(CLIP) Every taunt/showboat in the Cruz/Garbrandt fight

God damn garbrant beat cruzs ass and mocked him at the same damn time. Cruz was the last leg of my parlay to win about five units and I didn't even think of hedging because I really felt cruz was going to dominate Cody.

I like how showing just taunts results in an entire rounds worth of fight footage.

About to rewatch it, but are you telling me there is no way Cruz could have won 1, 2 and 5?

What is so ludicrous about that?
No way Cruz won 1, at best he won 2 and 5, and lost a 10-8 round.

Hard strikes that land with impact (damage) are first and foremost in scoring criteria.

He didnt want to finish the fight by decision and he was actually a bit disappointed that he did not get the knockout. Cody is talented but thick. That's why he was bragging and making those stupid moves when he dropped Cruz down instead of finishing him. He's not a very bright guy.

I thought Cody was brilliant. He was composed, didn't lose his mind like many claimed, drew Cruz into his orbit with a strategy that required him to fight his fight, counter punched him with superior boxing and heavy hands, and nullified his movement. Cruz was left having to come to him, with little power, to make up points on the score card and Cody just waited for him/countered.

About to rewatch it, but are you telling me there is no way Cruz could have won 1, 2 and 5?

What is so ludicrous about that?

I think it's fair to give Cruz two rounds at the most. I don't know where this third round is coming from. Cody knew he had the fight in the bag and just goofed off in the 5th, which I think is the only reason Cruz managed the two rounds I credited him for. Not saying that actually matters or anything.

No way Cruz won 1, at best he won 2 and 5, and lost a 10-8 round.

Hard strikes that land with impact (damage) are first and foremost in scoring criteria.
2 judges gave him Round 1, I'm obviously not alone.

He out-landed him 20-12. In fact he outlanded him in every round lol.

Some of the most impressive performances in recent memory have come from TAM. Dillashaw beating Barao and Cody beating Dominick. 2 once in a lifetime performances.

I think it's fair to give Cruz two rounds at the most. I don't know where this third round is coming from. Cody knew he had the fight in the bag and just goofed off in the 5th, which I think is the only reason Cruz managed the two rounds I credited him for. Not saying that actually matters or anything.
Well it was a close round (3rd round), Cody staggered him with one shot, remainder of the round he circled and did very little. Dominick landed more in that round also.

I personally scored the third round to Cody, and so did all 3 judges.

BUT ONE JUDGE SCORED THE 5TH TO CODY!!!?!?!?!?!?

I think Dom won 1, 2 and 5 - draw for me, and that is not a crazy claim.

Well it was a close round (3rd round), Cody staggered him with one shot, remainder of the round he circled and did very little. Dominick landed more in that round also.

I personally scored the third round to Cody, and so did all 3 judges.

BUT ONE JUDGE SCORED THE 5TH TO CODY!!!?!?!?!?!?

I think Dom won 1, 2 and 5 - draw for me, and that is not a crazy claim.

That's obviously retarded. Goofball judges will be goofballs.

2 judges gave him Round 1, I'm obviously not alone.

He out-landed him 20-12. In fact he outlanded him in every round lol.

Using judges like Tony Weeks as evidence is a massive failure.

Again, amount of strikes landed isn't primary judging criteria. Damage is. Cody landed better, harder shots than Dom.

For fucks sake Dom even said he lost.

Using judges like Tony Weeks as evidence is a massive failure.

Again, amount of strikes landed isn't primary judging criteria. Damage is. Cody landed better, harder shots than Dom.

For fucks sake Dom even said he lost.
Dom isn't scoring the fight. Fighters who get knocked down several times and leave the cage covered in blood normally think they lost.

You think if Dom had squeezed a draw he'd have turned around and said "I thought I lost" ? I don't see it.

Damage is not a scoring criteria by the way.

Anyone who thinks Cruz won that fight, or even drew, needs to watch that

The breakdancing, the press ups, he got humiliated, and it was wonderful

Damage is not a scoring criteria by the way.
Yeah it is, neophyte.

The word "damage" was removed in the official new language in an amendment made Tuesday after opposition from the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board (NJSACB) and others like Bellator director of regulatory affairs Cory Schafer. The word "impact" will replace it, because it is more palatable.

That being said, the word "damage" will still be used in judges training — and it always has been. "Damage" has never been written in the Unified Rules, but it has always been understood that it's exactly what judges are looking for. It's a fight after all. NJSACB commissioner Larry Hazzard has said that if he needs to explain to judges that they are looking for damage, then they shouldn't be judges. It should be obvious.

There was another amendment to the scoring language made Tuesday to reflect that immediate impact (damage) is weighed heavier than cumulative impact. In other words, one or two very damaging blows in a round are worth more than a volume of strikes that don't do as much damage.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mmaf...ied-rules-explained?client=ms-android-verizon

Get a clue, shitposter.

Cody clearly won, but it wasn't like Cruz got annihilated, he won two close rounds and cut/banged up Cody's face a little.

The better man on the night won, but it wasn't a beatdown/destruction/dismantling - I think the taunting + commentary made it seem like Cody was outlanding when in reality Cruz was landing more (just Cody was landing harder shots, which is why he deserved to win).

Back