Social Christian parents cut off lesbian daughter after she refuses to leave college for conversion therapy

It feels like a different outrage level than the story of the gay parents disowning the kid that wore a MAGA hat... hmmm double standard much ?

I developed shell shock from shaking so much. Glad I live in Europe where there are no guns and the lowest church attendance in the world. Can't even imagine how hellish life is in America for normal people(aka Democrats and Democrat voting non-whites) these days.
*takes a sip of pumpkin spice latte(with dairy-free soymilk #GoGreen)*

Why bring race into it??? Seems like saying democrats would cover “democrat voting non-whites”....oh I get it, you’re a racist.

Glad it seems to have worked out for her. Also, I hope these parents feel the knife twist just a little every time one of her siblings treats her like a good family member should and they learn about it. Hopefully one of their other children can set an example for them regarding decent human behavior.

I'm from all over. And what we are talking about isn't what my child is but rather what they choose to be. If they choose to be devils then I have to separate myself from them, at least from their devilish behavior and activities. That means my daughter can't bring her abomination of a relationship into my home. That doesn't mean she can't come into my home or communicate and talk with me tho. And that doesn't mean that I won't be here for her the moment she wants to turn away from her sin and join me on the righteous path.

That's not a small question. In order to answer this for you we would need to go over alot of Biblical principles and concepts. It would be a long conversation. Just know that God considers it an abomination and won't accept it into the Kingdom. And if your goal is to make it into the Kingdom then you can't tolerate and accept homosexuality within your family and home.

So you would be prejudiced against somebody and treat them as less than a human because of a 2000 year old book written by uneducated dirt farmers....and on top of that you’re a racist who is mentally ill.

I bet your home is a really happy place lol.

I don't think Christian stance is that it's a choice to be gay, rather it's a choice to act upon those feelings.

I think I was open to the idea that I might be gay at 12 or 13 - even though I'd never been attracted to males.

I'd be open to the thought that those former lesbians were actually bi, but they certainly chose to be straight now.

<JagsKiddingMe>

I'd be open to the thought that those former lesbians were actually bi, but they certainly chose to be straight now.
...I think you're confused about what it constitutes to be lesbian, bisexual or straight. You can't choose any of those, you can choose which behavior you engage in, to an extent, but the attraction remains the same.

If they were "lesbian" or claimed to be, and now they're "straight", chances are indeed that they're bisexual. Fact is, they have been attracted to both men and women which makes them...bisexual. Straight-passing bisexuals are still bisexuals.

He was open to the idea of becoming a gay but he never felt attracted to men. If only being gay meant being sexually attracted to women he'd be sooo gay.

Missed opportunity.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand for some people that attraction is not something you choose, it's something that is inherent to your biology and personality.

It feels like a different outrage level than the story of the gay parents disowning the kid that wore a MAGA hat... hmmm double standard much ?
I don't condone either, but the MAGA hat is obviously a political choice while being lesbian isn't. It feels so much more insidious to try and force someone to change something innate to who they are, in a way that is not only pseudoscientific but also incredibly damaging.

Just to clarify, if my child wore a MAGA hat I would not disown him. I'd just embarrass him in front of his peers by being very motherly to him, blowing him kisses, putting little surprises in his lunchbox and basically sing and dance the whole time. Actually that's unrelated to his political choices.

He was open to the idea of becoming a gay but he never felt attracted to men. If only being gay meant being sexually attracted to women he'd be sooo gay.

Missed opportunity.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand for some people that attraction is not something you choose, it's something that is inherent to your biology and personality.

These religious shitbags would rather their own children live their entire lives unhappily as something they aren’t than just accepting they are gay.

I mean only religion can bring out the true evil in people, I simply can’t imagine being hurtful to your own children and knowingly causing them pain and pushing that unhappiness into people who actually love and care about your kids all because of some shitty book that was written by people with no worldview.

I swear religion brings out the worst in people, rather than using it as a way to look at yourself and improve their own lives they use it as a tool to judge and condemn others who don’t conform to their beliefs.

These religious shitbags would rather their own children live their entire lives unhappily as something they aren’t than just accepting they are gay.

I mean only religion can bring out the true evil in people, I simply can’t imagine being hurtful to your own children and knowingly causing them pain and pushing that unhappiness into people who actually love and care about your kids all because of some shitty book that was written by people with no worldview.

