Chris Weidman’s first opponent at Light Heavyweight

I can't think of many top 10 lhws I would favour him against.. Shogun or Oezdemir would be cool. Santos might murder him but he could grind him for 3 rounds possibly. Cory Anderson would be a good one I guess, shouldn't ko him again. Might as well give him a favorable match up and shoot for and him vs Jones or even Rockhold if he loses his first lhw fight.

Thank you.

The disrespect for Smith is obnoxious. He just made Gustafson into a lifeless corpse, he is absolutely legit. I'd pick him to kick the shit out of Weidman.

Funny how people on here were gargling Gus' balls for the last 7-8 years until Smith murdered him then instantly changed their tune.

I’ll take that bet, if they fight.

It could be Anthony Smith, just to build up a new contender in there name of Chris Weidman. However, it would be a low risk, high reward fight because Smith ain't that good but he's built a name after beating Gus.
You think Weismann could beat Smith?

To be serious, I'd like to see him against someone like Glover or Shogun. Are they both still active and healthy? He needs an easier fight to measure where he's at, and not to be thrown to the wolves right away.

Give him Walker to just put an end to his career.

Yes, Smith is that good. He just ran into Jon Jones. He has looked like a beast.

Give Weidman Corey Anderson for his first fight.

No, he is not, Anthony Smith is not a great fighter.

Thank you.

The disrespect for Smith is obnoxious. He just made Gustafson into a lifeless corpse, he is absolutely legit. I'd pick him to kick the shit out of Weidman.

Funny how people on here were gargling Gus' balls for the last 7-8 years until Smith murdered him then instantly changed their tune.

You’re brain dead if you think Gus was the same vs Smith as he was for Jon 5 years ago, the man literally was ready to retire so that should already let you know he wasn’t in the mental spot you need to be in to succeed in mma.

The man got outgrappled by VOLKAN. Do you know how pathetic that is?

Weidman has been finished in 4 of his last 5 fights. Let's not act like he's a contender in 2019.
But Santos and Smith got a title shot at 205, imagine Weidman running through the division in a more dominant fashion

And people still finds a way to hate on this man. Dude is fighting killers only but but but he tweets about title shots!!!!!!111111111

MMA fans are the worst fans in sports and it's not even close.
True

Back