Law Christian couple can sue over Minnesota same-sex marriage video law

so businesses that have signs that say they have the right to refuse anybody service don't actually have that right?

What the...?

I made it one-minute in and had to stop. "I don't have any advice for homosexuals except to put a bullet in their head before they molest my kids." Next sentence, "It's just raw, uncensored, Bible preaching." Well, not really, since the Bible teaches that your body is a temple for the Holy spirit. You're not supposed to kill your body, just like you're not supposed to be "sexually immoral" by Biblical standards. So it sounds more like he's delivering the raw, uncensored, rantings of a heathen.

"It's a sin not to beat your kids."

@franklinstower's input would probably also be valuable here, but why is there so much focus on sin and judgment rather than the love of Jesus and grace of God? The more fundamentalist types always seem to have an extremely disproportionate focus on sexual sin in particular.
They do. It's weird. I can see refusing to put the two men on top or something on the cake. But calling them out and saying no completely is weird. It's Muslim almost. As in remove sins from around you to protect yourself. Rather than removing those thoughts from yourself, which is the Chris way. Thoughts are sins, and you must think correctly to be saved. Physically removing the source is not what's up. Christ said remove your eyes if you're want to lust. Not tell women to dress like bags

Alliance Defending Freedom.

They're headquartered here and getting ever stronger, have yet to lose a case taken to the SCOTUS, IIRC. That probably won't change for a while given RBG isn't going to last through 2020 (and which may not matter). This Admin has been rapidly flipping the federal judiciary on the whole.

So basically, more NoDak's. :) I wouldn't be caught dead at one of those things, even if a significant part of their infamy is the result of a handful of extrovert exhibitionist personality types. It seems like quite a bit too much bdsm, fem, drag and trans stuff. Do you, but that's extremely not my lane and largely antithetical subculture(s).

There should be a parade for every sexual fetishh,orientation.

Neither do I, but I'm pretty meh on the whole provision of goods and services with private businesses thing. The last thing I'd want to do is insist some cuntbags take my money, I'd just go elsewhere and tell people they do awful work.

They do, and state legislatures actually vote to keep them on the books even after the SCOTUS ruling in 2003 knocked the teeth out and rendered them virtually unenforceable nationwide. It's less institutionalized discrimination and more a general lack of protections left to the discretion of state law(s), if that makes sense.

The federally protected classes are race, color, religion, sex, national origin and disability; sexual orientation is not one of them. Trump isn't lying here, for example. It's kind of messed up considering he just got an official LCR endorsement literally days ago but these dudes can't take a fucking hint that they're hated.

Homosexuals aren't a protected class. Not saying its right or wrong. Just saying, this is an issue that hasn't been addressed well before the previous election. This isn't a Trump thing, like people want it to be.

I think that the idea of a private company that serves the public, whether it's making a cake or shooting a wedding, turning down a customer for due to their homosexuality or religious beliefs is asinine, but they should have a right to do it. If they don't want to film a gay wedding because they're against gay marriage, they shouldn't have to. I also believe they deserve the bad publicity for having ass backwards beliefs. It goes both ways.

If courts are going to impose these rulings on private business owners/religious institutions, they should do it across the board. It seems that Christians/Catholics are the only ones who wind up losing these fights. Why don't we see a Muslim bakery being forced to make cakes for gay weddings?

@franklinstower's input would probably also be valuable here, but why is there so much focus on sin and judgment rather than the love of Jesus and grace of God? The more fundamentalist types always seem to have an extremely disproportionate focus on sexual sin in particular.

I've got a hugely busy day so I'll just short post.

Christians fall into the trap of trying to change others rather than themselves far too often. I think this is deeply sinfull and consider myself to be getting off track when I see it in myself. It is very dangerous to spiritual growth to judge people.

Gay people should not try to force bakers to make their cakes. Its childish unless they live in an area that makes that bakery the only viable choice.

Christian bakers should not refuse service to a gay couple unless there is something about the cake decor that is a offensive. If it's just a same sex couple caricature being placed on the top then bake the cake but ask the couple to place it. Ask nicely and apologetically so as not to be rude or insulting to another human being and build a bridge of love rather than hate.

Both groups are making the whole nation discuss an issue that doesnt need to exist IMO.

No better way to get a substandard product than to force someone against their will to do a job. It is known.

So how do we balance out unjustified discrimination vs freedom of conscience? No matter what, I have a really tough time with accepting mandated actions, whereas prohibited and unrestricted (freedom of) action can be used to balance each other out. Bit of a clumsy sentence, but gets my point across well enough. Same idea goes for speech.

It really shows how moronic consumers are. It's like insulting a chef before he makes your food.

A similar quote that I like, but doesn't really fit.

"Whenever there is a hard job to be done I assign it to a lazy man; he is sure to find an easy way of doing it."

Providing a video service doesn't seem like an endorsement. It's just a "no gays" sign hanging in the window.

They do. It's weird. I can see refusing to put the two men on top or something on the cake. But calling them out and saying no completely is weird. It's Muslim almost. As in remove sins from around you to protect yourself. Rather than removing those thoughts from yourself, which is the Chris way. Thoughts are sins, and you must think correctly to be saved. Physically removing the source is not what's up. Christ said remove your eyes if you're want to lust. Not tell women to dress like bags
Funny how even when its Christians fucking up you have to shit on the Moslems. I pray for any fellow Muhammadans who find themselves at your mercy for whatever reason.

Last edited:
remember this is not we will not serve gays. The issue is we will not make stuff that endorses gay marriage.

What if a Christian contractor refused to do a bedroom remodel for a gay couple on the basis that he didn't want to contribute his skills and labor to the place they had butt sex. Would you support the contractor?

What if a Christian contractor refused to do a bedroom remodel for a gay couple on the basis that he didn't want to contribute his skills and labor to the place they had butt sex. Would you support the contractor?

I would not want that contractor doing the work it was an issue for him. Why would anyone?

Maybe those Christians who dont provide services ought to be required to post that fact in a visible area in store and on the web? That way gay people can not waste their own time or the stores time going there and the public can vote with their wallets in support or protest of those companies.

That would probably shut the mouths of all but the most dedicated Christian bussiness owners and also keep gay people from pestering those who dont want to serve them.

Both sides are being babies IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how even when its Christians fucking up you have to shit on the Moslems. I pray for any fellow Muhammadans who are find themselves at your mercy for whatever reason.
Islam
Funny how even when its Christians fucking up you have to shit on the Moslems. I pray for any fellow Muhammadans who are find themselves at your mercy for whatever reason.
I can't remember the term, but isn't that the basis for making women cover themselves? It's not like you guys aren't known for this.

There is no law preventing any gays from doing business with other video companies. It's like being upset a Kosher deli does not serve ham.

forcing Christians to take pictures of gay people on their wedding day is ridiculous. Smile!!! Then the gay couple kisses.

God doesn't recognize gay marriage. it is not a celebration.

Islam

I can't remember the term, but isn't that the basis for making women cover themselves? It's not like you guys aren't known for this.
You can't remember but you'll still malign us, not surprised. Like I said, I hope no Moslems depend on you for anything because I doubt they'll get a fair shake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back