I swear religion brings out the worst in people, rather than using it as a way to look at yourself and improve their own lives they use it as a tool to judge and condemn others who don’t conform to their beliefs.
Well, I don't like to generalize like that and there's religions outside of monotheistic (mostly Abrahamistic) ones that do not have this kind of treatment of homosexuals, lesbians and biseuxals.

I'm sure there's a lot of christians who aren't this extreme, but still. It has to suck to be gay, lesbian or bisexual and your parents' beliefs are that you're basically a massive sinner and God dislikes you for how you were born.

I understand your frustration with these clowns and I feel the same way. Life's so short. As far as we can know, you only have like 70-80 years to live with your kids and be in their company, and you'd waste it with making them feel terrible for how they are born? Breaks my heart, really.

She's a college athlete. I've heard homosexuality is rampant in women's college sports.
there are also a lot of right wing politicians with unusually wide stances in bathroom stalls.

I don't condone either, but the MAGA hat is obviously a political choice while being lesbian isn't. It feels so much more insidious to try and force someone to change something innate to who they are, in a way that is not only pseudoscientific but also incredibly damaging.

Just to clarify, if my child wore a MAGA hat I would not disown him. I'd just embarrass him in front of his peers by being very motherly to him, blowing him kisses, putting little surprises in his lunchbox and basically sing and dance the whole time. Actually that's unrelated to his political choices.
Maybe one can argue people’s politics are not so much a choice, a long run in your environmentals that shapes harden opinions makes me life long connection with their party affiliation but I agree with you overall. Both are wrong though

Maybe one can argue people’s politics are not so much a choice, a long run in your environmentals that shapes harden opinions makes me life long connection with their party affiliation but I agree with you overall. Both are wrong though
Yeah, I believe someone's political leanings are largely influenced by their personality, temperament, and fears. Let's not disown kids unless they're little Ted Bundies.

...I think you're confused about what it constitutes to be lesbian, bisexual or straight. You can't choose any of those, you can choose which behavior you engage in, to an extent, but the attraction remains the same.

If they were "lesbian" or claimed to be, and now they're "straight", chances are indeed that they're bisexual. Fact is, they have been attracted to both men and women which makes them...bisexual. Straight-passing bisexuals are still bisexuals.

What I meant was th as t they were only with women at that time and are married to men these days.

But I agree with your statement that they'd still be attracted to women - an alcoholic doesn't touch a drop for 5 yrs, but still calls himself an alcoholic.

What does this Christian conversation therapy involve?

I imagine It's kinda like how you go to university left wing programs and they try to convert you into a homosexual lifestyle, but in reverse :D

Have there been any statistics/reports as to how ‘successful’ it is, if it all?

I can't imagine they would exist if it didn't work at all, but I am sure it depends on the nature of the homosexual tendency. For some it would just be social and/or subconscious which as malleable but for others perhaps it is more biological.

What they did in the tribal context makes sense and is logical. God and your greater ideology comes first etc. The idea that people who are corruptable and fallabale are somehow higher is just not sane. Many religious groups and hiatorical tribes do the same. If you bend and start allowing everything you fall apart.

Not saying they need to cut full contact but what they are doing isnt uncommon.

I can't imagine they would exist if it didn't work at all, but I am sure it depends on the nature of the homosexual tendency. For some it would just be social and/or subconscious which as malleable but for others perhaps it is more biological.

Im covinced gay exists in a certain % very small % of population. And that more people are bisexual or have inclinations to be bisexual when under thoughts of extreme lust. Even efficient pretty badass socities had bisexuals but it was not a everyone does it and reproducing with women was seen as the highest need. I mean Greeks and socieities that did group sex in a tribal setting doesnt imply bisexuality in the males participating assuming they dont touch each other. But also the focus on aestheticism in greece had the worship of ideal bodies and obvioualy some men swung both ways wanting beautiful men and women.

I think the exclusive gay thing is more of a cultural western programming. And its promotion as a full lifestyle. It is entirely plausible that bisexual people are being indoctrinated to live a fully homosexual lifestyle where as 2500 years ago these same men and women would seek to get married and want children but also maybe fuck people of the same sex on the side occassionally. Or through training they would suprress that side of them.

Back