Social Christian parents cut off lesbian daughter after she refuses to leave college for conversion therapy

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Good ol Christians

Scheck told her parents she would stay at Canisius and would not participate in religious therapy, and her father drove 85 miles to dump her belongings — even her birth certificate — in her car.

Her parents had already removed her from their car insurance coverage, and her father took her vehicle’s license plates.

“Well, I am done with you,” her mother texted. “As of right now, declare yourself independent. You are on your own. Please don’t contact us or your siblings.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/di...ter-refuses-leave-college-conversion-therapy/

Meh, this isn't really news. It's horrific, but we're at least a decade from it being at all uncommon. If you have gay friends, you likely have at least one that was sent to a conversion/reeducation camp and another that was disowned after it failed or for refusing to go in the first place.

Conservatives like this are pieces of shit, but they're too stupid and stubborn to be anything else.

She's better off with them but still that's awful. Conversion therapy is absolute shit.

Unfortunate if true. Its OK not to like someone's decision but to just totally shut off your kids, I can't imagine it. I can't imagine what my daughter would have to do that I could decide to not allow her to be part of the family anymore.

Maybe the daughter will eventually come to her senses and realize that lesbianism is wrong. Sorta like the Prodigal son when he lived it up while he was young before he came to his senses.

Last edited:
Unfortunate if true. Its OK not to like someone's decision but to just totally shut off your kids, I can't imagine it. I can't imagine what my daughter would have to do that I could decide to not allow her to be part of the family anymore.

I don’t personally know any drug addicts, but on those “intervention” shows, cutting the addict off from the family is often recommended by the intervention leaders.

Could have been worse, she could be muslim in a muslim country and would have probably have been stoned.

Conversion therapy>Stoning

What does this Christian conversation therapy involve?

She's a college athlete. I've heard homosexuality is rampant in women's college sports.

I don’t personally know any drug addicts, but on those “intervention” shows, cutting the addict off from the family is often recommended by the intervention leaders.
I'm a pretty conservative guy but I don't equate homosexuality to drug addiction. I mean, if I'm forced to give my opinion on homosexuality, its not my thing and I really don't think it needs to be discussed, but thats me. People can live how they want to live. IF my daughter says she's gay, well.... honestly, that would break my heart but again that would be my problem, not hers. She's still my daughter.

why is this news?

and if you troll your parents what do you think will happen?

I'm a pretty conservative guy but I don't equate homosexuality to drug addiction. I mean, if I'm forced to give my opinion on homosexuality, its not my thing and I really don't think it needs to be discussed, but thats me. People can live how they want to live. IF my daughter says she's gay, well.... honestly, that would break my heart but again that would be my problem, not hers. She's still my daughter.

I’m not equating them, I’m just saying there does seem to be some situations where cutting off your children works to their benefit.

Maybe the daughter will eventually come to her senses and realize that lesbianism is wrong. Sorta like the Prodigal son when he lived it up while he was young before he came to his senses.
<Prem974>

Being addicted to drugs and fleecing your family to support your habit is not really comparable to disowning your kids in the hopes that they will become straight.

Believing in Jesus Christ and that he died so that sinners might be saved. Repentance. Reading God's word in the Bible, worshipping God. Praying.

If Christ is living in someone, he will change the person within. That is called sanctification. It is not complete until we are in heaven.

Depends on the organization and the state in which it takes place, as some states ban it, some regulate it, and some leave it unregulated and silently encouraged. It's not nearly as gruesome as it used to be (think Clockwork Orange type shit), but it still involves a lot of unhealthy sexual repression, moral browbeating, emotional blackmail, and proselytizing of other sorts.

Believing in Jesus Christ and that he died so that sinners might be saved. Repentance. Reading God's word in the Bible, worshipping God. Praying.

If Christ is living in someone, he will change the person within. That is called sanctification. It is not complete until we are in heaven.
Like a weird, boring parasite?

Back