Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold at UFC 194. Official (Poll)

Not going against Chris ever again unless he fights Bones Jones. Not saying Rockhold can't beat him. I can see Luke giving Chris some trouble but Chris will win a tough UD.

Rockhold has to finish Weidman which is not an east task. Chris really has no weaknesses unless you count his questionable cardio and staying injury free. He could lose this fight by a crazy submission and then come back and win the rematch like I predicted before.

But I can't go against him against any MW.

Can't see why anyone would pick Rockhold ...Weidman is better everywhere

Wiedman has the better wrestling but rockhold has outstanding defensive wrestling and trains with cormier daily. In jujitsu their both great and looking at how good rockhold is on the ground I doubt this will fight will have much ground fighting.

Think this is going to end being a striking fight and luke has a very good shot their. This fight is going to be a close one.

Not going against Chris ever again unless he fights Bones Jones. Not saying Rockhold can't beat him. I can see Luke giving Chris some trouble but Chris will win a tough UD.

Rockhold has to finish Weidman which is not an east task. Chris really has no weaknesses unless you count his questionable cardio and staying injury free. He could lose this fight by a crazy submission and then come back and win the rematch like I predicted before.

But I can't go against him against any MW.
Are you talking about the Maia fight when he had to cut over 30 lbs in less than 2 weeks?

Weidman. Just plain better than Rockhold and it'll show.

Lukes confidence will crumble when he hits Weidman with his best shot and the guy keeps coming back and hurting him.

Weidman's got better striking, wrestling and BJJ over Rockhold, while his cardio isn't as good, it should be enough win him a UD if it goes the distance.

I think the real Luke Rockhold should join Sherdog and vote and talk shit. Just throwing it out there...

Yeah- i know you picked him against both Anderson fights, but i was pretty sure you also said Machida was going to beat him, and that Vitor would beat him as well. If my recollection is wrong, i apologize. Perhaps i mistook you for someone else. Will be a great fight. Rockhold is a very good fighter as well, so i understand that he is no pushover. Just feeling Weidman matches up well with him. Rockhold will not be able to bully Weidman on the ground like he did Machida.

I've thought about the fight a bit more and I expect a stand up fight here most of the time. I think if we see some grappling it will be very minimal. But it would be great since these are 2/3 best grapplers at Mw. In a pure standup fight, I think its much closer when I think about it. I will favor Luke on this one, but its close man, 60/40. Preliminary decision, we'll see how the training camps go and maybe my mind will have it either way without a pick by fight time.

But ya, about those fights. I knew Chris would whoop Vitor, I had him by TKO later rounds but he did it much faster. I thought he would beat Machida by decision. Although I do think I was outlining quite a bit how Machida could win the fight and had it close.

I think this is weidmans unofficial coming out party, early ko for the Chris rnd 1 or 2

Must be horse meat :)

Seriously though, Fedor looks 240 + in these recent photos

He's allowed to do whatever he wants just like us now that he's still retired, but he needs to be clean if he comes back and I bet he's not so yoked if/when he does return.

Back