• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ciryl Gane vs. Francis Ngannou - Is this one of the biggest HW fights ever?

Is this one of the biggest HW fights ever?

• Total voters
Im not really all that hyped for it to be honest. Should be a good scrap, but I thought Miocic Vs Cormier was far bigger. Perhaps I'm an idiot.
They had bigger legacy, but both were past their prime.

Ngannou vs Gane is two phenomenal fighters facing each other at their peak.
I think people will realize in a couple of years of big that fight was.

All of you are absolutely delusional in this thread. This isn’t even a top 10 HW fight in terms of hype and public appeal.

it’s a solid heavyweight title fight.
nah, it's rightly one of the bigger and more compelling fights. it's certainly been a while since we've had a matchup with 2 hw's at this level at this point of their careers (both looking very hard to beat) fighting at the level they've been fighting at.

I’m extremely excited because I think if Gane becomes champion he’ll break the title defense record.

I voted no because I think it will do about 400,000 or 500,000 buys

As far as hardcore fans go we know it's a big fight

They had bigger legacy, but both were past their prime.

Ngannou vs Gane is two phenomenal fighters facing each other at their peak.
I think people will realize in a couple of years of big that fight was.
I actually think they're two fairly middling heavyweights in an incredibly weak era for the division.

Commercially? no.

Within the MMA world? I think it should be somewhere in the top 10. Its two big, athletic, skilled, proven HWs who both have a ton of momentum and are both considered to be in their primes. The last part is something that distinguishes it from most HW title fights of the past 5+ years.

probably bigfoot vs hunt?

wasnt bigfoot over 300lbs on fight night?

maybe Lesnar Hunt both nearing 300lbs

Where's the option for "It's a big heavyweight fight, but it's not like it belongs on any all time lists, at least not until after the fight"?

Noob post. If you have to ask a question like this you have forgotten (or werent a watching/born yet) fights like lesnar vs carwin amongst a myriad of others.

Well, people wanna see Francis fight and have waithed a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonime between fights.

Francis took zero damage in his last two fights but still neds months and months...and months to recover.

lol

No, this will not be a great fight but a master class by Gane.

Top 15ish depending on your definition of big.

Definitely one of the most intriguing hw fights if you're a fan of MMA.

In my eyes it is. I think Gane is a very special HW talent there are not other fighters like him. HW is just a force unseen in the sport a more dangerous bob sapp.

I actually think they're two fairly middling heavyweights in an incredibly weak era for the division.
There’s nothing middling about either guy.

Noob post. If you have to ask a question like this you have forgotten (or werent a watching/born yet) fights like lesnar vs carwin amongst a myriad of others.
It’s a given that any brock fight is an outlier.

Less hype than Cain vs JDS
we never saw Cain or JDS lose or even look close to losing

Francis has been beaten twice.

Cain almost losing to Kongo 3 time in 1 fight WTF u talking about Francis never been finish EVER or even look 2 close be rock EVER n junior lose by arm bar early b4 ufc

Cain got KO by junior in 1 min first fight this fight WAY way way way biggest

Last edited:
The biggest hw fight will be Gane V Jon Jones, right after this one

This is an incredibly compelling HW fight, anyone who says otherwise is lying.

We got the scariest power punching HW ever going up against the best moving/finesse HW ever. I cannot fucking wait for this.

This listen this man he actually kno what talk about rest all idiot lollllll u have look styles these man both STRIKER alll other big hw fight were wrestle n there a story 2 use train together n the midget coach butthurt been talk shit bout Francis last years for no reason he so so so mad Francis left his ego gym n found better

Back