Law Christian couple can sue over Minnesota same-sex marriage video law

They are aiding them in the celebration/preservation of an event that they see as an abhorrent sin.

That could go for a lot of things - some Christians say smoking and drinking are sins, but they shop and work in stores that sell it. Catholics think birth control is sinful, but they only complain about being forced to sell plan B , not the condoms or that freaky cream.

Photographers, caterers and such have to be at the venue so should be allowed the exception if its a religious tenant. If you make a cake or you're a florist you aren't partaking in the festivity itself and aren't endorsing or celebrating the event so do the job and move on, IMHO

Pray.jpg

Didnt they prove that was a hoax?

"Those" or "them" or "they" will use any excuse not to tip.

Done.
I believe this is why Jordan Peterson became famous, he didn’t mind calling someone by the pronouns his problem is the government enforcement of it. Government should be out of marriages/sexes they ruin enough things as it is

He nose, he's an evangelical. I was surprised.

I am an evangelical, but I dont want to force my beliefs on anyone else. And I think the baker and florist are taking things too far.

Somewhere in their Bible it says the 2nd (greatest commandment) is like the first, it is to love your neighbor as yourself.

That could go for a lot of things - some Christians say smoking and drinking are sins, but they shop and work in stores that sell it. Catholics think birth control is sinful, but they only complain about being forced to sell plan B , not the condoms or that freaky cream.

Photographers, caterers and such have to be at the venue so should be allowed the exception if its a religious tenant. If you make a cake or you're a florist you aren't partaking in the festivity itself and aren't endorsing or celebrating the event so do the job and move on, IMHO

Your first paragraph isn't necessarily true. You're painting with a broad brush there.

If you make a cake, for an event, you are most certainly promoting the festivity. The for a Bday or Wedding the cake is a major component of the celebration.

You can't remember but you'll still malign us, not surprised. Like I said, I hope no Moslems depend on you for anything because I doubt they'll get a fair shake.
Oh yes because I oppress Muslims all the time. I fell bad for anyone who lives in areas with Muslim majorities. As those people obviously don't get a fair shake.

-Looks at what is allegedly a zero for the scripture.
-Looks at zeros in the payment amount.
-Comes to the conclusion that server is a drama queen.

Don’t be so intellectually dishonest, you’re better than that.
You disagree that it's not an endorsement? I don't think it's intellectually dishonest to think that or to think that refusing your services to a group is basically some old timey, sign-in-window shit.

You disagree that it's not an endorsement? I don't think it's intellectually dishonest to think that or to think that refusing your services to a group is basically some old timey, sign-in-window shit.
But any gay person can get the service they won’t do a gay wedding, so not anti-gay in fact I bet a lot of wedding planners that are gay hired them for their services

I also believe they deserve the bad publicity for having ass backwards beliefs. It goes both ways. If courts are going to impose these rulings on private business owners/religious institutions, they should do it across the board. It seems that Christians/Catholics are the only ones who wind up losing these fights. Why don't we see a Muslim bakery being forced to make cakes for gay weddings?

They usually don't lose, the ADF mentioned in OP (same organization that advocates for the criminalization of consensual same-sex activity between adults) wins the majority of their cases, including every SCOTUS ruling. And they certainly won't be losing many in the forseeable given the right-wing takeover of the federal judiciary and flipping of district courts. It's about to become less about petty issues over the provision of goods and services and more about the erosion and blocking of equal / civil rights on a fundamental level.

Religion is a top-down federally protected class, sexual orientation isn't and won't be. LGB rights just aren't representative of American values or who it is as a country and never have been. It was ironically founded as a secular republic and the cultural impact from (LGB) people has been significant, but that doesn't mean shit at the end of the day. The US was centuries behind on decriminalization and is decades behind the majority of westerns nations on anti-discrimination legislation. Most countries in South America are more advanced.

If courts are going to impose these rulings on private business owners/religious institutions, they should do it across the board. It seems that Christians/Catholics are the only ones who wind up losing these fights. Why don't we see a Muslim bakery being forced to make cakes for gay weddings?
The courts aren't looking for Christians to bring the hammer down on, they are ruling on cases that come to them. I mean in a Christian majority nation is it really surprising that most of these kinds of cases involve Christians and not a minority religion that makes up ~1% of the population? Seems obvious to me but guess it needs to be said for some.

the ADF mentioned in OP (same organization that advocates for the criminalization of consensual same-sex activity between adults) ....

WTF, over?

Your first paragraph isn't necessarily true. You're painting with a broad brush there.

If you make a cake, for an event, you are most certainly promoting the festivity. The for a Bday or Wedding the cake is a major component of the celebration.

Nah dude. You're just baking a cake. You dont have to be at the wedding and you don't have to put ant references to gay on it.

The courts aren't looking for Christians to bring the hammer down on, they are ruling on cases that come to them. I mean in a Christian majority nation is it really surprising that most of these kinds of cases involve Christians and not a minority religion that makes up ~1% of the population? Seems obvious to me but guess it needs to be said for some.

Where virtually every Muslim politician is hilariously, tangibly pro-LGB if their actual voting record is anything to go on? I'm sorry, but I don't want to fucking hear about how homophobic someone like Ilhan Omar apparently is when she puts her name to and co-sponsors bills that ban conversion therapy for minors. You know, lovely shit like this.
In that sense, sure. I was more referring to the fact that 'cis' LGB people don't need preferred pronouns, crossdressing, puberty blockers, hormone therapy or their cocks chopped off and vaginas mangled with radical surgeries. The "conversion therapy" on that front has a whole different meaning and purpose. Such as:

Burnet County officials raided the 10-acre property near Bertram in July 2018, where they removed eight boys between 10 and 17 years old as part of an investigation into possible abuse, neglect, labor violations, fraud, licensing violations and human trafficking.

The couple’s now-closed Blessed Hope Boys Academy in Robertsdale, Alabama, had been the subject of an ABC “20/20” investigation two years ago that found “Brother Gary” Wiggins used corporal punishment, solitary confinement, forced exercise, withholding food and other tactics to “convert” boys to heterosexuality, reported the Advocate.

“I’m going to get the demon out of you and make you straight,” Gary Wiggins told the boys, according to one boy sent to the camp by his mother.

WTF, over?

Kind of normal.

https://www.usatoday.com/amp/7981025

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A dozen states still have anti-sodomy laws on the books 10 15+ years after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled they are unconstitutional.

One such state is Louisiana, where LGB rights groups contend police have used anti-sodomy laws to target gay men. But state lawmakers sided with religious and conservative groups in refusing to repeal the law last week.

The Supreme Court ruled in Lawrence v. Texas in 2003 that it is unconstitutional to bar consensual sex between adults, calling it a violation of the 14th Amendment. Houston police arrested two men for engaging in a sexual act in petitioner Lawrence’s own home. The court ruled that consenting adults have the full right to engage in their conduct without intervention from the government.

Last year, police in East Baton Rouge Parish arrested men for attempted crimes against nature using the anti-sodomy law in a sting operation that caused a national outcry. The district attorney wouldn't bring charges against the arrested men, saying the law was unenforceable.

This led Rep. Patricia Smith, D-Baton Rouge, to file the bill that would repeal Louisiana's anti-sodomy law, saying it would make the system fairer and more efficient.

"We don't need inefficient laws on the books," she said.

Her fellow representatives, however, disagreed and voted 66-27 on April 15 to keep the law in place.

But any gay person can get the service they won’t do a gay wedding, so not anti-gay in fact I bet a lot of wedding planners that are gay hired them for their services
Okay, but there were always stores who sold to Jews or Blacks, too. I don't find that to cut the moral mustard.

Back