Chris Byrd's LHW Debut Agaist Shaun George FNF ESPN2

On a better note, Shannon Briggs is a pretty good announcer.

I haven't seen this fight but have a question. How much weight did Byrd lose over how much time?

On a side note, I just looked up Kim's record on Boxrec and he's now 14-5, but has won six straight and is 12-2 after starting his career 2-3. Big win for him.

So I'm at Chili's having drinks tonight, and my buddy asks them to put FNF's on, and they say they no longer show any boxing on their TV's. Fuckin lame. Glad I missed this though, I was hoping Byrd would look good, and from all accounts he got his ass whipped.

This was the hardest 9rds of boxing I have ever had to watch.I've followed Byrd's career pretty much since he turned Pro,I'm friends with his Father,met his brothers,watched him spar and it really hurt to see his career end in that fashion.

He will remain my favorite Boxer and he really did have a good run in this Sport.

I am really pleased that this thread and posters have given praise to Byrd ,even while losing.True fans know that we pretty much lost 1 of the most talented pure boxers to ever lace up gloves.

Thank you Chris Byrd for giving me reason to deeply embrace this Sport.

What a shame, I just got home and read this thread... This didn't come as a huge suprise because I knew he was going to have troubles comming from HW down to LHW.

It's just a whole different game, at LHW they throw alot more and it looks as if Byrd was just done.

This is what happens when you move down in weight without a famous nutritionist...

So I'm at Chili's having drinks tonight, and my buddy asks them to put FNF's on, and they say they no longer show any boxing on their TV's. Fuckin lame. Glad I missed this though, I was hoping Byrd would look good, and from all accounts he got his ass whipped.

Go to Ruby Tuesdays. Whenever I went there on friday nights, they always had one TV that showed the fights.

Tough to watch for me also. Byrd just always seemed like such a nice guy etc, hoped he could go out on a better note than that. I heard him say after the fight that he wanted an interview, but ESPN never got one out of him? Too bad, I wanted to hear what he had to say. And I agree, Shannon Briggs is a good announcer.

Byrd looked terrible, why was he fighting with his hands facing out the whole time? He seemed to have no confidence and Shaun George looked great at 175. You gave us some great thrills Byrd, and for George you are the fighter that has been reborn at 175, lets see you fight again real soon.

I agree on the interview, I would have liked to see what he had to say. I wish the man luck down the road and he needs to do alittle soul searching on his future.

The other two fights were good.
But Byrd looked sickly in the ring. Right from the get-go, he just didn't look right.

Funny how Cunningham said he thought Byrd took to crack.

God his wife gets on my nerves. Why does she talk for him?

its her husband, an even though we are his fans; none of us has to deal w/the ramifications of what may happen to him if he decides to get into the boxing ring, so she is perfectly w/in her rights to comment on his career or not.

i know her and jin mosley irritate people and maybe they are a bit much; but fact of the matter is they are the ones who are connected to them financially mentally emotionally, they have to deal w/the good and bad that comes outside of the fights/headlines. So i think its well w/in her rights to look after her husband, herself and her kids by speaking out; i see why you got an issue, but i hope u see mine.

yeah I saw that he was hospitalized too. Good luck Chris.

its her husband, an even though we are his fans; none of us has to deal w/the ramifications of what may happen to him if he decides to get into the boxing ring, so she is perfectly w/in her rights to comment on his career or not.

i know her and jin mosley irritate people and maybe they are a bit much; but fact of the matter is they are the ones who are connected to them financially mentally emotionally, they have to deal w/the good and bad that comes outside of the fights/headlines. So i think its well w/in her rights to look after her husband, herself and her kids by speaking out; i see why you got an issue, but i hope u see mine.
I just hate how she always speaks up for him. It's irritating. I remember after Toney/Jirov in Toney's post-fight interview Toney said something like, "Oh look Chris has his woman talking for him." It just gets annoying. Let the man have his own say every once in awhile.

byrd170x183_3175.jpg

411mania.com: Sports - Byrd Passes Out then Hospitalized

Back