Chris Weidman’s first opponent at Light Heavyweight

Thank you.

The disrespect for Smith is obnoxious. He just made Gustafson into a lifeless corpse, he is absolutely legit. I'd pick him to kick the shit out of Weidman.

Funny how people on here were gargling Gus' balls for the last 7-8 years until Smith murdered him then instantly changed their tune.
I think “murdered” is slightly hyperbolic. All due respect to Smith, but I’d call his submission a “come from behind” win before a “murder”.

I disagree. Weidman is shot and Smith is just hitting his peak.

I'd pick Smith to kick the living shiznit out of Weidman. And be very comfortable with that pick.

Have you guys watched any Weidman fights in the last 4 years? He ain't the same guy who had the belt, not even close. He was a bigger MW who was always slow but had a good enough chin to win fights. He doesn't have a good enough chin anymore and it has been demonstrated time and time again.
Smith has more losses than him and you’re saying that Weidman is done after just 4 losses

Gus comeback fight... loser retires for good.

CTE is a serious thing. If you want to joke around about it, talk about someone who has no chin like Overeem. Romero and Jacare knocked him out on the forehead not the chin. Weidman’s chin is amazing
Chris Weidman doesn't even know you exist. If you ever met him, he would want to get away from you.

But Santos and Smith got a title shot at 205, imagine Weidman running through the division in a more dominant fashion
He's getting finished at 185. Guys like Walker and Smith have the power to put him out.

He’s fought top 10 in his last 11 fights and has won 7 of them. Nothing wrong with that, especially if you don’t have to cut an extra 20 pounds

but he seems to gas around the 3rd round...like against jacare...so i guess we'll have to see how he does...maybe he'll be another rumble or anthony smith...but I tend to think the opposite...that he's going to get beat worse than ever.

You think Weismann could beat Smith?
I would bet on Herr Weißman. However, there’s always a doubt when a fighter moves to a new weight class (no matter which fighter). However, I would still bet on Weidman v. Smith. Would you honestly bet on Smith v. Weidman?

So I assume you also think Gustafsson is bad
He is bad as in the present form, absolutely. We need to stop assessing Gus’ abilities as a fighter based on fights which took place years ago.

I wouldn't mind Weidman vs Shogun, it would answer a lot of questions.

I would bet on Herr Weißman. However, there’s always a doubt when a fighter moves to a new weight class (no matter which fighter). However, I would still bet on Weidman v. Smith. Would you honestly bet on Smith v. Weidman?
I would bet heavily on Smith flat-lining Weidman in the first round. Horrible matchup for Weidman.

Back