• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ciryl Gane vs. Francis Ngannou - Is this one of the biggest HW fights ever?

Is this one of the biggest HW fights ever?

• Total voters
Recency bias.. This is just another fight
Again this isn’t remotely true. It’s 2 giant hw’s steamrolling their way through the competition meeting at their peaks. There aren’t a lot of comparables.

Nope. Even couture vs Silvia felt bigger. All of Lesnar’s fights had more hype.

Nope. Even couture vs Silvia felt bigger. All of Lesnar’s fights had more hype.
I didn't see the TS talk about marketing or predicted PPV sales.

My presumption was that he was asking if it was one of the biggest, most important, and most anticipated HW championship bouts among hardcore fans who follow the sport.

Child, please!
I don't dislike either fighter, but let us be real here!!!
One just got the belt.
The other is just an up and comer who was pushed hard to the top because the top is stale and mediocre at best.

this has NOTHING to do with the biggest ever no way you look at it.
That's basically every UFC HW champion ever.

Historically either…..
Nah, I don't see these guys doing great against many of the old guard. I think Ngannou would have a bad night against prime Hunt for one.

Again this isn’t remotely true. It’s 2 giant hw’s steamrolling their way through the competition meeting at their peaks. There aren’t a lot of comparables.

I am not saying it won't be a good or entertaining fight...But there were a number of UFC fights over the years ..Not to mention Pride HW fights that had a "bigger" feel.

If you are talking literally about physical size it may be that they weigh the most combined.

XoCy7MD.jpg

Nah, I don't see these guys doing great against many of the old guard. I think Ngannou would have a bad night against prime Hunt for one.
When exactly was prime hunt?

many of the old guard would get obliterated.

I am not saying it won't be a good or entertaining fight...But there were a number of UFC fights over the years ..Not to mention Pride HW fights that had a "bigger" feel.

If you are talking literally about physical size it may be that they weigh the most combined.
I don’t know what bigger feel means. I suspect this will sell better than most non Brock hw fights. And will have big anticipation and coverage.

It's been a while since there was true anticipation for a heavyweight title fight

That's basically every UFC HW champion ever.
heh... indeed!
I forget that not long ago people were calling Miocic the HW GOAT because he broke the amazing record of 3 title defenses.....

lol guy with 0 title defenses vs guy with 0 title fights.

Yup. Biggest title fight ever in HW history.

/UFC bullshit hype machine for every PPV

There’s a clear way to beat Francis. Stick and move.

This fight reminds me of the hype level of Stipe vs Francis 2 both guys have clear ways to win.

Cain vs JDS was like 2 unbeatable titans back in the day.

Not saying this fight isn’t insane and awesome I just don’t think it’s one of the greatest of all time

Ok but how were they unbeatble when they were beaten alrdy jds lost Cain almost got kod bye Kongo like 3 time didn't have many mma fight Francis KOd Cain same way Kongo rocked cane he just had way more power n finish him

Any1 can be beat if Francis KOs game like I see then how fuck any1 gonna beat him answer me that plz Game been hit by volkov rozenstrike even Lewis if he get hit by Francis it night night or serious swelling n then final KO after eye shut wut I see this wut I see like blade fight dr stoppage if let go on BAD for game very bad

Ok but how were they unbeatble when they were beaten alrdy jds lost Cain almost got kod bye Kongo like 3 time didn't have many mma fight Francis KOd Cain same way Kongo rocked cane he just had way more power n finish him

Any1 can be beat if Francis KOs game like I see then how fuck any1 gonna beat him answer me that plz Game been hit by volkov rozenstrike even Lewis if he get hit by Francis it night night or serious swelling n then final KO after eye shut wut I see this wut I see like blade fight dr stoppage if let go on BAD for game very bad
I like this fight, it’s a fun fight....
But Cain almost lost is a huge disappointment? But Ngannou losing just doesn’t count? Sorta hypocritical logic.
The Cain vs JDS hype was absolutely insane. Discrediting it isn’t reasonable.

I like this fight, it’s a fun fight....
But Cain almost lost is a huge disappointment? But Ngannou losing just doesn’t count? Sorta hypocritical logic.
The Cain vs JDS hype was absolutely insane. Discrediting it isn’t reasonable.

Francis lost decisions we all kno judges suck I no even count Zoumana n beast fight r no reflect francis skill at allgimme break Cain got rocked n almost knocked out never francis ever look like he gonn get knocked out EVER n he been hit harder then cane his chin GRANITE he has beats fight that was a draw my eyes judges suck he avenge stipe loss n he lost by decision n hurt stipe very very bad busted his eye even that first fight the other fight vs cisse wasn’t even mma it was mix rules n I thought nGannou was robbed also he was 1-0 n cisse was 7-0 I think he won that fight cisse was so tired after fight nGannou was. Fresh fight was only 2 rd not 3

In my eyes nGannou only has 1 real loss n he avenge that allrdy BRUTALLY

he beat Cain n jds 2 easy those fights were cool but this is next lvl Striker v striker instead wrestle v strike

Last edited:
Back