

CM Punk understands this and it was him in fact that called "a spade a spade." Cathal wants to pick a fight with an inexperienced pro wrestler because he would make a lot of money from the fight. To get said big payday fight he starts insulting the pro wrestler about his inexperience. And so the pro wrestler, rightfully so, gloats about being richer because he knows that's what Cathal is really after here.

CM Punk even asked him earlier on twitter why he's not challenging a top 10 fighter or something and going after him instead. It's obvious to everyone why: the money.

CM Punk obliterated Cathal in this war of words. The man made a living off of this stuff. Don't let your (supposed) bias against pro wrestling deceive you here.

All that said in a fight Cathal would very, very likely destroy CM Punk.

It was the perfect response from CM Punk. Let's be frank, Cathal only mentioned him for exposure/publicity. He wants that CM punk money that he's bringing to the table. It's the ONLY reason to even mention/challenge CM Punk publicly the way he did.

CM Punk understands this and it was him in fact that called "a spade a spade." Cathal wants to pick a fight with an inexperienced pro wrestler because he would make a lot of money from the fight. To get said big payday fight he starts insulting the pro wrestler about his inexperience. And so the pro wrestler, rightfully so, gloats about being richer because he knows that's what Cathal is really after here.

CM Punk even asked him earlier on twitter why he's not challenging a top 10 fighter or something and going after him instead. It's obvious to everyone why: the money.

CM Punk obliterated Cathal in this war of words. The man made a living off of this stuff. Don't let your (supposed) bias against pro wrestling deceive you here.

Glad someone else understands it. I wasn't a fan of them signing CM. I thought it was laughable. Want to know what's even weaker? Guys like Carl looking for an easy payday. What is he like 5 or 6 fights in his UFC career now? And you're calling out a noob, instead of someone higher than you in the rankings to further your own career?

And all to beat up a known commodity so you can make more money. Shameful. Maybe you could hit the pads and heavy bag some more, Carl. You punch slow like you're underwater. Don't think you'll be knocking out anyone with your uppercut of doom anytime soon.

Or he could wreck Brandon Thatch and throw egg on your face and fucken embarrass you, which is what will likely happen.

Then you'll pretend as though you never made these posts.

lol - you are one of the worst trolls on this board.

yes...I will be so embarrassed, despite not talking smack about Brooks, and merely suggesting that it is possible he never steps into the cage, which is what has happened with countless athletes who have claimed to want to try MMA.

pics plsssssssssssssssssssss

edit thanks guy who added it

I think he knows what he's getting into. The look on his face? It could have been the same look everyone else had when that fight ended. Holy Shit!! That doesn't mean he's regretting his decision. Win or lose, the dude knows what's up.

Kj0oP0.gif

Why is CM Punk just sitting there with some little black boy? Shouldn't he be trying to locate his parents instead of being wrapped up in some stupid MMA fight?? What an asshole.

Kj0oP0.gif

Appreciate the save Luger.

What a letdown though after all of the buildup in this thread he's just standing there smiling and clapping. No wonder TS didn't post a pic.

Serves the dumbass right for not going down the route of getting amateur fights and lower level pro fights before jumping into the UFC. Like a stupid asshole he wanted all the fame and glory straight away without realizing it has to be earned.

Now the UFC is going to have to sign someone specifically for him to make it an even fight. We all know anyone who got to the UFC legitimately on their skills is going to fucking whip his ass.

Or he could wreck Brandon Thatch and throw egg on your face and fucken embarrass you, which is what will likely happen.

Then you'll pretend as though you never made these posts.

You know what amazes me even more than your stupidity........ the fact that the name George Jetson was still available last month.

I got your point but let's be real, they are not doing this for free and money can said to be the ultimate goal for this dudes, neither of them is gonna get by feed by their legacy, just look at Ken Shamrock and Bob Sapp.

Instead of saying he have more money Punk can say he is easily way more successful than Cathal which is true, you guys can say all the shit about WWE but not everybody succeed there and punk actually did it.

Obviously they don't do it for free and I also get your point and agree to an extent but I think most people would agree that money is only part of the reason people do stuff (no matter what that "stuff" might be)

like if you said "natman.. i'll give you 2 choices: You can make 100 million a year as a car salesman or I'll give you 1 million dollars a year to write fiction"

believe it or not, i'm taking the latter. Why? Because making very good money doing something you love is way better than making fantastic money doing something you don't want to do

and let me take this one step further, there are other reasons than pure money that people do stuff. It's true that legacies don't pay the bills but they still mean something to a lot of people.

Honor, legacy, living their dreams, those things can be just as important to a person as money.

So if you ask someone like GSP "would you rather get a few million (or whatever decent amount) per fight to try to be the best MMA fighter of all time or would you rather get 10x as much to be a laughing stock like bob sapp that takes dives and everyone makes fun of him?"

