Social Christian parents cut off lesbian daughter after she refuses to leave college for conversion therapy

Im covinced gay exists in a certain % very small % of population. And that more people are bisexual or have inclinations to be bisexual when under thoughts of extreme lust. Even efficient pretty badass socities had bisexuals but it was not a everyone does it and reproducing with women was seen as the highest need. I mean Greeks and socieities that did group sex in a tribal setting doesnt imply bisexuality in the males participating assuming they dont touch each other. But also the focus on aestheticism in greece had the worship of ideal bodies and obvioualy some men swung both ways wanting beautiful men and women.

I think the exclusive gay thing is more of a cultural western programming. And its promotion as a full lifestyle. It is entirwly plausible that bisexual people are being indoctrinated to live a fully honosexual lifestyle where as 2500 years ago these same men and women woulf seek to get married and want children but also maybe fuck people of the same sex on the side. Or through training they would suprress that side of them.

Yes I think this is the case also. You hear about some historical soldiers taking part in gay activity as an accepted norm but are we to believe they somehow were biologically gay? Obviously not.

And the ancient greek men with boys 'on the side' but with families (this still happens in the middle east apparently). It's a sexual behaviour but I doubt it means they are full on homosexual in the sense that they couldn't have a functional relationship with a women.

In those sense's, it could be viewed as a 'vice', or as religious people may view it as sinful behaviour.

But yeah I am sure there are many occurrences where it goes beyond just a behavioural thing, and is hard wired in some people.

Yes I think this is the case also. You hear about some historical soldiers taking part in gay activity as an accepted norm but are we to believe they somehow were biologically gay? Obviously not.

And the ancient greek men with boys 'on the side' but with families (this still happens in the middle east apparently). It's a sexual behaviour but I doubt it means they are full on homosexual in the sense that they couldn't have a functional relationship with a women.

In those sense's, it could be viewed as a 'vice', or as religious people may view it as sinful behaviour.

But yeah I am sure there are many occurrences where it goes beyond just a behavioural thing, and is hard wired in some people.

Agreed. If full biological gay exists it must be a lot smaller than 2% to 4% which is alleged globally or by country. I would like to see what % in animals it occurs my guess is the real % is like less than 1%. Because it is a biological and evolutionary anomally and chemical maladaption in the evolutuionary sense. While in contrast many bisexuals make the conscious choice out of lust and from the bi women i have met they all preferred a man majority of the time it seems. Then you have the people who push and agenda claiming we are all a little "bi" and that 30% or more of men are or have done homosexual behavior. That Kinsey guy was propaganda for example for a pro homosexual view

I think in some cases people also go "gay" if they grew up with unhealthy heteosexual views and in those cases it seems women go more than men. Cases were a woman leaves an arranged loveless marriage and then comes out as "gay" because she may not know what good man is.

She'll be better off in the long run without them.

My cousin came out as a lesbian years ago and her dad (my uncle) disowned her. Then the rest of the family disowned him. We don't tolerate bigots.

Agreed. If full biological gay exists it must be a lot smaller than 2% to 4% which is alleged globally or by country. I would like to see what % in animals it occurs my guess is the real % is like less than 1%. Because it is a biological and evolutionary anomally and chemical maladaption in the evolutuionary sense. While in contrast many bisexuals make the conscious choice out of lust and from the bi women i have met they all preferred a man majority of the time it seems. Then you have the people who push and agenda claiming we are all a little "bi" and that 30% or more of men are or have done homosexual behavior. That Kinsey guy was propaganda for example for a pro homosexual view

I think in some cases people also go "gay" if they grew up with unhealthy heteosexual views and in those cases it seems women go more than men. Cases were a woman leaves an arranged loveless marriage and then comes out as "gay" because she may not know what good man is.

I find it amazing that no one speaks about HOCD

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...homosexual-obsessive-compulsive-disorder-hocd

Err, as I laid out, I based it on pretty obvious assumptions.

Do you disagree that this initiative using a fundraising apparatus disproportionately used by young people, toward a liberal cause, and for an LGBTQ person would appeal to young, liberal, and LGBTQ patrons? Or do you disagree that all three of those demographics are markedly less religious than older, conservative, and straight people?
But you are making it sound as If there are no people on the right, or religious people who also supported her. Christendom is not united totally in its gay hatred. Though those who are not in lock step with the majority are a very small number.

My sole issue with the thought of my children being gay is that it makes them a genetic dead end. I have two kids, one of which will never reproduce. That means if my other child is gay, they will never reproduce either, meaning my genetic lineage dies, all because they are gay.

