Citations & arrests plummeting in New York after the murder of Officer Ramos and Liu

I'm assuming it's pro-law enforcement sentiment. I can't think of what else it could be, but I'd like to hear it.

Yea. Many on the right worship the law enforcement portion of the state while ranting about the evils of statism. I find it odd myself. I think all forms of institutionalized power need proper oversight and checks and balances.

I don't even think it's small local government vs big central government. They just are fascinated with the men and women in blue. We, as a nation, are also big on retributive justice. Perhaps it has something to do with our brand of morality.

I'd like to know why most strongly anti-union posters have not come down on this reprehensible behavior of late.

Because if you have to choose a side these alinsky style protest meant to stir sentiment against police as a whole are wrong. Are there problems with police, yes but they are trying to make it seem as though police have an open season just to kill blacks. It's the same thing as the occupy bullshit, nobody liked the scam wallstreet banks pulled but you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to join the occupy idiots.

Yea. Many on the right worship the law enforcement portion of the state while ranting about the evils of statism. I find it odd myself. I think all forms of institutionalized power need proper oversight and checks and balances.

I don't even think it's small local government vs big central government. They just are fascinated with the men and women in blue. We, as a nation, are also big on retributive justice. Perhaps it has something to do with our brand of morality.

There are many inconsistencies on many issues from both parties

I think your worship description is off base, policing it's a necessary evil, policing is done at a local level, hell the top sheriff (in Texas anyway) is an elected position. Like I just said there are obviously problems but the shit going on now sure isn't going to help anything.
Another thing is they are trying to demonize cops in general, most everyone has a friend that a cop so it gets a little personal for most people. nhbear might be the coolest poster on this whole board, I think about guys like him protectandserve, Charlie Brown when everyone is taking a shit on police, a little white knighting is justified in my opinion.

The shit thats going on isn't organic, makes you kind of wonder what the end goal is here. Federalize everything? Civilian army like obama talked about? Separate set of laws for minorities?

Last edited:
Time to start cancelling those free coffee's and donuts at local businesses.

Time to start cancelling those free coffee's and donuts at local businesses.

Whoa! Wait, let's not do anything hasty. You take my free coffee and I will not even leave H fucking Q. I will stay by the office K-cup machine and grumble into my holiday blend, that according to the packaging "has notes of spice."

A statement many people, even other police officers, consider not unjustified.

Mayor De Blasio's son, Dante, is not likely to ever be in a situation where he is going to be mistaken for a thug or criminal. Despite what people think, there are more factors than simply skin color. And even if he truly felt that way, is that a responsible sentiment to air to the public, and in that manner? He could have said that there are concerns that the NYPD must take into consideration and look at policies....instead of saying that I am afraid my son will be killed by the NYPD because he is black.

Whoa! Wait, let's not do anything hasty. You take my free coffee and I will not even leave H fucking Q. I will stay by the office K-cup machine and grumble into my holiday blend, that according to the packaging "has notes of spice."

It benefits the business too dummy. If there is a cop in your business most of the day then nobody will be robbing you. Also some people just like cops and firemen because they aren't assholes.

^ So much gold right here.

A guy who sucks cop **** is insulting a cop.

Well, at least something good came out of this, I suppose. Probably won't last all that long though, unfortunately.

Because if you have to choose a side these alinsky style protest meant to stir sentiment against police as a whole are wrong. Are there problems with police, yes but they are trying to make it seem as though police have an open season just to kill blacks. It's the same thing as the occupy bullshit, nobody liked the scam wallstreet banks pulled but you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to join the occupy idiots.

heh, been a long time since Alinsky has come up. I find his ideals of civil disobedience often parallel those of Jesus.

You seem to be against pretty much any protest, unless it's some hick in a dick waving contest with the feds. Care to clarify? Occupy Wallstreet and the latest protests don't seem to have much at all in common to me.

I don't see how cops not bothering citizens over petty BS and instead focusing on real criminals is a bad thing. Fuck City Hall. If every cop was a card carrying libertarian, the world would be a better place.

heh, been a long time since Alinsky has come up. I find his ideals of civil disobedience often parallel those of Jesus.

