(CLIP) Every taunt/showboat in the Cruz/Garbrandt fight

Awesome. After 207 I can't wait for Cody vs TJ that's gonna be a fun fight

If I land 20 strikes, and you land 10, 15 of mine were feelers and 5 were solid, meanwhile you land 9 solid and only 1 feeler - my volume matters.

That's all I'm saying. A few solid shots doesn't outweigh workrate throughout a round.

1, 2 and 5.
But it says exactly the opposite in the scoring criteria. 9 solid strikes weighs more than 5 solid and 15 pitter patter.

Your opinion isn't fact. You're scoring fights incorrectly.

No surprise from a Diaz fan boy
121915-UFC-Fight-Night-Nate-Diaz-taunts-Michael-Johnson-PI.vresize.1200.675.high_.31.jpg

Yeah, "wrecked" me bro.

Let's play by your rules. I'm pretty sure Cruz got butted right?

So Cody didn't get "damaged" at all right?

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol those are scratches from the gloves. show a picture of Dominic right now I guarantee you it is 20 times worse than that.

If I land 20 strikes, and you land 10, 15 of mine were feelers and 5 were solid, meanwhile you land 9 solid and only 1 feeler - my volume matters.

That's all I'm saying. A few solid shots doesn't outweigh workrate throughout a round.

1, 2 and 5.

Yes it does.....watch BJMs breakdown of the new rules of scoring a fight. He specifically addresses this topic and how damaging and hard strikes count far more even if there is less volume. Cruz was not effectively landing much, Cody was landing the hard strikes which were also the strikes that affected the pace and flow of the fight. Clear win by COdy

Yes it does.....watch BJMs breakdown of the new rules of scoring a fight. He specifically addresses this topic and how damaging and hard strikes count far more even if there is less volume. Cruz was not effectively landing at all, Cody was landing the hard strikes which were also the srikes that affected the pace and flow of the fight.
New rules aren't active yet though, so even if your point is correct, it's not yet relevant.

Great performance by cody and damn cruz has a chin i dont see dillashaw eat so many shots

instead pussies like you sit by and go ha ha, you got a fucked up face, nah nah nah nah, when Cody's face is pretty fucked up too.
What in the world are u on about, brah?

Who the hell was laughing at Dom? He fought well and his chin is granite. That doesnt change what i saw. Him getting beaten(borderline dominated) still stands. The Judges, codys corner, doms corner, the crowd, and dom himself knew he had lost before the result was announced.

My bad that me viewing the fight realistically ..in YOUR mind translates into "ha ha, you got a fucked up face".

Calling me a pussy for stating the obvious smh.
Its apparent you're emotionally vulnerable at the moment. Maybe you shouldnt discuss or rewatch the fight untill you've simmered down, brah.

Last edited:

Dom will hate watching the replay of this fight. He got clowned HARD! So much for winning all the trash talk leading up to the fight and being all up in Cody's head. That stuff didn't matter at all once they got in the cage.

New rules aren't active yet though, so even if your point is correct, it's not yet relevant.
The "new rules" are a clarification of language used. Damage over volume was amended in Aug 2015 and adopted Jan 2016 and 'damage' has always been in the criteria, despite that word not actually being used.

Well I guess Dillashaw beat Cruz in your book then?
Whenever you have no Logical rebuttal, you ask a deflective question. smh.

I scored that fight for Dom, but it was a much closer and hard to judge fight then 207.
Doms workrate and Footwork actually showed to be effective in against Dillashaw.

Cody was unfazed by everything that Dom used to squeeze out the decision vs Dillashaw. And Cody shutdown alot of Doms antics with his minimal yet precise movements and striking.

I came in wanting to see Cruz embarrass ole neck tat, and left a fan of Cody. That was one of the funnest fights ive ever seen.
Mad props to Dom for never quitting, but Cody went Matrix Silva on him

Dom isn't scoring the fight. Fighters who get knocked down several times and leave the cage covered in blood normally think they lost.

You think if Dom had squeezed a draw he'd have turned around and said "I thought I lost" ? I don't see it.

Damage is not a scoring criteria by the way.

This is 100% incorrect. Read the link to Herb Dean's website in my sig.

Were you not here for the whole thing about how the the ABC doesn't want to call it "damage" for image/liability reasons?

They went over this when they clarified the rules a couple years ago. Then they went over it again in 2016 because apparently some people still didn't get it:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/5...ce-and-changes-to-mma-unified-rules-explained

Back