Chris Leben exposes Bas Rutten in this video kinda makes you lose respect

Watch the video if you think about it, Bas is like those made for tv pitchmen kinda messed up how Bas kept telling Chris its going to be okay I know the guy he is a stand up guy a good guy and kept vouching for this shady guy and he never paid Leben and even gave Phil Baroni a fake bounced check or something. some of the comments are funny one guy said wow but I bet you Bas sure as hell got paid lol

He speaks more on it here and signed with the legit BK org that Artem and Paulie signed with, with bec rawlings.

Chris said the org he last fought for could have been a ponzi scheme and he is working with some lawyers to sue them including Bas Rutten who was a president of the company. NFL Shawn Merrimen was supposed to fight in that org but they didnt pay him either so he pulled out last minute

basrutten_display_image.jpg

1e24ccb0053a64f2d842636a5f585c99--palm-tattoos-new-tattoos.jpg

Bas is ruined.

I dont dislike Bas but I was never a fan of his. When he was fighting I think i cheered against him in all of his fights. I did read his statement about this when he put it out and I remember it seemed suspect as far as him claiming he was going along with these decisions cause he wanted to help these shady people turn their lives around by starting a new organization or whatever he was claiming.

Wait for the full story before making judgements.

Said no one ever

Sucks for Chris. All jokes aside, Chris really seems like he’s gonna need looking after in the future and that money would have helped. Hopefully he gets paid. I tried reading Bas’ long ass post on his side of the story but I got a few paragraphs in and seemed like it was bunch of, “who shot John,” complete with code names.

“Let’s call the matchmaker (whom Bas is throwing under the bus) ‘FMM’ and the fighters’ manager let’s call him ‘MGR’.”

I do intend on reading his whole response but I’m not really in the mood right now. If anybody else wants to skim through it, feel free.

I cant see this post I have ad block that blocks it for some reason.

Edit:
Yikes just looked at bas facebook post and its not a good look long ranting of a guilty man

users are ripping him this post is from December 2018 though

Bas claims they will get paid yet Chris recently said they havent got paid, so Bas lied again its April now.

Mark Gee Another week, and the fighters, who largely based their decision to trust Tom on your reputation and willingness to vouch for the guy and his organization, have still not been paid. Bas, this is ridiculous. Have you been paid yet? I’m guessing you have because if this weren’t the case, I’m certain you’d be much less Pollyanna about this disturbing situation.

Isaac Vallie-flagg, Joey Angelo, Joey Munoz, Cj Leveque

Bas Rutten I will get paid once the fighters get paid, until now it has cost me money and a lot of time. Talked to Tom yesterday again, the fighters will get paid

I’ve always felt bad for Leben. Not sure why. Not pity or anything just seemed like a troubled soul for some reason. Loved his fights tho even tho he starched Wand

Those were some prime Paul Heyman level excuses. Didn't expect that shit from Bas...

<{Heymansnicker}>

Oh man it’s gonna take some serious evidence for me to turn on Bas.
Why do you like him though? I know he has a legion of supporters back then. He used to be in the Goat talks too.

Yeah I’m not going to blame Bas for anything based on only Chris Leben’s testimony. You gotta remember too Chris made millions in the UFC, blew it all and blamed poor fighter pay

I never liked Bas. I always thought he was always trying to hustle something and quick to shit on it as soon as it goes down. I can't blame him though since he missed out on any big paydays but he did parlay it with a hollywood gym early in the game.
Bas is a hustler, I like his personality though and have no hate for the guy but he is basically a pitchman and a hustler trying to make money off endorsing things that are crappy like his punch man thing that cost like 500 bucks.

Most of his image is smoke and mirrors, his main intention in his early 30s was to come to America and be a hollywood action star
watch the look on his face when he fight Randelman, before the fight he looked like he saw a ghost he was finally in a REAL fight, after he got one of the worst robber gift decisions in those times he retires becuase he knew guy slike Vitor and Randy, Don Frye, Tank would destroy him

He fought most of his fights in staged style exhibitions in pancrase against japanese cans who took dives with palm strikes

The funniest thing I ever heard Bas say was Jabs are useless in MMA, he was clowning boxing and said some boxer was trying to teach him to punch properly and Bas claimed he was looking at the boxing trainer and said to himself look ad this fool telling me how to punch and throw a jab

Now the Jab is one of the most utilized tool in MMA now, and Bas looked a fool, and everytime his fighter loses he always blames them for not listening lol

Last edited:
Yeah, dude has been an ambassador for the sport for a long time.
And that is why Leben said he trusted the organization because Bas always came off as trustworthy ambassador, and he got hurt because Bas assured everyone back in December they would get paid, but its April now and still no money.
I think Phil Baroni was given a fake check too lol

Bas is a hustler, I like his personality though and have no hate for the guy but he is basically a pitchman and a hustler trying to make money off endorsing things that are crappy like his punch man thing that cost like 500 bucks.

Most of his image is smoke and mirrors, his main intention in his early 30s was to come to America and be a hollywood action star
watch the look on his face when he fight Randelman, before the fight he looked like he saw a ghost he was finally in a REAL fight, after he got one of the worst robber gift decisions in those times he retires becuase he knew guy slike Vitor and Randy, Don Frye, Tank would destroy him

He fought most of his fights in staged style exhibitions in pancrase against japanese cans who took dives with palm strikes

The funniest thing I ever heard Bas say was Jabs are useless in MMA, he was clowning boxing and said some boxer was trying to teach him to punch properly and Bas claimed he was looking at the boxing trainer and said to himself look ad this fool telling me how to punch and throw a job

Now the Jab is one of the most utilized tool in MMA now, and Bas looked a fool, and everytime his fighter loses he always blames them for not listening lol

I am not too harsh on him for lack of competition since he had a severe neck injury. My thing is him supposedly backing Kimbo and Overreem. He shits on them immediately if they leave. I am pretty sure he was part of the bare knuckle boxing federation but he immediately shit on it with the get the fighters some hookers speech?
The forum loves him though. I remember he pissed dirty for a whole bunch of pain killers and nobody cared. I think those self defense videos and Pride really helped him become beloved.

Sucks for Chris. All jokes aside, Chris really seems like he’s gonna need looking after in the future and that money would have helped. Hopefully he gets paid. I tried reading Bas’ long ass post on his side of the story but I got a few paragraphs in and seemed like it was bunch of, “who shot John,” complete with code names.

“Let’s call the matchmaker (whom Bas is throwing under the bus) ‘FMM’ and the fighters’ manager let’s call him ‘MGR’.”

I do intend on reading his whole response but I’m not really in the mood right now. If anybody else wants to skim through it, feel free.

Bas Tolstoy writing 'War & Peace' here.

I thought that Bas goving his side of the story made him seem suspect as fuck in the whole thing. "And then the guy turned out to be a heroin addict....but we decided to give him one more chance" etc. I've always been a fan of his as a fighter and personality of the sport but he seems like kind of a sleazebag when it comes to business.

Back