You seem to be against pretty much any protest, unless it's some hick in a dick waving contest with the feds. Care to clarify? Occupy Wallstreet and the latest protests don't seem to have much at all in common to me.

Jesus? he dedicated his book to lucifer
The parallels between occupy and this are there but that wasn't my point.
Both groups have some valid points, neither group is doing anything productive to try and address their grievances, quite the contrary actually. You's have to be an idiot to fall in line with either of these protest.
Alinsky taught that in some cases activists must be completely willing

Jesus? he dedicated his book to lucifer
The parallels between occupy and this are there but that wasn't my point.
Both groups have some valid points, neither group is doing anything productive to try and address their grievances, quite the contrary actually. You's have to be an idiot to fall in line with either of these protest.

What you quoted is nearly directly out of the Jesus playbook. I don't have a problem with protesters playing a little dirty. Let's not pretend there are not provocateurs and other state and federal agents undermining them at every opportunity. I've caught a number of them myself. The cops play dirty too. It's a dirty game. In addition to the undercovers and troublemakers, cops use tactics meant to incite, such as we saw in Ferguson. Draw a circle and squeeze, and you'll get the trouble you seek in order to break the protest with violence.

It sounds like you're demonizing the protests not just because of tactics, but because of people. I get that there are inconsistencies in the crowd, both logical and moral. But trust me, being involved in plenty of protests when I was younger, this is absolutely unavoidable. Douchebags, impoverished socialites, airheads, hypocrites, the sexually confused, and whatever other judgmental term one can lay upon them- protests tend to be stuffed full of these people. Protests attract a lot of- those misfits who are taken over the edge of day-to-day civility by current events.

Don't make the mistake of judging a protest by the fringe attitudes you find within them. Plenty of perfectly normal, responsible, shit-together people also protest alongside the misfits. The greatest example we have of misfits making a huge positive difference was the 60's, through protest to gain civil rights for blacks and women, and to end war. You think the blacks in those protests were, on average, highly educated? Do you think the flower children had their shit together? Not on par, no. There were plenty of effective organizers back then, and plenty of people with their shit together. But from what I know from talking to my elders, the ass of the mass was made from the misfits.

What you quoted is nearly directly out of the Jesus playbook. I don't have a problem with protesters playing a little dirty. Let's not pretend there are not provocateurs and other state and federal agents undermining them at every opportunity. I've caught a number of them myself. The cops play dirty too. It's a dirty game. In addition to the undercovers and troublemakers, cops use tactics meant to incite, such as we saw in Ferguson. Draw a circle and squeeze, and you'll get the trouble you seek in order to break the protest with violence.

It sounds like you're demonizing the protests not just because of tactics, but because of people. I get that there are inconsistencies in the crowd, both logical and moral. But trust me, being involved in plenty of protests when I was younger, this is absolutely unavoidable. Douchebags, impoverished socialites, airheads, hypocrites, the sexually confused, and whatever other judgmental term one can lay upon them- protests tend to be stuffed full of these people. Protests attract a lot of- those misfits who are taken over the edge of day-to-day civility by current events.

Don't make the mistake of judging a protest by the fringe attitudes you find within them. Plenty of perfectly normal, responsible, shit-together people also protest alongside the misfits. The greatest example we have of misfits making a huge positive difference was the 60's, through protest to gain civil rights for blacks and women, and to end war. You think the blacks in those protests were, on average, highly educated? Do you think the flower children had their shit together? Not on par, no. There were plenty of effective organizers back then, and plenty of people with their shit together. But from what I know from talking to my elders, the ass of the mass was made from the misfits.

Then we'll leave it at that, you ask (obviously because you couldn't understand the mentality) of people that might not normally side with unions therefor how could they not be vocal and object to the cops pissing match with the mayor. You call the cops actions reprehensible, they think the mayors actions were reprehensible.

The bottom line is the mayor has decided to fan the fire and choose the side of the protestors, escalating the ordeal to the point where 2 cops were murdered. Both sides can be wrong but they can't both be right. I personally don't want to even see the type protest you spoke of and I sure as hell ain't going to participate in it.

Back