(CLIP) Every taunt/showboat in the Cruz/Garbrandt fight

So The Natural Born Runner doesn't know how to score fights or what the judging criteria are. Disregard him until he studies up on the sport he is posting about.

Dude, read more, watch more fights, and post less. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your ignorance isn't the same as my facts.

Cool story bro.

Lol, you got wrecked. Seriously, read the rules.

There was another amendment to the scoring language made Tuesday to reflect that immediate impact (damage) is weighed heavier than cumulative impact. In other words, one or two very damaging blows in a round are worth more than a volume of strikes that don't do as much damage.

Lol, you got wrecked. Seriously, read the rules.
Yeah, "wrecked" me bro.

Let's play by your rules. I'm pretty sure Cruz got butted right?

So Cody didn't get "damaged" at all right?

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow... That was a long video... Must have felt fucking awful to get cucked like that for your belt.

Dom isn't scoring the fight. Fighters who get knocked down several times and leave the cage covered in blood normally think they lost.

You think if Dom had squeezed a draw he'd have turned around and said "I thought I lost" ? I don't see it.

Damage is not a scoring criteria by the way.

stop the talking and actually rewatch the fight.

Dom got outclassed from the start to finish. Sure his output was enough to win a round(maybe 2)
He was never an effective aggressor though, never found a flow and was on his ass a couple times wondering how he got there. It was the first time his awkward angle swing punches looked noneffective.

Dom himself knows he got outclassed by Cody, he was very classy in defeat.
You gotta remove whatever veil of bias you're watching the fight through, brah.

Yeah, "wrecked" me bro.

maxresdefault.jpg

Several weak strikes don't add up to a couple hard impactful strikes. Plus, by this point the judges already decided lol.

Take this as a learning opportunity, tuck your ego between your legs, admit you don't know the rules of MMA, and grow your knowledge.

Dom got outclassed from the start to finish. Sure his output was enough to win a round(maybe 2)
He was never an effective aggressor though, never found a flow and was on his ass a couple times wondering how he got there. It was the first time his awkward angle swing punches looked noneffective.

That guy doesn't even know how to score a fight.

Yeah, "wrecked" me bro.

maxresdefault.jpg

Codys injuries look like mine after my gf caught my cheating Iphone msgs. A little red and scratched up.

dominick-cruz-ufc-207.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

whenever a fighter has to wear the Ray Charles glasses after a scrap you know his face looks jacked.

Yeah "outclassed", yet landed more strikes in every round and arguably won 3 rounds.

Yup, guess Conor "outclassed" Nate too.

I don't really understand the taunts.

He isn't really renowned for it, it's not like a staple of his mental game.

I know he had a small beef with Cruz, but it wasn't some ridiculous vendetta like a Rousey/Tate or Jones/Cormier. At first it appeared to be mental games, but after a while he just became corny, seemed forced and might have even cost him a finish.

I honestly feel like his confidence in there swayed the judges for rounds 1-3, which were all close in my eyes.

He was likely continuing to taunt Cruz to get in his head and prove he wasn't intimidated by him and his pointfighting pitter-patter style. Cody is from Team Alpha Male after all who have long been critical of Cruz's fighting style. Any judge swayed by taunting is an idiot, but judges are often possibly swayed by Cruz just moving around a lot in past fights. We've seen judges give the edge to the guy bouncing around more but not actually doing more before. But even without the taunting Cody was getting the better of Cruz. Hell, you could just as easily say that judges give champions the benefit of the doubt in rounds they should have lost as we've seen that before.

There's no way round 3 was close or that that fight was a draw. You're not of those guys that didn't actually read the scoring criteria and ignores things like the heaviness of strikes and mistakenly thinks all strikes are to be counted equally are you? There was nothing close about that fight. Rounds 1 and 2 were competitive, but Cody won both. Even the commentators were talking about that. Round 3 was nowhere near close. Cody landed several heavy flurries and stuffed Cruz's takedown attempts. About the only thing Cruz could land were a couple inside leg kicks. Plus, Cody dropped Cruz in that round. How can you think that round was close when Cody dropped Cruz and even without the drop was winning the round?

Codys injuries look like mine after my gf caught my cheating Iphone msgs. A little red and scratched up.

hqdefault.jpg

whenever a fighter has to wear the Ray Charles glasses after a scrap you know his face looks jacked.
Yeah, he had a bad cut, do you not respect that it can happen in a fight?

I give more props for fighting through that shit, instead pussies like you sit by and go ha ha, you got a fucked up face, nah nah nah nah, when Cody's face is pretty fucked up too.

Was this from a headbutt thoug

hqdefault.jpg

He got a bad cut, is normal.

I give up on you.

I Will Cut You is absolutely right. Read the rules. Effective striking is determined first and foremost by the heaviness of strikes landed, not by the #. Only when that is determined to be equal are the # of strikes landed considered. No sane person counts a glancing punch as the same as a hard punch and that is clearly reflected in the scoring criteria. Even if you're going by the # of strikes landed, who landed more is debatable, but when it comes to who landed more strikes that weren't glancing or deflected, that clearly belongs to Cody. Go read the scoring criteria. This isn't Olympic boxing.

Yeah "outclassed", yet landed more strikes in every round and arguably won 3 rounds.

Yup, guess Conor "outclassed" Nate too.
Terrible attempt at a sarcastic deflection.

Either your pride is too strong to watch the fight realistically, or you cant judge fights for shit.

There's been hundreds of decision wins where the fighter that won landed less strikes overall. If you watched 207 you can clearly see that the Cruz vs Cody fight was actually a beautiful example of exactly how that happens.

You're doing paperwork calculations instead of watching. Its not like it was a controversial decision either. lol.

I Will Cut You is absolutely right. Read the rules. Effective striking is determined first and foremost by the heaviness of strikes landed, not by the #. Only when that is determined to be equal are the # of strikes landed considered. No sane person counts a glancing punch as the same as a hard punch and that is clearly reflected in the scoring criteria. Even if you're going by the # of strikes landed, who landed more is debatable, but when it comes to who landed more strikes that weren't glancing or deflected, that clearly belongs to Cody. Go read the scoring criteria. This isn't Olympic boxing.
If I land 20 strikes, and you land 10, 15 of mine were feelers and 5 were solid, meanwhile you land 9 solid and only 1 feeler - my volume matters.

That's all I'm saying. A few solid shots doesn't outweigh workrate throughout a round.

1, 2 and 5.

F##K, that was impressive. I really enjoyed watching that fight, Cody is great to watch

Terrible attempt at a sarcastic deflection.

Either your pride is too strong to watch the fight realistically, or you cant judge fights for shit.

There's been hundreds of decision wins where the fighter that won landed less strikes overall. If you watched 207 you can clearly see that the Cruz vs Cody fight was actually a beautiful example of exactly how that happens.

You're doing paperwork calculations instead of watching. Its not like it was a controversial decision either. lol.
I never once cried robbery, I simply said it could be 3 rounds for Cruz and therefore a draw.

Anyone who says that is impossible, themselves, cannot judge fights.

Back