Chris Leben exposes Bas Rutten in this video kinda makes you lose respect

Lets not forget about his commentary.
For years and years I got to read about how Bas was the GOAT commentator and should be signed by the UFC.
The last what ever show I watched that had Bas commentating he was not commentating but singing and had "the Bas Show" paying little attention to the fights.
Ya probably didnt like Rampage commentatin´ too, right, mate?

lolol.png

Shiiit
Bas is one of my favourite fighters
Never would've thought he would do something like this
Money changes people

it shows Bas had no understanding of boxing, with his jab is useless comment, the Jab is the most important tool in the striking and now used widely by all the top fighters in MMA

He had no understanding of the degree of the jab, to throw everything with power leaves your self open to get knocked out and found out, boxers will touch jab touch and bam follow with a power shot, like you said Briggs used a soft jab to open up Tom to follow with a power shot

mixing up the power on your shots is a great way to knock a guy out confuse them with a touch jab and than hit them out of nowhere with more mustard on the punch, throwing all your eggs into every punch is foolish, I seen guys in street fights who threw all power hooks and the guy they were hitting was able to weather the storm and the guy throwing 10 power hooks with all power gassed out bad.

Bas was almost like a bro science striker it was weird, now he doesnt shit on boxing anymore like he used too.

yeah i get that, but i don't think he meant the jab is useless, he meant that he throws his jab hard. he doesn't call it a jab because he equates "jab" to "weak punch". but we all know guys like Foreman, Holmes, and Liston didn't throw weak jabs.

i agree with what you're saying, i'm just saying i don't think Bas gets that jabs are the exact same thing he's talking about, he's just throwing a hard jab. that's it. he doesn't get the nuance of the word.

He did that exact thing when he trained Kimbo. He latched on to him thinking he was going to make bank off him and talked Kimbo up right and left. As soon as it turned to shit, he started bad mouthing him. Bas always has a ton of excuses for every shady thing he does.

Kimbo didn't want to train properly. Bas is a great coach, he didn't want his name associated with someone that wasn't training seriously so he left. If he was shady he would've stayed for the money instead of bailing over dignity and respect.

Latched onto him? Kimbo hired him.

Lets not forget about his commentary.
For years and years I got to read about how Bas was the GOAT commentator and should be signed by the UFC.
The last what ever show I watched that had Bas commentating he was not commentating but singing and had "the Bas Show" paying little attention to the fights.

To each their own but I'll take drunk Bas' singing over Rogans propaganda any day.

Bas always seemed like a cool guy on the surface. Like would make you laugh and you'll feel welcomed. But I knew he was probably a shady character behind the scenes. I would never get in business with the guy. I think it's because of his charismatic persona he hooked people.in to get into business with him or his shady associates and it turned out bad. There is a chance it's not entirely Bas' fault.

Ill never not like bas no matta what ya say.

I was disappointed to hear this, i watched that vid when it first came out...Bas sounds like a dick

Bas always seemed like a cool guy on the surface. Like would make you laugh and you'll feel welcomed. But I knew he was probably a shady character behind the scenes. I would never get in business with the guy. I think it's because of his charismatic persona he hooked people.in to get into business with him or his shady associates and it turned out bad. There is a chance it's not entirely Bas' fault.
Sounds about right to me.

I used to like him a lot. Still do, but not so much. Back when Facebook was more of a thing and there was stuff other than old people posting stupid shit and fake news, I followed Bas.

I realized one day that for every interesting post he posted like at least 10 posts about whatever was paying his bills. I mean the advertising and hyping shit was off the charts! CBD oil this, sign up with code CASH4BAS, training equipment that, Bas certified, blah blah blah.

I was like...
<{clintugh}>
The fucking guy seemed to slap his name on the side of every product he thinks could make him money, talks like a greasy salesman. I couldn’t look at that crap anymore.

I heard about this whole fiasco and for some reason I wasn’t too surprised. Sure, it’s not his fault that there was scumbags and amateurs involved in stuff they shouldn’t be involved with. He still put himself and his name behind that. Deal with the consequenses.

I think he has another combat sport league, something something karate. Karate.com is their website I think. Haven’t heard about any fights they have had, if they’ve had any.