I think he'd take the lesser money. Some people would take less money if it meant they could be "the best" some people would take less money if it meant they could be "the champion"

same goes for setting records

The olympics are a great example of this. Most olympic athletes know damn well they're not going to get rich from the olympics (see ronda's story pre-MMA) but they do it anyway, sometimes they even give up money making opportunities to do it.

Why? Because it's they're dream and life is about more than just money

There is about an 80+% chance that you're right, but there is a small chance that there's more to it than cathal just looking for a big payday.

You automatically say "he's calling CM Punk out FOR MONEY!" (or at least for the fame of it)

But what about the fact that some people want to fight CM Punk just to prove a point? There are some people that take the sport very seriously from both a sport and an art perspective

barn cat recently said just yesterday when he resigned with the UFC that he wanted to get back into the "the sport of MMA" instead of being in the "MMA sports entertainment" business (ie bellator)

call it a "purist"
call it whatever you want but some people take the idea of being a mixed martial artist very seriously and the idea that the UFC is supposed to be the elite of the MMA world, they take that very seriously too.

So you've got a guy like Cathal, who gets into the UFC, and he may never be a champion quality guy but he can say with his head held up high that he is truly a "UFC caliber fighter" cause he made it into the UFC, and that alone is something he can brag about for the rest of his life.

Well someone like CM Punk comes along and cheapens that by whoring his way in with fame.
It makes the thing that Cathal is so proud of seem less important (like someone could say "so what you got into the UFC? So did CM Punk! lol!!!")

obviously only an idiot would actually say that but still... it does put it in the back of people's mind.

The prestige of the UFC has been slightly tainted by CM Punk (as it was in some ways tainted by Brock Lesnar before he proved he could actually fight the champion at the time and win----and even then some people said that just showed how weak ufc fighters are)

and this fact makes people hate CM Punk, it makes the guys who actually earned their way into the UFC (the old fashion way) want to line up to kick his ass.

You say it's about the money only, or the fame. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of UFC fighters that would be happy to fight CM Punk behind closed doors, for free. Just for the privilege of kicking his ass

I think many people in the audience and watching the PPV had the same exact face, because that fight was brutal. It rare to see two top fighters like that both suffer so much damage. Robbie won the fight and he looked like he got jumped and stomped on.

There is about an 80+% chance that you're right, but there is a small chance that there's more to it than cathal just looking for a big payday.

You automatically say "he's calling CM Punk out FOR MONEY!" (or at least for the fame of it)

But what about the fact that some people want to fight CM Punk just to prove a point? There are some people that take the sport very seriously from both a sport and an art perspective

barn cat recently said just yesterday when he resigned with the UFC that he wanted to get back into the "the sport of MMA" instead of being in the "MMA sports entertainment" business (ie bellator)

call it a "purist"
call it whatever you want but some people take the idea of being a mixed martial artist very seriously and the idea that the UFC is supposed to be the elite of the MMA world, they take that very seriously too.

So you've got a guy like Cathal, who gets into the UFC, and he may never be a champion quality guy but he can say with his head held up high that he is truly a "UFC caliber fighter" cause he made it into the UFC, and that alone is something he can brag about for the rest of his life.

Well someone like CM Punk comes along and cheapens that by whoring his way in with fame.
It makes the thing that Cathal is so proud of seem less important (like someone could say "so what you got into the UFC? So did CM Punk! lol!!!")

obviously only an idiot would actually say that but still... it does put it in the back of people's mind.

The prestige of the UFC has been slightly tainted by CM Punk (as it was in some ways tainted by Brock Lesnar before he proved he could actually fight the champion at the time and win----and even then some people said that just showed how weak ufc fighters are)

and this fact makes people hate CM Punk, it makes the guys who actually earned their way into the UFC (the old fashion way) want to line up to kick his ass.

You say it's about the money only, or the fame. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of UFC fighters that would be happy to fight CM Punk behind closed doors, for free. Just for the privilege of kicking his ass

If Cathal is that upset by handouts in the sport that one didn't earn, and is so ready to defend the integrity of said sport, one would think he'd not have been such an arrogant twatfuck after he was gifted his win over Spencer.

Just saying.

If Cathal is that upset by handouts in the sport that one didn't earn, and is so ready to defend the integrity of said sport, one would think he'd not have been such an arrogant twatfuck after he was gifted his win over Spencer.

Just saying.

that's not a valid argument because anyone who's followed the sport for any decent amount of time knows that there's virtually never EVER beyond a fighter involved in a controversial decision that said "you know what... I think it was wrong, I think he beat me"

even Lyoto Machida maintains that his win over Shogun was valid. So sorry but that's not the best example you could've used.

Back