Chris Leben exposes Bas Rutten in this video kinda makes you lose respect

I never liked Bas. I always thought he was always trying to hustle something and quick to shit on it as soon as it goes down. .

He did that exact thing when he trained Kimbo. He latched on to him thinking he was going to make bank off him and talked Kimbo up right and left. As soon as it turned to shit, he started bad mouthing him. Bas always has a ton of excuses for every shady thing he does.

I am not too harsh on him for lack of competition since he had a severe neck injury. My thing is him supposedly backing Kimbo and Overreem. He shits on them immediately if they leave. I am pretty sure he was part of the bare knuckle boxing federation but he immediately shit on it with the get the fighters some hookers speech?
The forum loves him though. I remember he pissed dirty for a whole bunch of pain killers and nobody cared. I think those self defense videos and Pride really helped him become beloved.
Bas is one of those guys who never really fought MMA but gets called a UFC hall of famer he had one fight and then got a gift decision and retired all his other fights were pancrase open palm only and many were looking like fixed fights.

His neck injury was due to seeing who he would have to face when he won the UFC belt by robbery he was like fuck it

Imagine Bas rutten fighting Vitor Belfort or Don Frye or Tank Davis or Randy Couture? Id favor all those guys over Bas. He had horrible take down defense against Randelman in Japan he was able to sprawl against Japanese fighter who were not top wrestlers.

I thought that Bas goving his side of the story made him seem suspect as fuck in the whole thing. "And then the guy turned out to be a heroin addict....but we decided to give him one more chance" etc. I've always been a fan of his as a fighter and personality of the sport but he seems like kind of a sleazebag when it comes to business.
he is a classic con man he uses his charismatic personality and charm to lure you in.

lost respect with how he told all those guys dont worry and then tries to throw the guy under the bus, dog you knew he was a heroin addict but covered for him and lied to Chris leben and others?

they trusted Bas because of his reputation they thought man Bas is a stand up guy he would never swindle us, but turns out he did

Chris is currently going to sue Bas and the owner.

He did that exact thing when he trained Kimbo. He latched on to him thinking he was going to make bank off him and talked Kimbo up right and left. As soon as it turned to shit, he started bad mouthing him. Bas always has a ton of excuses for every shady thing he does.
I remember that when he bashed Kimbo but first he said Kimbo was a great guy but he blamed the guys around kimbo getting in his ear and this and that. and that if only Kimbo had listened to him and we had a great thing going but it was ruined by outside voices in his ear trying to control him lol

always excuses with Bas saying if he followed the plan he would have won

sounds like Bas was duped too and got caught up giving the wrong person the benefit of the doubt, IMO it doesnt really make sense that someone who is where he is because of how widely regarded he is in the mma world as a persona....would throw that all away in this specific fashion ((ripping off fighters )) for what was probably was not some huge payday....

but eh....stranger things have happened I guess

I wasn't fond of him putting down Ricco sparring. Other than that Bas seems legit, and even that was relatively legit.

sounds like Bas was duped too and got caught up giving the wrong person the benefit of the doubt, IMO it doesnt really make sense that someone who is where he is because of how widely regarded he is in the mma world as a persona....would throw that all away in this specific fashion ((ripping off fighters )) for what was probably was not some huge payday....

but eh....stranger things have happened I guess
he is a grown man he was not duped he was just covering for the crappy owner.

Bas was given stake in that company as a President so he was getting a percentage to put his name behind it as a figure head, he wasnt looking for a huge once lump some payday bas was looking at long term income if the thing succeeded he would get a percentage every event.

so he is likely going to get sued, they will settle out monetarily Leben and the other fighters will try to get a reasonable amount nothing huge, and Bas lawyer will paint him the victim to just turn on the guy he was covering, weasel stuff really lol

Bas is a hustler, I like his personality though and have no hate for the guy but he is basically a pitchman and a hustler trying to make money off endorsing things that are crappy like his punch man thing that cost like 500 bucks.

Most of his image is smoke and mirrors, his main intention in his early 30s was to come to America and be a hollywood action star
watch the look on his face when he fight Randelman, before the fight he looked like he saw a ghost he was finally in a REAL fight, after he got one of the worst robber gift decisions in those times he retires becuase he knew guy slike Vitor and Randy, Don Frye, Tank would destroy him

He fought most of his fights in staged style exhibitions in pancrase against japanese cans who took dives with palm strikes

The funniest thing I ever heard Bas say was Jabs are useless in MMA, he was clowning boxing and said some boxer was trying to teach him to punch properly and Bas claimed he was looking at the boxing trainer and said to himself look ad this fool telling me how to punch and throw a jab

Now the Jab is one of the most utilized tool in MMA now, and Bas looked a fool, and everytime his fighter loses he always blames them for not listening lol

i think you're misunderstanding Bas' opinion on the jab. it's not that he thinks the jab is useless, he thinks that a jab = weak lead hand punch.