Bas is just bas. He has a huge ego and likes to be the center of attention. I dont think he intentionally tried to rip off the fighters. He's got money, he has income, fame etc. It just doesn't fit. He got used for sure to lure in The fighters. They may even get there money eventually. As far as the jab thing, fighting was different back then. They went in to knock people out. He wanted hard punches to damage people not to outpoint guys for the win. It has evolved into a sport where ending the fight is not as important as winning it. Randleman took him down, and took down everyone.. He was a powerhouse w low center of gravity. Of course he took bas down easily, like khabib did conor. Anyway, I just don't see bas throwing away his image, and character for 1 payday. He wouldn't have took ownership if he thought it was a 1 event thing. That would be dumb as a box of rocks, and he would lose way more money in the long run by intentionally dupping the fighters. Plus his narcissistic ego wouldn't alow him to throw away his favorite thing... Being in the spotlight...

I'll listen to both sides before I cast judgment.

This is the same Chris Leben that pissed his money away on drugs, then complained that the UFC underpaid him and left him broke despite the countless bonus and opportunities they gave the guy.

He can come across a bit ungrateful and a touch deluded sometimes.

Yeah I’m not going to blame Bas for anything based on only Chris Leben’s testimony. You gotta remember too Chris made millions in the UFC, blew it all and blamed poor fighter pay

Huh? Bas Rutten himself has admitted that fighters still haven’t been paid. Leben competed as a prize fighter and never got his prize. Are you suggesting that everyone got paid and they’re just lying? He’s not the only fighter to get fucked by them. I don’t understand your position.

Why do I have to remember Leben’s past money management skills? That couldn’t be more irrelevant to this situation.

Sounds about right to me.

I used to like him a lot. Still do, but not so much. Back when Facebook was more of a thing and there was stuff other than old people posting stupid shit and fake news, I followed Bas.

I realized one day that for every interesting post he posted like at least 10 posts about whatever was paying his bills. I mean the advertising and hyping shit was off the charts! CBD oil this, sign up with code CASH4BAS, training equipment that, Bas certified, blah blah blah.

I was like...
<{clintugh}>
The fucking guy seemed to slap his name on the side of every product he thinks could make him money, talks like a greasy salesman. I couldn’t look at that crap anymore.

I heard about this whole fiasco and for some reason I wasn’t too surprised. Sure, it’s not his fault that there was scumbags and amateurs involved in stuff they shouldn’t be involved with. He still put himself and his name behind that. Deal with the consequenses.

I think he has another combat sport league, something something karate. Karate.com is their website I think. Haven’t heard about any fights they have had, if they’ve had any.

I agree completely. The fights in that Karate league are actually pretty cool though. I would recommend checking it out. For all I know it’s folded already lol, but for awhile they were putting on entertaining fights:

<Fedor23>
Still a Bas fan. 2 sides to a story.

I've been saying forever now that Bas Rutten is a fake and sleazy guy who is full of shit.

And I say that as a fellow Dutchie, thats because I know the typical Dutch type of person that Bas is. The completely in love with himself, can we talk about me, fake as fuck, would screw his own mother over for a dime, always having some kind of side business, thousand bullshit stories having type of guy.

Last edited:
And I say that as a fellow Dutchie, thats because I know the typical Dutch type of person that Bas is. The completely in love with himself, can we talk about me, fake as fuck, would screw his own mother over for a dime, always having some kind of side business, thousand bullshit stories having type of guy.

Everytime I heard him talk, I got the exact same type of vibe off of him.

Well no single contact site or contact form from Bas Rutten works. Neither his main homepage nor any other contacts. He went down?

LOL @ dissing Bas. But its sherdog so I shouldn't be shocked. This is an old story that Bas came straight away with wtf was going on. He was hussled hard too.

Huh? Bas Rutten himself has admitted that fighters still haven’t been paid. Leben competed as a prize fighter and never got his prize. Are you suggesting that everyone got paid and they’re just lying? He’s not the only fighter to get fucked by them. I don’t understand your position.

Why do I have to remember Leben’s past money management skills? That couldn’t be more irrelevant to this situation.
Thank fuck there is another one. Reading through the thread it took 3 pages to find you.

Back