• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ciryl Gane accepts 'dangerous' Derrick Lewis' callout, targets summer return

Lol you guys never learn

Black Beast by knockout. Easy money. How many times is this guy going to be counted out for people to learn?

Rozenstruik is just a slimmer more technical Lewis without the same kind of power

He sucks. He can't get past teh jab, will be getting picked up, thrown down, maybe subbed late if it's 5 rounds or a quitjob TKO from an accumulated beating but Gane doesn't hit hard so maybe not
Oh I thought you were saying Gane is like a Roz 2.0

Lewis is a smarter fighter than people give credit for. He wouldn't have as good a resume as he does if he wasn't. The man beat Ngannou.
He beat Ngannou in probably the worst fight of all time where Francis didn’t throw anything

that's what people have said for black beasts last like 10 fights lmao
and thats what should happen logically but derrick is just an anomaly in the matrix he just wins fight he should never win

Gane by dec, Black Beast is fun but he has a crystal clear ceiling and loses to most UFC level HWs with good cardio, chin, and fight IQ. Gane isnt flashy but he does have those 3 attributes.

Yeah as I was typing that I was thinking about putting something about Volkov. Looking forward to Gane-Volkov sometime down the line.

I think Gane has too high a fight iq to get caught by the beast, but it’s dangerous to bet against Lewis because he usually only needs to land one.

Sounds like Gane is underestimating Lewis which doesn't surprise me. Says Blaydes shot too much, he only attempted 3 take downs. Says Lewis doesn't have skills. He has the second most wins in HW history.

I'm down for another hype train derail. Put it on the Houston card in May. Give Lewis 3 rounds in front of his hometown crowd.

So he can get another win he didnt earn due to erratic and poor judging?

Ilir Latifi won the 2nd and 3rd round, The guy was robbed and is now stuck fighting Tanner Boser

So he can get another win he didnt earn due to erratic and poor judging?

Ilir Latifi won the 2nd and 3rd round, The guy was robbed and is now stuck fighting Tanner Boser

Lewis landed 20 significant strikes to Latifi's 5. Latifi had 8 minutes of control time yet landed ZERO ground strikes. Clear win for Black Beast. Perhaps you thought you were watching wrestling?

Cerrone in his prime was a gatekeeper, now he's just shot.
Na. Made it to the title with wins off Alvarez (who later became champ) Benson who was a former champ, Al was a good win, Martins was good at the time, as was Noons, Jim Miller, Edson Barboza...He has good wins he was always just inconsistent. Now he for sure is shot though. Sadly he seems to be in that situation where the UFC uses him for people to make a name off of like they do towards the end of their careers. Suck as much as you can off their name value. He pretty much lost that Price fight which would have been easy for him in the past. He needs to retire already but especially if he can't beat Diego.

Back