Bas' opinion is that EVERY punch needs to be thrown hard. his reasoning is because a weak punch will not gain a reaction from the opponent. if you listen to what he says, he says that he doesn't call it a "jab" he calls it a "cross" or straight.

it's basically just semantics of a word and Bas' philosophy on fighting.

i don't 100% agree with him, but i can see what he's trying to convey. if you throw a bunch of weak punches, the opponent won't respect your lead hand. however, Bas doesn't take into consideration that you can feign weakness in order to open an opponent up, example Shannon Briggs vs Tom Erickson.

giphy.gif
First I had ever heard of Bas was on videos like this. I thought to myself "Who is this doofus who shows people how to beat up stationary drunks in an empty bar?"

Then, I saw him on a Kevin James show. I forgot which one.

Then, I saw he was an MMA fighter.

I talked to Leben about this 3 or so weeks ago at Cali Cage Wars, he was a ref there. Dude was fucking pissed about Bas screwing him over, rightfully so. He said the same thing about it all being a big ponzi scheme.

Say it ain't so Bas!
<TheWire1>
<{clintugh}>
<6>
<2>

Sucks for Chris i hope he gets paid his due. Very suspicious behavior from Bas.

i think you're misunderstanding Bas' opinion on the jab. it's not that he thinks the jab is useless, he thinks that a jab = weak lead hand punch.

Bas' opinion is that EVERY punch needs to be thrown hard. his reasoning is because a weak punch will not gain a reaction from the opponent. if you listen to what he says, he says that he doesn't call it a "jab" he calls it a "cross" or straight.

it's basically just semantics of a word and Bas' philosophy on fighting.

i don't 100% agree with him, but i can see what he's trying to convey. if you throw a bunch of weak punches, the opponent won't respect your lead hand. however, Bas doesn't take into consideration that you can feign weakness in order to open an opponent up, example Shannon Briggs vs Tom Erickson.
it shows Bas had no understanding of boxing, with his jab is useless comment, the Jab is the most important tool in the striking and now used widely by all the top fighters in MMA

He had no understanding of the degree of the jab, to throw everything with power leaves your self open to get knocked out and found out, boxers will touch jab touch and bam follow with a power shot, like you said Briggs used a soft jab to open up Tom to follow with a power shot

mixing up the power on your shots is a great way to knock a guy out confuse them with a touch jab and than hit them out of nowhere with more mustard on the punch, throwing all your eggs into every punch is foolish, I seen guys in street fights who threw all power hooks and the guy they were hitting was able to weather the storm and the guy throwing 10 power hooks with all power gassed out bad.

Bas was almost like a bro science striker it was weird, now he doesnt shit on boxing anymore like he used too.

Bas is a hustler, I like his personality though and have no hate for the guy but he is basically a pitchman and a hustler trying to make money off endorsing things that are crappy like his punch man thing that cost like 500 bucks.

Most of his image is smoke and mirrors, his main intention in his early 30s was to come to America and be a hollywood action star
watch the look on his face when he fight Randelman, before the fight he looked like he saw a ghost he was finally in a REAL fight, after he got one of the worst robber gift decisions in those times he retires becuase he knew guy slike Vitor and Randy, Don Frye, Tank would destroy him

He fought most of his fights in staged style exhibitions in pancrase against japanese cans who took dives with palm strikes

The funniest thing I ever heard Bas say was Jabs are useless in MMA, he was clowning boxing and said some boxer was trying to teach him to punch properly and Bas claimed he was looking at the boxing trainer and said to himself look ad this fool telling me how to punch and throw a jab

Now the Jab is one of the most utilized tool in MMA now, and Bas looked a fool, and everytime his fighter loses he always blames them for not listening lol

I was never a fan of Bas...way too full of himself.

I was never a fan of Bas...way too full of himself.

Lets not forget about his commentary.
For years and years I got to read about how Bas was the GOAT commentator and should be signed by the UFC.
The last what ever show I watched that had Bas commentating he was not commentating but singing and had "the Bas Show" paying little attention to the fights.

What...are...ya...talkin´about...

cruz.gif

Sucks for Chris. All jokes aside, Chris really seems like he’s gonna need looking after in the future and that money would have helped. Hopefully he gets paid. I tried reading Bas’ long ass post on his side of the story but I got a few paragraphs in and seemed like it was bunch of, “who shot John,” complete with code names.

“Let’s call the matchmaker (whom Bas is throwing under the bus) ‘FMM’ and the fighters’ manager let’s call him ‘MGR’.”

I do intend on reading his whole response but I’m not really in the mood right now. If anybody else wants to skim through it, feel free.

Never a good sign when you attempt to quiet rumors about your shady practices with a "haha book Inc". Bas is a hustler, never gonna change. He's always looking for a get rich quick scheme that he panders off as the next big thing. It's sad. But then again his tiny arm is shrinking so maybe he needs cash.

Back