From a biological, evolutionary standpoint, homosexuality seems like an aberration, a dead end of a line of genes. There is no benefit to a species to have homosexual members.

So yea, that would be my biggest problem with it. I wouldn't disown the gay child, I still love them. But it would be depressed knowing my lineage, my dna dies with my child, never to be passed on.. Oh and wife is incapable of having more children. I would have to divorcer her and remarry to have another child and hope it does not turn out gay.

Meh, this isn't really news. It's horrific, but we're at least a decade from it being at all uncommon. If you have gay friends, you likely have at least one that was sent to a conversion/reeducation camp and another that was disowned after it failed or for refusing to go in the first place.

Conservatives like this are pieces of shit, but they're too stupid and stubborn to be anything else.

To be gay is a heavy, heavy burden already.

Trying to find romantic love in the midst of a lot of men dedicated to living for today, most comfortable with temporary physical company, and insecure at best about building social bonds is, well, challenging to say the least.

"Some of my best friends are gay," is not an accurate statement, my best friend who is a man is gay (I have one or two closer friends who are women), and he is troubled by all these things but has a heart of gold that wishes to understand. His father is also Christian, and they have a tenuous but loving relationship.

Life is too complicated for each decisions, and the parents of the girl sound utterly unreasonable, dedicated to pedantry of their honor, not Christian forgiveness. That is what it sounds like without knowing the whole story.

That said, we could all reflect on the "Prodigal Son," any family that would reject a loved one, any child that would spurn the right way to do what is easy, anyone who wants to understand love, guidance, and redemption.

... hatred...

The problem; all the way down.

Where we find people who hate things, we find intolerance, oppression, violence against whatever other they have identified and loathed.

In politics, in religion, in social structures, in other peoples' friends, families, and sometimes even our own families.

As soon as anyone says, "I don't like them," they stop listening to them.

Good ol Christians

Scheck told her parents she would stay at Canisius and would not participate in religious therapy, and her father drove 85 miles to dump her belongings — even her birth certificate — in her car.

Her parents had already removed her from their car insurance coverage, and her father took her vehicle’s license plates.

“Well, I am done with you,” her mother texted. “As of right now, declare yourself independent. You are on your own. Please don’t contact us or your siblings.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/di...ter-refuses-leave-college-conversion-therapy/

So this whole story is a "She said" story with no saved text messages displayed, no interview of her family, and nothing more than a "Here's a story that this girl is telling"? This isn't journalism. The author shouldn't post this without first having done the due diligence of seeking the other side of the story.

What passes for journalism these days is horrendous.

If it's true then the family members are pieces of shit. At this point there's as much evidence that it never happened as there is that it did happen. Flip a coin I guess.

Lmao, so many banned members. Why was this bumped?

I don't see the problem personally. If she is a grown adult and wants to pursue a lifestyle her parents find offensive then she can do that. And then the parents can take a step back from that persons life.

<{vega}>

Unless there is some part of the story I am missing this looks like nothing more than individual people making personal decisions about their individual lives. Whats the problem?

Odd necro.

Shitty parents, if true. But not all Christians are shitty parents (most of the best parents I've known have been reasonably devout Muslims and Christians). And while the right might house most of the traditionally religious people, the left is home to some of the weirder new-age religions - like trans activism - so, you're not really in a position to point fingers.

She should have just went. Those gay conversion centers are known fuck fests.

This is wrong. The parents shouldn't have done that.

The way Ripskater gives carefully rehearsed replies in this thread leads me to believe that he's had some kind of conversion therapy at some point.

The Parents are as ignorant as a Biden voter (the living ones). Absolutely shameful.

Good ol Christians

Scheck told her parents she would stay at Canisius and would not participate in religious therapy, and her father drove 85 miles to dump her belongings — even her birth certificate — in her car.

Her parents had already removed her from their car insurance coverage, and her father took her vehicle’s license plates.

“Well, I am done with you,” her mother texted. “As of right now, declare yourself independent. You are on your own. Please don’t contact us or your siblings.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/di...ter-refuses-leave-college-conversion-therapy/

She made her choice and the parents are letting her go with it.

So this whole story is a "She said" story with no saved text messages displayed, no interview of her family, and nothing more than a "Here's a story that this girl is telling"? This isn't journalism. The author shouldn't post this without first having done the due diligence of seeking the other side of the story.

What passes for journalism these days is horrendous.

If it's true then the family members are pieces of shit. At this point there's as much evidence that it never happened as there is that it did happen. Flip a coin I guess.

Why would you dig up and bump a 2018 thread for this?

Back